#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Bible Verses of Praise

02-19-2016, 10:35 AM #1
Lady
Chaplain
In the spirit of Spek who started the Favorite Bible Verses thread, I would like to try a Bible Verses of Praise thread. 

NOTE: If you are thinking of  posting with any intention other than to give God praise-please DON'T!

Psalm 117: 1,2
"O PRAISE the Lord, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people. For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the Lord endureth for ever. Praise ye the Lord."

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.  Jeremiah 31:3
The following 7 users Like Lady's post:
  • AndrianaStark, miss_terry, slave_of_God, Thunderian, That1kid, MissMiami, Serveto

02-19-2016, 10:42 AM #2
Serveto
Justiciar
"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24)
The following 3 users Like Serveto's post:
  • slave_of_God, MissMiami, Lady

02-19-2016, 10:53 AM #3
Lisa
Chaplain
 Ezra 3:11
They sang, praising and giving thanks to the Lord saying "For He is good, for His lovingkindness is upon Israel forever." And all the people shouted with a great shout when they praised the Lord because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid. 

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
The following 3 users Like Lisa's post:
  • slave_of_God, MissCherokee, MissMiami

02-19-2016, 11:09 AM #4
Lady
Chaplain
Habakkuk 3:18-19:

"Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength..."

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.  Jeremiah 31:3
The following 3 users Like Lady's post:
  • slave_of_God, MissCherokee, MissMiami

02-19-2016, 11:18 AM #5
Lady
Chaplain
Psalm 40:3
"And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord."

Full of praise today! God is good!

The following 2 users Like Lady's post:
  • slave_of_God, MissMiami

02-19-2016, 12:16 PM #6
MissMiami
Marshall
John 4:24

“God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.” 

King James Version (KJV)
The following 2 users Like MissMiami's post:
  • slave_of_God, Lady

02-19-2016, 12:33 PM #7
Yahda
Chaplain
Isaiah 25:1 O Lord, you are my God. I exalt you, I praise your name, For you have done wonderful things, Things purposed from ancient times. In faithfulness, in trustworthiness.

~Yahda
The following 2 users Like Yahda's post:
  • slave_of_God, MissMiami

02-19-2016, 01:27 PM #8
damien50
Chaplain
Psalm 36:7 KJV
How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.

The Continuation of the Truth

Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord . [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
The following 1 user Likes damien50's post:
  • slave_of_God

02-19-2016, 06:10 PM #9
Lady
Chaplain
Hebrews 13:15 - By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of [our] lips giving thanks to his name.

The following 1 user Likes Lady's post:
  • slave_of_God

02-20-2016, 11:20 AM #10
Lady
Chaplain
Isaiah 25:1

O Lord, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. 

Heart

The following 1 user Likes Lady's post:
  • slave_of_God