#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The Future

02-22-2016, 02:34 PM #1
Kung Fu
Chaplain
I've always been interested in past advance civilizations and how the future will often turn out. Looking at many religious texts it clearly points out that the past contained many advance civilizations that probably could have been on par with us. For example in some Hindu religious scriptures it points to flying "somethings" that were capable of "lightning" like destruction. Then we have the story of Noah/Nuh(pbuh), and how he, with the help of God, was able to build such a vessel that could hold so much and withstand a flood of that magnitude. Then we have the people of Aad who also had pretty advance civilizations, exactly how advanced, only God knows. They all came and then they were gone, by God's decree of course, and then people started all over again.

I believe that, we too, will continue to advance but will eventually revert back to a time of swords and shields.

I would love to hear the thoughts of others on this.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 4 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • peacebeuponall, Scimitar, Tarikko, yiksmes

02-22-2016, 03:50 PM #2
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Those "flying somethings" are called "Vimana"... first time I heard this word was when my grandmother decribed seeing an ariplane for the first time as a child. She called it a Vimaan - that's singular, Vimaana in the plural.

I've also been interested in all this since I first got my hands on a book titled Fingerprint of the Gods by the then, controversial but now, more or less accepted renegade archaeologist, Grahame Hancock.

Some of the things I read in my first sitting really struck chords with what I was learning about certain characters from the Biblical stories we learn from our Abrahamic traiditions.

Others seem out of place and yet, allude to connect with the realities later in our understanding - then the WOW moments.

I spent almost 8yrs on the Dhul Qarnayn research and it's become a life project - realised that last year lol, but those WOW moments seem to increase in frequency once we find a method to follow on from.

I think it's all rather vague me saying all this, but honestly speaking I find that to really approach something with a balanced mind means you have to prepare to be the skeptic and the sympathetic at the same time... tough thing to balance.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 2 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Kung Fu, Tarikko

02-22-2016, 04:14 PM #3
FlixKandish
Chaplain
The texts the vimana stories come from were written in the 1900s. There's no possible way these machines as described could fly.
http://m.deccanherald.com/articles.php?n...g-ago.html

Anyways, the ancients were not some technologically advanced peoples. Our imaginations like to romanticize the past, but the truths are far more interesting.
The following 1 user Likes FlixKandish's post:
  • Hermes

02-22-2016, 04:20 PM #4
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(02-22-2016, 03:50 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  Those "flying somethings" are called "Vimana"... first time I heard this word was when my grandmother decribed seeing an ariplane for the first time as a child. She called it a Vimaan - that's singular, Vimaana in the plural.

I've also been interested in all this since I first got my hands on a book titled Fingerprint of the Gods by the then, controversial but now, more or less accepted renegade archaeologist, Grahame Hancock.

Some of the things I read in my first sitting really struck chords with what I was learning about certain characters from the Biblical stories we learn from our Abrahamic traiditions.

Others seem out of place and yet, allude to connect with the realities later in our understanding - then the WOW moments.

I spent almost 8yrs on the Dhul Qarnayn research and it's become a life project - realised that last year lol, but those WOW moments seem to increase in frequency once we find a method to follow on from.

I think it's all rather vague me saying all this, but honestly speaking I find that to really approach something with a balanced mind means you have to prepare to be the skeptic and the sympathetic at the same time... tough thing to balance.

Scimi

It simply is amazing that you have thousand year old texts talking about things that were able to fly. Imagine what else has been buried beneath the sands and ashes? The story of the people of Aad is another fascinating one. We humans of today like to think we're so much smarter than the people of the past but yet the people of the past, most likely were even more advanced than the people of today.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 3 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • celle76, Scimitar, Tarikko

02-22-2016, 08:36 PM #5
Hermes
Marshall
(02-22-2016, 04:14 PM)FlixKandish Wrote:  The texts the vimana stories come from were written in the 1900s. There's no possible way these machines as described could fly.
http://m.deccanherald.com/articles.php?n...g-ago.html

Anyways, the ancients were not some technologically advanced peoples. Our imaginations like to romanticize the past, but the truths are far more interesting.

The truth is definitely far more interesting. The problem is when you look at modern science it has advanced so significantly. Often finding comparisons in our advances with past findings seems to outsiders as an indication that these past people were so advanced. Needless to say this is not in any way meant to discount the efforts of the past. I think philosophically we've gone backwards, although science may have progressed.
The following 2 users Like Hermes's post:
  • Tarikko, Scimitar

02-22-2016, 08:52 PM #6
Scimitar
Grand Commander
That's something I can agree with.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.