#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
ISIS to crucify Priest kidnapped in Yemen on Good Friday

03-24-2016, 11:18 PM #1
Stride
Chaplain
I do not know if this is true or not.  Media reports go back 4 days that an Indian priest who was kidnapped in Yemen in early March is to be crucified by ISIS on Good Friday. 

Catholic news sites denied the story 2 days ago (catholic Herald UK) but then other sites, Catholic.org are saying it may occur in stories posted within the last day. 

The denial stories from 2 days ago have been pulled down though and are no longer available. 

The MSM though has picked it up in the last day to beat the anti-ISIS drum. 

What is true is that ISIS attacked a Catholic order run old peoples home in early March killing 16 people, including 4 nuns. This has been confirmed by South African nuns. 

Quote:ISIS plans to brutally crucify Catholic priest on Good Friday

LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) - Social media users are sharing rumors that Fr. Tom Uzhunnalil, who was captured by ISIS terrorists in Aden, Yemen on March 4, is due to be crucified on Good Friday, and that he is being tortured in the meantime. Fr. Uzhunnalil was captured in a brutal attack that left 16 people, including four nuns, dead.

On March 4, gunmen stormed a home for senior citizens. They killed four of the five nuns working there. The fifth nun, Sister Sally, hid behind a door and although she said gunmen passed by repeatedly, searching for her, they miraculously never found her. 

Her fellow sisters were not so lucky, they were tied to trees and shot in the head. 

Officials do not know conclusively if ISIS is responsible for the attack, or if Fr. Uzhunnalil is even still alive. At this time, rumors of his pending execution are also unconfirmed. 

Despite the threat of terrorism and death, thousands of people continue to volunteer to help the innocent people of the war-ravaged Middle East survive. The Catholic Church remains faithful to its duty, even in the face of danger. 

All are encouraged to include Fr. Tom Uzhunnalil in their prayers, may he be returned safe to those who love him. 

http://www.catholic.org/news/internation...p?id=68083

03-24-2016, 11:37 PM #2
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Is that a trustworthy source? The International section, where you found this story, is almost 100% all about ISIS or Islam or Muslims and how the Catholics must go to war etc... dunno man, a site may be called catholic.org but is it?

http://www.catholic.org/news/international/

Scimi
This post was last modified: 03-24-2016, 11:37 PM by Scimitar.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Scimitar's post:
  • Tarikko

03-25-2016, 12:10 AM #3
Alex
Chaplain
Crucifixion is a Christian thing, not Muslim (ik isis isn't Islamic but people like Lisa think they are).
Also Good Friday is supposedly a "Christian" holiday (Easter = Eshtar).

If the story isn't meant to provoke then idk what is.

Seems like its straight up propaganda to keep Christians and Muslims at one anothers throats and God knows best.

"My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never
miss me and that what misses me was never meant for me"

~Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (ra)

The following 2 users Like Alex's post:
  • Tarikko, Scimitar

03-25-2016, 12:16 AM #4
Scimitar
Grand Commander
There's an elephant in the room, I swear it.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Scimitar's post:
  • Tarikko

03-25-2016, 12:17 AM #5
Scimitar
Grand Commander
(03-25-2016, 12:16 AM)Scimitar Wrote:  There's an elephant in the room, I swear it.

Scimi

HAH!! !! !! Someone gimme elephant gun

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi

03-25-2016, 01:23 AM #6
Stride
Chaplain
(03-25-2016, 12:10 AM)Alex Wrote:  Crucifixion is a Christian thing, not Muslim (ik isis isn't Islamic but people like Lisa think they are).  

Seems like its straight up propaganda to keep Christians and Muslims at one anothers throats and God knows best.
What?

It was a Roman form of execution that the Jews loved. 

You Alex are yet another fool who sees any story as provocative.  I did not post this story to provoke anything. 

The issue of the hostages is being raised in mass globally as we speak. 

Hence I looked into it. 

Take the stupid chip off your shoulders will you?

It's the Muslims I believe on this forum who have chosen to adopt a ridiculous Crusade mindset. 

Again, I posted this story as it is about a hostage situation involving a priest and dead nuns. 

YOU and YOU only chose to raise the concept of provocation. 

Fool.

03-25-2016, 01:28 AM #7
Stride
Chaplain
(03-24-2016, 11:37 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  Is that a trustworthy source? The International section, where you found this story, is almost 100% all about ISIS or Islam or Muslims and how the Catholics must go to war etc... dunno man, a site may be called catholic.org but is it?

http://www.catholic.org/news/international/

Scimi
Have you bothered to look at any other news site that has covered it or just gone straight into the 'I don't like the subject matter so I'm going to dismiss the news source' mode?

Did you even read the OP?

Breitbart covers it. The Times of India covers it. 

Indian online news sites like this cover it.

http://english.manoramaonline.com/news/k...amily.html

The Daily Star from Lebanon covers it.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-...yemen.ashx

Are those all Zionist controlled propaganda sites too, in the Muslim 'we will deny and refute anything negative about Islam anywhere' mind?

As I said 'I don't know if this is true or not' ... as I don't. 

I looked at sources which were covering the story up to 4 days ago.  A UK Catholic news site says it isn't true.  Which I referenced. 

Did you miss it? 

Are you not familiar of Jews masquerading as Muslims crucifying Christians in the past?

HINT: The Young Turks in Armenia 100 years ago. 

You guys really have to get the chip off your shoulders.
This post was last modified: 03-25-2016, 01:41 AM by Stride.

