#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
What is the scriptural proof for Jesus being the messiah?

03-18-2016, 06:46 PM #1
mani2368
Marshall
I'm asking both christians especially, and also muslims who might be well aquainted with the subject. We all know a lot of people take it for a given, that there is not much issue of contention here, is this justified really?

http://faithstrengthened.karaitejudaism....ter01.html

http://faithstrengthened.karaitejudaism.org/FS_TOC.html

I bring this up more as a way to balance the fact that there are no practicing jews, or anyone in my knowledge, that has a working functioning understanding of Hebrew here- Just assume i'm an orthodox Karaite (to avoid accussations of talmudism)Jew.

What are the proofs of Jesus being the messiah? Why is Jesus rejected by the jews?

Every Man, and every Woman is a star.
Love, Be Joyful, and Die daily...behold all opposites as necessary complements, and rejoice!
The following 1 user Likes mani2368's post:
  • Artful Revealer

03-18-2016, 07:02 PM #2
Lisa
Chaplain
(03-18-2016, 06:46 PM)mani2368 Wrote:  I'm asking both christians especially, and also muslims who might be well aquainted with the subject. We all know a lot of people take it for a given,  that there is not much issue of contention here, is this justified really?

http://faithstrengthened.karaitejudaism....ter01.html

http://faithstrengthened.karaitejudaism.org/FS_TOC.html

I bring this up more as a way to balance the fact that there are no practicing jews, or anyone in my knowledge, that has a working functioning understanding of Hebrew here- Just assume i'm an orthodox Karaite  (to avoid accussations of talmudism)Jew.

What are the proofs of Jesus being the messiah?  Why is Jesus rejected by the jews?

Didn't the Jews reject Jesus because they were waiting for a different sort of savior? One that would save them from Rome? Not someone who would save them from sin.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

03-18-2016, 07:39 PM #3
seekinheart
Justiciar
this again....

03-18-2016, 07:41 PM #4
Artful Revealer
Chaplain
(03-18-2016, 06:46 PM)mani2368 Wrote:  Why is Jesus rejected by the jews?
Jesus, the false prophet (according to Jews)

Quote:According to the Torah (Deuteronomy 13:1-5 and 18:18-22), the criteria for a person to be considered a prophet or speak for God in Judaism are that he must follow the God of Israel (and no other god); he must not describe God differently from how he is known to be from Scripture; he must not advocate change to God's word or state that God has changed his mind and wishes things that contradict his already-stated eternal word; and the things he does speak of must come to pass.[24] There is no concept of the Messiah "fulfilling the law" to free the Israelites from their duty to maintain the mitzvot in Judaism, as is understood in much of Christianity.

There are two types of "false prophet" recognized in the Hebrew Bible (Tanakh): the one who claims to be a prophet in the name of idolatry, and the one who claims to be a prophet in the name of the God of Israel, but declares that any word or commandment (mitzvah) which God has said no longer applies, or makes false statements in the name of God.[25] As traditional Judaism believes that God's word is true eternally, one who claims to speak in God's name but diverges in any way from what God himself has said, logically cannot be inspired by divine authority. Deuteronomy 13:1 states simply, "Be careful to observe only that which I enjoin upon you; neither add to it nor take away from it."
This post was last modified: 03-18-2016, 07:42 PM by Artful Revealer.

Faith receives, love gives. No one will be able to receive without faith. No one will be able to give without love. Because of this, in order that we may indeed receive, we believe, and in order that we may love, we give, since if one gives without love, he has no profit from what he has given. He who has received something other than the Lord is still a Hebrew. - Gospel of Philip

03-18-2016, 07:45 PM #5
mani2368
Marshall
(03-18-2016, 07:39 PM)seekinheart Wrote:  this again....

Am I missing something here? Is there a thread with accurate commentary, translation, and halakah where christians and muslims give proof that Jesus is the messiah as prophecised by Israel in teh Tanakh? Because in all my years here i've never seen an attempt by christians and muslims to convince a jew of christs messiahship ( a fact btw which both faiths rely on needing to be true). This is ironic considering that HELLO , messiahship is a core tenet of Judaist spiritual eschathology. There would be no chrstians/muslims without the Tanakh. So let us look at the Tanakh.

