#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Dajjal

02-18-2016, 06:27 AM #1
Fides et Ratio
Marshall
Hi everyone,

I'm vaguely familiar with the Dajjal figure in Islam. When I was looking into Islam, I wasn't too interested in End Times eschatology though. I also don't remember reading of it in the Quran, and if I did, I must have skimmed over it or forgotten. Members of these forums often speak of him like this: "the ---> ONE EYED <--- (!!!) Dajjal", obviously to associate him/it with all the "Illuminati" stuff.

So where did this Dajjal come from (the notion/idea)? What does the Dajjal do/what's his purpose? Is this one eye thing really important to him and whatever he does? And is the one eye thing metaphorical in some way or does he actually only have one eye? 

Anyway, just looking for a little information regarding this, and I thought you guys would be best to ask because you'd have sources/verses to explain it. I briefly skimmed Wikipedia and it calls him an evil figure and anti-messiah.

Anyway, thank you.
This post was last modified: 02-18-2016, 08:19 AM by Fides et Ratio.

"Then spake Jesus unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life" (John 8:12)
The following 2 users Like Fides et Ratio's post:
  • Scimitar, Tarikko

02-18-2016, 06:38 AM #2
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(02-18-2016, 06:27 AM)Fides et Ratio Wrote:  Hi everyone,

I'm vaguely familiar with the Dajjal figure in Islam. When I was looking into Islam, I wasn't too interesting in End Times eschatology though. I also don't remember reading of it in the Quran, and if I did, I must have skimmed over it or forgotten. Members of these forums often speak of him like this: "the ---> ONE EYED <--- (!!!) Dajjal", obviously to associate him/it with all the "Illuminati" stuff.

So where did this Dajjal come from (the notion/idea)? What does the Dajjal do/what's his purpose? Is this one eye thing really important to him and whatever he does? And is the one eye thing metaphorical in some way or does he actually only have one eye? 

Anyway, just looking for a little information regarding this, and I thought you guys would be best to ask because you'd have sources/verses to explain it. I briefly skimmed Wikipedia and it calls him an evil figure and anti-messiah.

Anyway, thank you.

The Dajjal means 'antichrist' in Islam. They believe in this as Christians do.
The antichrist is mentioned as one-eyed in the Bible too. Also referred to as a group of people having 'one vision' for the antichrist.
This post was last modified: 02-18-2016, 06:40 AM by sophiaponders.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 3 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • Scimitar, Fides et Ratio, Tarikko

02-18-2016, 06:49 AM #3
Goku
Chaplain
My understanding is that the Dajjal, is the "one eyed deceiver" who will appear claiming to be the Messiah, prior to the true Messiah's arrival, and is one of the important signs that Judgement Day is around the corner.

It is the counter-part to the Messiah in both Islam and Christianity.

The one-eyed part could be literal or metaphoric, as Sophia pointed out.

I'm sure the Muslims here can elaborate.
This post was last modified: 02-18-2016, 06:51 AM by Goku.

"If people don't want you to question something, that probably means you should question it." - Michel Templet

The following 4 users Like Goku's post:
  • Scimitar, Fides et Ratio, Tarikko, sophiaponders

02-18-2016, 07:53 AM #4
Tarikko
Chaplain
Check out this thread Fides

http://vigilantcitizen.com/forums/Thread...the-Dajjal

Salam
This post was last modified: 02-18-2016, 08:43 AM by Tarikko.

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 6 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • Serendipity, celle76, Serveto, Goku, Scimitar, Fides et Ratio

02-18-2016, 08:32 AM #5
Fides et Ratio
Marshall
Thank you everyone for your replies Smile
(02-18-2016, 06:38 AM)sophiaponders Wrote:  The antichrist is mentioned as one-eyed in the Bible too. Also referred to as a group of people having 'one vision' for the antichrist.
Really? That's quite interesting actually. I don't remember coming across this, do you have a verse?

(02-18-2016, 06:49 AM)Goku Wrote:  My understanding is that the Dajjal, is the "one eyed deceiver" who will appear claiming to be the Messiah, prior to the true Messiah's arrival, and is one of the important signs that Judgement Day is around the corner.