03-25-2016, 01:42 AM #8
Stride
Chaplain
I hope that this thread will now be discussed for the subject matter at hand and the truly pathetic crusade mentality and desire to play the victim ends. 

This thread was not intended to provoke anything and the guys who posted have just exposed their own mindset and how that mindset views threads on this forum.
This post was last modified: 03-25-2016, 01:47 AM by Stride.

03-25-2016, 02:07 AM #9
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(03-25-2016, 12:10 AM)Alex Wrote:  Crucifixion is a Christian thing, not Muslim (ik isis isn't Islamic but people like Lisa think they are).  

Quote:Crucifixion is a Christian thing, not Muslim
Actually, it's a Roman empire thing, that was their way of torturous capitol punishment.. the cross in Christianity symbolizes that Jesus *beat* the death sentence and satan with the help of God, because he had no sin, was raised to God after 3 days in the tomb.
However, ISIS are not the only ones that do this in modern times.. so do the Saud's.. along with beheadings.
Not sure if this particular story is true, but ISIS have crucified ppl in Syria and the Saudi govt brought in the new year by beheading and crucifying 147 ppl in January 2016.
Wahhabis.
Rolleyes
This post was last modified: 03-25-2016, 02:28 AM by sophiaponders.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 1 user Likes sophiaponders's post:
  • Tarikko

03-25-2016, 02:45 AM #10
Stride
Chaplain
For for the benefit of those who need educating.

It was widely used by Romans and Jesus Christ was crucified after being sentenced to death by the Sanhedrin Rabbis.  Jewish law was suspended due to Roman occupation so the Rabbis begged and pleaded the Romans to execute him. Eventually they agreed. Hence Jesus Christ was executed by a Roman method. 

It is still used today, but rarely. 
Quote:Crucifixion is still used as a rare method of execution in some countries. The punishment of crucifixion (șalb) imposed in Islamic law is variously interpreted as exposure of the body after execution, crucifixion followed by stabbing in the chest, or crucifixion for three days, survivors of which are allowed to live.[97]

Burma
The human rights group Karen Women Organization documented a case of Tatmadawforces crucifying several Karen villagers in 2000 in the Dooplaya District in Burma's Kayin State.[98][99]

Iraq
On 5 February 2015 The United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child (CRC) reported that the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) has committed "several cases of mass executions of boys, as well as reports of beheadings, crucifixions of children and burying children alive."[100]

Iran
Theoretically, crucifixion is still one of the Haddpunishments in Iran.[101][102] Although it is not actually applied and there is no example of its use.[citation needed] If a crucified person were to survive three days of crucifixion, that person would be allowed to live.[103] Execution by hanging is described as follows: "In execution by hanging, the prisoner will be hung on a hanging truss which should look like a cross, while his (her) back is toward the cross, and (s)he faces the direction of Mecca [in Saudi Arabia], and his (her) legs are vertical and distant from the ground."[104]

Saudi Arabia
Several people have been executed by crucifixion in Saudi Arabia in the 2000s, although on occasion they were first beheaded and then crucified. Most recently, in March 2013, a robber was set to be executed by being crucified for three days.[105] However, the method was changed.[106]
Ali Mohammed Baqir al-Nimr was arrested in 2012 when he was 17 years old for taking part in an anti-government protests in Saudi Arabia during the Arab Spring.[107] In May 2014, Ali al-Nimr was sentenced to be publicly beheaded and crucified.[108]

Sudan
Sudan's penal code, based upon the government's interpretation of shari'a,[109][110][111] includes execution followed by crucifixion as a penalty. When, in 2002, 88 people were sentenced to death for crimes relating to murder, armed robbery, and participating in ethnic clashes, Amnesty International wrote that they could be executed by either hanging or crucifixion.[112]

Syria
On 30 April 2014 Islamic extremists carried out a total of seven public executions in Raqqa, northern Syria.[113] The pictures, originally posted to Twitter by a student at Oxford University, were retweeted by a Twitter account owned by a known member of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) causing major media outlets to incorrectly attribute the crucifixions to the militant group.[114] In most of these cases of "crucifixion" the victims are shot first then their bodies are displayed[115] but there have also been reports of "crucifixion" preceding shootings or decapitations[116] as well as a case where a man was said to have been "crucified alive for eight hours" with no indication of whether he died.[115]

Ukraine
On January 22nd, 2014, an anti-government activist and member of AutoMaidan was kidnapped by unknown parties and tortured for a week. His captors kept him in the dark, beat him, cut off a piece of his ear, and nailed him to a cross. His captors ultimately left him in a forest outside Kiev after forcing him to confess to being an American spy and accepting money from the US Embassy in Ukraine to organize protests against then-President Viktor Yanukovych.[117]

In 2015, a video surfaced depicting members of the Azov Battalion, an official regiment of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, allegedly crucifying a separatist rebel of Novorossiya and burning him alive. Therein they declare, "all the separatists, traitors of Ukraine and militia fighters [sic] will be treated the same." The Azov Battalion is associated with neo-Nazism and flaunts symbols associated with the SS such as the wolfsangel and black sun. They allegedly sent the video to the pro-Russian hacktivistorganization CyberBerkut, which responded by threatening to take no Ukrainian Army soldiers or militia fighters as prisoners from then on. The authenticity of this video is unconfirmed.[118][119]

United Arab Emirates
Crucifixion is a legal punishment in the United Arab Emirates.[1

Source Wikipedia.
This post was last modified: 03-25-2016, 02:47 AM by Stride.