Every Man, and every Woman is a star.
Love, Be Joyful, and Die daily...behold all opposites as necessary complements, and rejoice!

03-18-2016, 09:01 PM #6
Alex
Chaplain
(03-18-2016, 07:45 PM)mani2368 Wrote:  
(03-18-2016, 07:39 PM)seekinheart Wrote:  this again....
i've never seen an attempt by  christians and muslims to convince a jew of christs messiahship
I honestly don't care what a Jew believes.

Depending on your what your definition of Jew is you have to convince them there is a God in the first place.

That is the majority see it as a race and not a faith at all. "The Atheist Jew" in this day and age is somehow not an oxymoron.

Idk why i have to convince them of anything.

"My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never
miss me and that what misses me was never meant for me"

~Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (ra)

The following 1 user Likes Alex's post:
  • Tarikko

03-19-2016, 08:51 AM #7
Todd
Chaplain
Daniel Chapter 9 gives a very specific timeline of when the Messiah would arrive.  Jesus fits that timeline perfectly.  Daniel's prophecy also states that Messiah would come before the second temple was destroyed, which happened in 70AD.  Whether is was Jesus or not, the implication of Daniel's prophecy is that the majority of the Jews have missed the first coming of their Messiah.

If Jesus was not the Messiah we need to find someone pre 70AD that fits the description of the Messiah including such details as being born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2) from tribe of Judah (Genesis 49:10), riding into Jerusalem on an ass(Zechariah 9:9), he would be tortured to death(Psalm 22), and suffered a death as described in Isaiah chapter 52.   There are more, but this should suffice to start a discussion.
This post was last modified: 03-19-2016, 08:52 AM by Todd.

Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did

03-19-2016, 09:17 AM #8
Yahda
Chaplain
(03-19-2016, 08:51 AM)Todd Wrote:  Daniel Chapter 9 gives a very specific timeline of when the Messiah would arrive.  Jesus fits that timeline perfectly.  Daniel's prophecy also states that Messiah would come before the second temple was destroyed, which happened in 70AD.  Whether is was Jesus or not, the implication of Daniel's prophecy is that the majority of the Jews have missed the first coming of their Messiah.

If Jesus was not the Messiah we need to find someone pre 70AD that fits the description of the Messiah including such details as being born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2) from tribe of Judah (Genesis 49:10), riding into Jerusalem on an ass(Zechariah 9:9), he would be tortured to death(Psalm 22), and suffered a death as described in Isaiah chapter 52.   There are more, but this should suffice to start a discussion.

David was born to Jesse from the tribe of Judah and I'll get that verse for you 1st Samuel 17:12/Micah 5:2

David was also the one who suffered and you can read about that in psalms, and the chosen children will be the one riding in on an ass. 

I asked 100 times I know, WHAT RELATIONSHIP DOES JESUS HAVE TO ANY OF THE TRIBES ??? 

How is this savior from Judah when he's God's son who was there in the beginning placed in a womb born in immaculate conception......

How is Jesus Judah ??? I know the Christians and Muslims will ignore this question.
This post was last modified: 03-19-2016, 09:20 AM by Yahda.

~Yahda

03-19-2016, 09:32 AM #9
Todd
Chaplain
How can David be the Messiah....he was before Daniel?  Or do you not believe Daniel's prophecy is about the Messiah?

Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did
The following 1 user Likes Todd's post:
  • Tarikko

03-19-2016, 09:53 AM #10
Yahda
Chaplain
(03-19-2016, 09:32 AM)Todd Wrote:  How can David be the Messiah....he was before Daniel?  Or do you not believe Daniel's prophecy is about the Messiah?

A precept is a precept. Besides didn't God say he will raise up the booth of David again as the days of old and that his descendants/sons/offspring will sit on his throne ? Ezekiel 37:24/34:23

Amos 9:11 IN THAT DAY I will raise up the booth of David that has fallen and I will RESTORE its ruins

I will REBUILD it as in the days of long ago "

You still didn't answer the question

HOW CAN THE IMMACULATE BORN SAVIOR BE JUDAH ??????
This post was last modified: 03-19-2016, 09:56 AM by Yahda.

~Yahda