#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Once saved, ALWAYS saved

02-29-2016, 12:21 PM #1
Claire Rousseau
Justiciar
ETERNAL SECURITY

This doctrine is under attack today because of modern Bible perversions which teach a works (or works + faith) false Gospel.  This new teaching that you can somehow “lose” your salvation is UNBIBLICAL.  Salvation is PERMANENT, eternal, everlasting.  If we could do something to lose it, then it was NEVER everlasting, eternal or a gift and the Bible teaches it is all three.  Those that teach the heresy that you can lose salvation are NOT saved, and if they are honest with themselves, they will realize they are believing in a faith+works salvation.  I pray that they take this to God in prayer, and ask God to show them His true Word, which He promised to preserve, so they may discover the correct English translation of His Word, and not be led astray by the subtlety of false versions that are unsound and unsure.

Below I have compiled a brief list of 25 BIBLICAL FACTS which PROVE the assurance of salvation for the believer who has accepted the FREE GIFT of salvation through FAITH ALONE in the finished works of Jesus Christ.  This is CLEARLY laid out in Scripture:

“He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”    ~1 John 5:10-13 KJB

1. The believer has everlasting or eternal life.

John 5:24: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

John 10:28: “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”

2. The believer is born of God.

John 1:12-13: “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.”

3. Christ will raise every believer up at the last day.

John 6:44-47: “No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, and they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”

4. The believer has already passed from death unto life.

John 5:24: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

5. The believer will not listen to nor follow a stranger, but will flee from him.

John 10:5: “And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.” (The stranger here is Satan and his false teachers.)

6. The believer is in Christ’s hand and cannot be plucked out.

John 10:28: “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”

7. The believer is in the Father’s hand and cannot be plucked out.

John 10:29: “My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.”

8. The believer is saved through faith not by works.

Ephesians 2:8-9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

9. Faith is a gift from God.

Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Ephesians 2:8-9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

10. The believer is not saved by what he does, but by what Christ has done for him.

Titus 3:5: “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.”

Romans 4:5: “But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.”

11. Salvation is a gift, not a wage.

Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

12. The believer’s hope will not fade away. Will not grow dim.

1 Peter 1:4-5: “To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.”

13. Nothing can separate the believer from Christ.

Romans 8:38-39: “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

14. God cannot lie.

Titus 1:2: “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began.”

15. Jesus is able to save unto the uttermost.

Hebrews 7:25: “Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.”

16. The believer is born of incorruptible seed.

1 Peter 1:23: “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever.” Can the devil corrupt that which God says is incorruptible?

17. The believer is perfected forever.

Hebrews 10:14: “For by one offering he hath perfected forever them that are sanctified.”

18. The believer believes unto the saving of his soul.

Hebrews 10:38-39: “Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.”

19. Because the believer is the object of God’s mercy, not His wrath.

Ephesians 2:4: “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us.”

John 3:36: “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

1 Thessalonians 5:9-10: “For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.”

20. Because a sealed and witnessed transaction is final.

Ephesians 1:13: “In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.” Sealed by the Spirit.

Hebrews 10:15: “Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us.”

21. Because the new covenant in His blood, is an everlasting covenant.

Jeremiah 32:40: “And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.”

22. Because the believer has already been redeemed (Past tense).

2 Peter 1:18-19: “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.”

23. Because salvation is by grace, and not by any mixture of grace and works.

Romans 11:6: “And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.”

24. The believer cannot perish.

John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

25. Because God’s promise that through the offering of Christ He will put away the believer’s sins, and will remember them no more.

Hebrews 10:17: “And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.”

**So there you have it—BIBLICAL PROOF that a true, born-again, saved believer CANNOT “lose” their salvation.  In addition to Biblical proof, EVERY believer that is truly SAVED (trusting ONLY in the work JESUS CHRIST did) WILL KNOW THEY ARE SAVED. The INSTANT you become saved, YOU KNOW IT, there is no longer any doubt, hoping, or “I’m pretty sure”…..YOU KNOW FOR A FACT YOU ARE SAVED, AND THAT ASSURANCE DOES NOT DIMINISH.  If you are saved, you will understand EXACTLY  what I am talking about!  I can personally testify to this & would like to hear others who can testify of this as well.  Thank you kindly.

Heart

Jesus saith unto him, he that hath seen me hath seen the Father. Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me.      ~John 14:9-11

The following 6 users Like Claire Rousseau's post:
  • Lady, Cherubim, Aiylish, Thunderian, Floss, damien50

02-29-2016, 12:27 PM #2
Scimitar
Grand Commander
So would I lololol too funny

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi

02-29-2016, 12:44 PM #3
Claire Rousseau
Justiciar
(02-29-2016, 12:27 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  So would I lololol too funny

Scimi

Rolleyes  I do not see why that is funny.  Assurance of salvation is a wonderful blessing, and I had it before I discovered it is a Biblical doctrine.  Anyone who is truly saved has it as well.