Thank you for the overview. That's kind of how I saw him in regards to deception etc., so I wanted to explore in more detail.

(02-18-2016, 07:53 AM)Tarikko Wrote:  Check out this thread Fides

vigilantcitizen.com/forums/Thread-It-is-ALL-about-the-Dajjal

Salam
Ah I probably should've done a search. Thank you for the link!

"Then spake Jesus unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life" (John 8:12)
The following 3 users Like Fides et Ratio's post:
  • Scimitar, Goku, Tarikko

02-18-2016, 11:13 AM #6
colson
Squire
(02-18-2016, 08:32 AM)Fides et Ratio Wrote:  Thank you everyone for your replies Smile
(02-18-2016, 06:38 AM)sophiaponders Wrote:  The antichrist is mentioned as one-eyed in the Bible too. Also referred to as a group of people having 'one vision' for the antichrist.
Really? That's quite interesting actually. I don't remember coming across this, do you have a verse?

(02-18-2016, 06:49 AM)Goku Wrote:  My understanding is that the Dajjal, is the "one eyed deceiver" who will appear claiming to be the Messiah, prior to the true Messiah's arrival, and is one of the important signs that Judgement Day is around the corner.

Thank you for the overview. That's kind of how I saw him in regards to deception etc., so I wanted to explore in more detail.

(02-18-2016, 07:53 AM)Tarikko Wrote:  Check out this thread Fides

vigilantcitizen.com/forums/Thread-It-is-ALL-about-the-Dajjal

Salam
Ah I probably should've done a search. Thank you for the link!

The one eyed symbolism comes from a few verses such as:
Rev 13
Quote:And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

Also, the worthless shepherd from Zech 11:17
Quote:Woe to the idol shepherd that leaves the flock! the sword shall be on his arm, and on his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened.
http://biblehub.com/commentaries/zechariah/11-17.htm

Examples in pop culture:
"the governor" from Walking Dead (and Carl Grimes also)

Nick Fury from the Avengers movies

Cyclops from X-men

Terminator
Terminator fits the dajjal better since the eye is "bulging out like a grape"

It's really very common.
The following 4 users Like colson's post:
  • celle76, Serveto, Tarikko, Scimitar

02-18-2016, 11:59 AM #7
Scimitar
Grand Commander

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 3 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Serveto, Tarikko, Sidhuriel

02-18-2016, 10:48 PM #8
Fides et Ratio
Marshall
(02-18-2016, 11:59 AM)Scimitar Wrote:  

Interesting clip. I've often wondered why the Eye of Horus is paraded around so much. Do they think it has magical powers? Or is it some sort of statement? Or just a coincidence? I see it quite frequently nowadays and in many different ways. Just looking up "eye of horus celebrities" bought up this:
That's one of the reasons I asked about Dajjal. Anyway, who knows.

The following 1 user Likes Fides et Ratio's post:
  • Serveto

02-18-2016, 11:11 PM #9
dzubmarinara
Marshall
IIRC there will be some lesser dajjals (forgot exactly how many) before the big guy

Allah knows best
The following 2 users Like dzubmarinara's post:
  • xoa., Tarikko

02-18-2016, 11:19 PM #10
Tarikko
Chaplain
(02-18-2016, 11:11 PM)dzubmarinara Wrote:  IIRC there will be some lesser dajjals (forgot exactly how many) before the big guy

Allah knows best

Correct bro

However the Massih Al Dajjal is the most dangerous of all.

That is why Isa PBUH will descend a second time as his mission was cut short and He has some unfinished business

The Passion of Christ was replete with Dajjal symbolism:

Why is Christ one eyed?

Why does he appear naked at the end of the movie?

The masses have been subliminally and overtly programmed across centuries to accept the False Messiah

Mel Gibson is one filthy NWO pawn..

"Icon Productions"

This post was last modified: 02-18-2016, 11:20 PM by Tarikko.

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 2 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • Serveto, khadeejah