#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

Mystery of the Trinity in Creation

02-25-2016, 05:12 AM #1
Fides et Ratio
The New Testament makes it explicitly clear that God exists as a trinity in unity, and that the Christian Godhead consists of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
  1. "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one" (1 John 5:7)
  2. "Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied" (1 Peter 1:2)
  3. "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matthew 28:19)
On these forums, the Holy Trinity is often mischaracterized and misunderstood as one of the below:
However, when we read the Scriptures, we reach the conclusion that the Godhead can be illustrated as:
It's only logical for the Holy Trinity to be reflected throughout Creation if the source/power for the creation of the physical world originated with the Trinitarian Godhead. Christ Himself said in Matthew 6:10 that "Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven". So, I thought I'd explore some natural phenomena demonstrating "three is one".

In chemistry, we can observe several examples of triune unity.

Atoms are the smallest constituent unit of matter. Every atom is composed of a nucleus with one or more protons and usually a similar number of neutrons, with one or more electrons bound to the nucleus. Collectively, these three subatomic particles form and operate as a single atom. Below is an illustration of an isotope of hydrogen known as deuterium.
Together, one proton, neutron and electron form a single stable hydrogen isotope. This can be described as a rough reflection of the Trinity.

Looking at protons and neutrons themselves, we can observe that they also consist of three elements acting in unity. They are composed of three "quarks" (elementary particles which are a fundamental constituent of matter), and the gluons that mediate the forces binding them together. Below is illustrated the quark structure of a proton:
Moving on to the three traditional states of matter, we observe a similar triune phenomenon when looking at H2O. "H2O" can exist in three different forms: a solid (known as ice), a liquid (known as water) and a gas (known as water vapor). These are three distinct states of H2O, and yet all three have the same chemical structure. No one would try to claim they are three separate "substances". They are simply three different "expressions" of the same chemical structure. Below is a diagram illustrating the three states of H2O:
Looking into biochemistry, and in particular at our genetic code, is also quite interesting. 
Quote:The genetic code is the set of rules by which information encoded within genetic material (DNA or mRNA sequences) is translated into proteins by living cells.
Below is a diagram illustrating a series of codons forming part of an mRNA molecule. A codon is a series of three nucleotides which together form a single unit of genetic code in a DNA or RNA molecule. Here, we can again observe three acting as one.
The ability of the human eye to distinguish colours is based upon the varying sensitivity of different cells in the retina to light of different wavelengths. Humans are trichromatic, meaning the retina contains three types of colour receptor cells. These three colours are blue (short-wavelength), green (medium-wavelength), and red (long-wavelength). Below is a close up photograph of a television illustrating the use of these three colours/wavelengths to have a unified, singular image sent to the human brain.
Below is an illustration of the three colours discussed in trichromatic theory:
We literally "see" through triune unity.

The number of dimensions humans can perceive is three. Humans perceive the universe to have three spatial dimensions, and these three dimensions together form a singular reality.

The triangle, a single polygon with three edges and three vertices, is the most stable physical shape. For this reason, it is widely utilized in construction, engineering and design.
That's not to mention the symbolism of "three" throughout the New Testament:
  • The ministry of Jesus lasted three years
  • During the Agony in the Garden, Christ asked three times for the chalice to be taken from His lips.
  • Jesus rose from the dead on the third day after His death.
  • The devil tempted Jesus three times.
  • Peter denied Jesus three times, and affirmed his faith in Jesus three times.
  • The Magi gave Jesus three gifts.
  • Etc. etc.
AR made a post a few days ago saying "three is one and one is three" or something to that effect, and it got me thinking back to my chemistry and physics days. I hope some of you find this interesting, it certainly was for me.
This post was last modified: 02-25-2016, 02:40 PM by Fides et Ratio.

"Then spake Jesus unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life" (John 8:12)
The following 5 users Like Fides et Ratio's post:
  • seekinheart, damien50, Artful Revealer, Vytas, Goku

02-25-2016, 05:25 AM #2

This video was left by bro Scimi a while ago.. for me, it is spot on

3 minute video, trinity in a nutshell
This post was last modified: 02-25-2016, 05:27 AM by Tarikko.