Jesus saith unto him, he that hath seen me hath seen the Father. Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me.      ~John 14:9-11

The following 4 users Like Claire Rousseau's post:
  • Cherubim, Floss, Aiylish, Thunderian

02-29-2016, 12:51 PM #4
Sidhuriel
Chaplain
(02-29-2016, 12:44 PM)Claire Rousseau Wrote:  

Scimi

Rolleyes  I do not see why that is funny.  Assurance of salvation is a wonderful blessing, and I had it before I discovered it is a Biblical doctrine.  Anyone who is truly saved has it as well.

How do you obtain that though?

I thought I was saved - yet I have become a muslim.

So clearly what I experienced was not what you experienced. Please tell me how you get saved?

This is a serious question; not sarcasm by the way.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness
Only light can do that
Hate can't drive out hate
Only love can do that
Heart
The following 3 users Like Sidhuriel's post:
  • Lady, Scimitar, Tarikko

02-29-2016, 12:56 PM #5
Tarikko
Chaplain
Assalam Claire,

Inshallah all is well.

A believer is saved provided that he believes

A believer is someone who upholds the laws and commands of God, submits to Him and do righteous deeds...

Once we go against the above, God would sever us and we would lose our salvation.. And rightfully so

A covenant is between two parties. If one party recants, the contract is made null and void

Salvation depends on both, the grace/mercy of God and works.

We reap what we sow... If I planted onions for a period of time I can't go back and expect to collect grapes

Just my two cents
This post was last modified: 02-29-2016, 01:00 PM by Tarikko.

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 4 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • SpektaCoolAir, The Creeper, Alex, Scimitar

02-29-2016, 01:21 PM #6
Scimitar
Grand Commander
(02-29-2016, 12:44 PM)Claire Rousseau Wrote:  

Scimi

I've heard this many a time before, and even tried to believe it in my brief hiatus away from Islam when I subjected myself to the study of Christianity... what I found was absolutely compelling but for all the wrong reasons.

I was being sold a philosophy that was grounded in nonsense - and philosophy argues sense.

What I discovered was this "monopoly game" where a Christian is given a get out of jail free card (salvation, no judgement) because they believed that God sent his begotten son to earth to die for the sins of humanity.

This version of God seemed flawed, my instincts recognised a mass deception.

I wondered, and even asked the priests what is to become of all the billions of people who died without knowing Jesus or that he was sent?

They had no answer - this told me one thing, this system of belief is flawed, unjust and very selective in a point of time - only.

Yet, when I studied the Abrahamic traditions, I was quickly and effectively able to deduce that the main directive in the Abrahamic traditions is the God is ONE - jealously ONE, not three in one, not two in one - no - but ONE.

God is one, (not three, not two, but ONE)
The Eternal and Ever Living (cannot die)
He does not beget (no sons or daughters)
nor is HE begotten (he is uncreated - always existing)
And there is nothing like unto him (He is so unique that when you anthroporphise God you look like fish in a fish bowl denying there is a man feeding you and calling him God)

God became three in Pauline Doctrine, there was now a holy ghost and a son to factor in, and this made all the real true Semitic Christians try to kill Paul, and the Jews wanted him dead too... however, when they were about to stone him, the ROMANS took him away in their protection.

Seems he was pushing some sort of very anti-Christian agenda... and so, it is very accurate of me when I say "Christianity is the religions of the Anti-Christ".

God bless all people who are sincerely seeking truth and not holding onto their bias stupidly, Ameen.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 3 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • SpektaCoolAir, The Creeper, Tarikko

02-29-2016, 01:23 PM #7
damien50
Chaplain
I don't disagree with the points you have listed, adding Romans road would be a great side note.  This debunks the idea of predestination and solidifies the fact that salvation is a permanent thing.  It can not be lost, but it can never occur.  As essential as this is to Christianity it's often misunderstood and corrupted.

@Sid, hope do you obtain the assurance or the salvation?

The Continuation of the Truth

Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord . [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
The following 1 user Likes damien50's post:
  • Claire Rousseau

02-29-2016, 01:31 PM #8
Scimitar
Grand Commander
You make no sense, where is the logic?

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Scimitar's post:
  • Tarikko

02-29-2016, 01:50 PM #9
damien50
Chaplain
(02-29-2016, 01:31 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  You make no sense, where is the logic?

Scimi

I wasn't actually talking to you or intending to derail the thread by addressing your points.  I was actually responding to the op.

The Continuation of the Truth

Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord . [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
The following 1 user Likes damien50's post:
  • Claire Rousseau

02-29-2016, 01:55 PM #10
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Still makes no sense.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.