#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Creation proof in one word: Copies.

03-05-2016, 03:46 AM #1
sarcasm
Marshall
i am no scientist but if living things with DNA are copying traits during reproduction then my conclusion is evolution is disproved. Because you can pass on only PREEXISTING traits.
Chicken or the egg argument is compelling too.
to produce 1st egg you need the hen and the rooster to be there first.
2 chickens will always produce morfe of the same.

Can my logic on the above be wrong?
The following 2 users Like sarcasm's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, mrgrimm

03-05-2016, 04:20 AM #2
Alex
Chaplain
(03-05-2016, 03:46 AM)sarcasm Wrote:  i am no scientist but if living things with DNA are copying traits during reproduction then my conclusion is evolution is disproved. Because you can pass on only PREEXISTING traits.
Chicken or the egg argument is compelling too.
to produce 1st egg you need the hen and the rooster to be there first.
2 chickens will always produce morfe of the same.

Can my logic on the above be wrong?

Seems there are as many theories out there claiming to prove evolution as many as there are claiming to prove creationism. Personally I don't believe grand dad was an ape.  But that doesn't mean i completely discard evolution.

Quote:We have created them and strengthened their forms, and when We will, We can change their likenesses with [complete] alteration.                                                                                                                          

[76:28 Quran]

In other words, God changes man and all other manner of things as he wills.
If your looking to prove creationism, ie, there is a God.  There are many other proofs.  Don't need to focus on this issue.

"My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never
miss me and that what misses me was never meant for me"

~Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (ra)

The following 4 users Like Alex's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Scimitar, Trenton, Tarikko

03-05-2016, 04:30 AM #3
sarcasm
Marshall
yes there are many more examples.. but this was my pick atm.
People say... where is your proof?
Where isnt any?... one may ask.imo
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton

03-05-2016, 09:17 AM #4
mrgrimm
Marshall
To me, it appears the genetics of something can be changed somehow through reproduction (I have no idea how). If it could not, then I don't think we would have the variety of dogs we have today, for example.  The basic "foundation" traits are all there (2 eyes, 2 ears, 4 legs, etc...) but other traits that seem to not have been pre-existing have changed/mutated somehow to produce something as large as a St. Bernard as compared to a Chihuahua.  

Or even take a Poodle for example...how much in common does a Poodle have with their ancestor wolves, foxes, etc.???

It is very interesting to a common man like myself.
The following 4 users Like mrgrimm's post:
  • Tarikko, Thy Unveiling, Scimitar, Trenton

03-05-2016, 12:38 PM #5
Scimitar
Grand Commander
I too sometimes wonder about that myself and think, 'wonder what animals make of us humans? do they see us a mongrels too? pure breeds?'

it's an interesting thought. After seeing what others have shared in that animal thread, I am starting to notice that each animal is as individual as any human being - each animal within a species has its own temperament, just like we do... their own desires, wants, cravings, ideas, thoughts, dreams even...

...if animals could communicate with us, what would they tell us? now there is a thought.

(03-05-2016, 04:30 AM)sarcasm Wrote:  yes there are many more examples.. but this was my pick atm.
People say... where is your proof?
Where isnt any?... one may ask.imo

Absence of proof doesn't necessarily equate to a proof of absence.

Scimi
This post was last modified: 03-05-2016, 12:40 PM by Scimitar.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 4 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, All Creation, mrgrimm, Tarikko

03-06-2016, 05:46 PM #6
sarcasm
Marshall
Genetically dogs are domesticated wolves.

I am by no means trying to insult any people by making simplistic comparisons.
It doesnt make much sense to me to say life in all its forms somehow happened by koinkydinky. It looks to me like a very purposeful design.. and only God could do all that.
  • Thy Unveiling, Tarikko

03-06-2016, 05:51 PM #7
sarcasm
Marshall
sorry bout double posts.

selective dog breeders created many varieties of dogs.
The following 1 user Likes sarcasm's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

03-06-2016, 06:49 PM #8
mrgrimm
Marshall
I am with you in the belief that we are here for a reason. 

Some things can give us clues to evolution...but not a final answer, take this example...

A machine is pretty neat when looked at from a complex technological view. Even that machine though, took hundreds if not thousands of years though to come about (if looking at it from a view that typically, another "machine" made the parts for so and so machine, etc...) from a perspective. Even though really it might have only taken a week or so complete using the already existing technology and knowledge.

But even a flea is more remarkable than any machine. Life itself, and the intricacy of the systems required to sustain it (blood, organs, cells that can grow, mutate, repair themselves, etc...) is so amazing.

So if cloning is real, still - the "life" that is in those cells that must be used to start the cloning process is still some kind of supernatural thing - which I attribute to God.
The following 2 users Like mrgrimm's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Tarikko

03-06-2016, 08:35 PM #9
sarcasm
Marshall
i think i failed to see Scimi s point before.
i guess he means the mind and intellect and consciousness are perhaps a unique trait or maybe the soul is.
of course.
why do we have dreams during sleep?
the other night i dreamed . it seemed derived from my while awake thoughts.. but still something new happened.. and i even remembered the sentence i said too.
we are more than copies and that is also hard to explain with any science.
The following 3 users Like sarcasm's post:
  • Scimitar, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko

03-11-2016, 12:36 AM #10
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Scimi was telling me the other day that there's 3 types of dreams. I forget the exact names he called them, but basically one is pretty much your subconscious... The ones that are all over the place and make no sense while your brain is trying to work stuff out. (Apparently mine likes eating, and wants to be bff with Britney Spears...)Then there's the ones sent by Shayatan, nightmares, which you shouldn't talk about because you don't know who's listening. And the ones sent by God, the beautiful dreams which you should still hold close because they are gifts, but that you can share them with people you can trust.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 2 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • Tarikko, Scimitar