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

02-25-2016, 07:56 AM #3
Artful Revealer
Some thoughts on Holy Trinity from physicist's perspective

As a religious physicist, I have occasionally fielded questions from various people pertaining to my Faith and how I reconcile it with my understanding of physics. One point that is often brought up is the apparently "illogical" nature of the Holy Trinity, which is of utmost importance to Orthodox Christians: The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. "How can three be one and yet be distinct at the same time?" I am often asked, and I never really had a good answer for that question.

Recently, however, I had an epiphany as I was thinking about the Holy Trinity from a physics perspective, which may aid in better appreciating Its' amazing significance. But to do so, I was forced to "think outside of the box (universe)" so to speak.

To begin with, we first must recognize that we live in four-dimensional spacetime (x,y,z,t). Within the confines of our universe, energy and matter (a form of potential energy) interact and move about, converting from one form to another over the past 13.5 billion years or so. Within the paradigm of physical laws, we also have the concept of wave-particle duality wherein every physical object (proton, photon, electron, neutrino, etc) can be viewed either as a particle or as a wave, quantum mechanically. Both views are just as valid despite the apparent paradox of something being a wave and particle at the same time. From this, the uncertainty principle derives which some have argued enables "free will." As I have suggested before [1-2], our universe is likely a four-dimensional "bubble" that is expanding into infinitely dimensional (or at least higher dimensional) "space." With these perspectives, we can consider the following possibility:

God, the Father encompasses all that is outside of our universe (including other parallel universes and universes of different dimensions should they exist) as the Creator of these universes and as an infinitely-dimensional entity. This is similar to a painter such as Michelangelo existing outside of his painting or the designer/engineer of a car living outside of the car. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, represents God's representation within four-dimensional spacetime, i.e., our universe, as a human being (made up of particles - matter) who suffered as a human being and then was resurrected. The Holy Spirit represents God's representation within our universe as an all-encompassing/ubiquitous wave (pure energy) which is immune/invisible to the material world - i.e. the matter-based world - but which permeates it with ease. Time stops for waves that travel at the speed of light. As long as the universe exists, the Holy Spirit will continue to roam and spiritually warm our universe. God may no longer be with us in the flesh (at least for now) but is with us in spirit (if we want Him to be).

When we pray, the Holy Spirit "hears" us. When we love God, the Holy Spirit "resonates" with us and perhaps even inspires us. In other words, we interact with the Holy Spirit.

When we attend Church and take Holy Communion, we interact/couple with the body and blood of Christ (physical particles) in accepting Jesus Christ as our Savior and look to follow Him as our Shepherd. Jesus is much easier for us to comprehend (and follow) than an infinitely dimensional and complex Creator (God the Father).

Together, all three of these entities represent God as a whole. Though we will not meet God the Father until after death, we are enlightened via the Son of God and the Holy Spirit, which existed and exist (respectively) in four-dimensional spacetime. Jesus, as the perfect human being, set the example for us to follow. Though God is likely infinitely complex (and therefore will always be incomprehensible to us), this may give us yet some more insight into the Creator of our world and possibly infinitely many more worlds.

I certainly am not pretending to "explain" God in this piece as I present an incomplete theory of sorts. Nevertheless, the more we learn about our physical universe and how it was put together, the closer we can come, I believe, to God.

The writer is an associate professor of physics at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. The opinions expressed in this article are solely his own.

by Michael Pravica

Faith receives, love gives. No one will be able to receive without faith. No one will be able to give without love. Because of this, in order that we may indeed receive, we believe, and in order that we may love, we give, since if one gives without love, he has no profit from what he has given. He who has received something other than the Lord is still a Hebrew. - Gospel of Philip
The following 3 users Like Artful Revealer's post:
  • damien50, Fides et Ratio, Stride

02-25-2016, 08:01 AM #4
Nice explanation.
The following 1 user Likes Stride's post:
  • Fides et Ratio

02-25-2016, 01:31 PM #5
brilliant post.
The following 1 user Likes seekinheart's post:
  • Fides et Ratio

02-25-2016, 01:55 PM #6
Fides, this post is pure blasphemy.  You have a lot to own up to with God!

Lol I'm kidding, good, great, excellent post though.  It's a shame it will still be dismissed as fallacy, oh well.

The Continuation of the Truth

Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord . [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
The following 1 user Likes damien50's post:
  • Fides et Ratio