#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Ghost- Singer that means business

02-16-2016, 07:16 AM #1
Vixy
Marshall
So, I just saw the band "Ghost" receiving awards on the grammies and at first thought it was just another band with young guys trying to be cool in it but then I looked them up and good god, they mean business.

One of their lyrics;

Tonight we're summoned for a divine cause
Remembrance - No
But for their future loss
This chapel of ritual
Smells of dead human sacrifices
From the altar...
Beduins and nomads
Carried through the times
Through pestilences and famines
These ancient scrolls of rhymes
"Our fallen angel vexed
Was banished from the sky
Recite now from the text
Pray for ALL to die"
This chapel of ritual
From the altar bed
On this night of ritual
Invoking our master
To procreate the unholy bastard

"Our father
Who art in hell
Unhallowed be thy name

Cursed be the sons and daughters
Of thine Nemesis
Whom are to blame
Thy kingdom come
nemA"
Tonight we summoned for His unholy fiend
Now celebrate
The End
This chapel of ritual
From the altar bed
On this night of ritual
Invoking our master

I'd have thought it was just another band into "satanism" - not really knowing anything about it but wo, this guy's old and obviously knows a thing or two about worshipping the fallen angel himself. 

This post was last modified: 02-16-2016, 10:11 AM by Vixy.
The following 2 users Like Vixy's post:
  • JayGirl, Thy Unveiling

02-16-2016, 08:33 AM #2
Freetoday
Justiciar
Good catch. They're not hiding anymore.

"If we knew our power, we wouldn't get arrogant when we got two pennies
If we knew our power, we would see what everybody sees, that we're rich already!"
(Akala)
The following 2 users Like Freetoday's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Vixy

02-16-2016, 09:18 AM #3
Cookie_Monster
Knight
as found on Wiki: 
Quote:"one Ghoul said, "the first album is about the forthcoming arrival of the Devil, spoken very much in biblical terms, much like the church will say that doomsday is near. [Infestissumam] is about the presence of the Devil and the presence of the Antichrist." However, the band has said several times their image is all tongue-in-cheek, citing that "We have no militant agenda. We are an entertainment group." Infestissumam also deals with "how people relate to a deity or God, themes like submission and superstition, the horrors of being religious. Additionally, a Nameless Ghoul said the second album is about "how mankind—predominantly men—what they have deemed to be the presence of the Devil, throughout history and even nowadays. And that’s why the record is so fueled with sexual themes and females ... the Inquisition was basically men accusing women of being the Devil just because they had a hard-on for them."
I wonder about that Grammy nomination though. They are not that mainstream enough for that matter.  What do you know about Slipknot's reaction to their winning, did you come across with it, guys?
This post was last modified: 02-16-2016, 09:20 AM by Cookie_Monster.
The following 1 user Likes Cookie_Monster's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

02-16-2016, 10:08 AM #4
Vixy
Marshall
About the statement via Wiki;

That is such bullshit! What band goes out with religious human sacrifice, rituals, upside down crosses and only sings about Lucifer and claims they lack an agenda? Bitch PLZ! Angry 

They're clearly on the elites path and paied to do it, to. Bitches don't fool me. Mmmm-mh! (Yes, I'm trying on black ghettoslang. Big Grin  )
The following 2 users Like Vixy's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Cookie_Monster

02-16-2016, 10:18 AM #5
Cookie_Monster
Knight
(02-16-2016, 10:08 AM)Vixy Wrote:  About the statement via Wiki;

That is such bullshit! What band goes out with religious human sacrifice, rituals, upside down crosses and only sings about Lucifer and claims they lack an agenda? Bitch PLZ! Angry 

They're clearly on the elites path and paied to do it, to. Bitches don't fool me. Mmmm-mh! (Yes, I'm trying on black ghettoslang. Big Grin  )
I agree, providing "entertainment" by endlessly uttering the names of fallen angels/ foul spirits.... I don't think so :-(
  • Thy Unveiling

02-16-2016, 10:25 AM #6
Vixy
Marshall
Swedish wikipedia: https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_%28musikgrupp%29

"Gruppen påstår sig vara utsänd av djävulen för att genom kommersiellt gångbar rockmusik samla själar åt denne."

[/url]
Translated; "The group claims to be sent from the devil to through commercial rockmusic collect souls for him."

Well, thats says it all then.

[url=https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_%28musikgrupp%29#cite_note-5]Uh-Oh;
Debuten Opus Eponymous nominerades[7] till en Grammis 2011 i kategorin Årets hårdrock.
                                                   =
The debute Opus Eponymous was nominated for a grammy 2011 in the category heavy metal of the year.

Yeah, seems they already had their ties to the occult elite back then, 5 years ago. One doesnt think this in a small swedish town but oh yeah, it's friggin everywhere! It's the endtimes folks, and the devil is at his most agressive state ever. Beware and keep yer souls intact. Heart
The following 1 user Likes Vixy's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

02-17-2016, 03:41 PM #7
Без перевода
Peasant
(02-16-2016, 07:16 AM)Vixy Wrote:  So, I just saw the band "Ghost" receiving awards on the grammies and at first thought it was just another band with young guys trying to be cool in it but then I looked them up and good god, they mean business.

One of their lyrics;

Remembrance - No
This chapel of ritual
From the altar...
Beduins and nomads
"Our fallen angel vexed
Recite now from the text
Pray for ALL to die"
This chapel of ritual
From the altar bed
On this night of ritual
Invoking our master

"Our father
Who art in hell
Unhallowed be thy name

Of thine Nemesis
Whom are to blame
Thy kingdom come
nemA"
Now celebrate
The End
This chapel of ritual
From the altar bed
On this night of ritual
Invoking our master

I'd have thought it was just another band into "satanism" - not really knowing anything about it but wo, this guy's old and obviously knows a thing or two about worshipping the fallen angel himself. 

he's not an old man.  the singer wears  masks from  skulls to a old man.
The following 1 user Likes Без перевода's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

02-18-2016, 08:20 AM #8
Vixy
Marshall
(02-17-2016, 03:41 PM)Без перевода Wrote:  
(02-16-2016, 07:16 AM)Vixy Wrote:  So, I just saw the band "Ghost" receiving awards on the grammies and at first thought it was just another band with young guys trying to be cool in it but then I looked them up and good god, they mean business.

One of their lyrics;

Remembrance - No
This chapel of ritual
From the altar...
Beduins and nomads
"Our fallen angel vexed
Recite now from the text
Pray for ALL to die"
This chapel of ritual
From the altar bed
On this night of ritual
Invoking our master

"Our father
Who art in hell
Unhallowed be thy name

Of thine Nemesis
Whom are to blame
Thy kingdom come
nemA"
Now celebrate
The End
This chapel of ritual
From the altar bed
On this night of ritual
Invoking our master

he's not an old man.  the singer wears  masks from  skulls to a old man.

You know, that would totally explain why he looks so weird. You can see under the nose that it doesnt really look natural. And he's in too good a shape physically for being that old. Something didnt rhyme. So it's this guy then?:
(The guy to the left) It would also explain his young, clear voice.
This post was last modified: 02-18-2016, 08:21 AM by Vixy.
The following 1 user Likes Vixy's post:
  • Cookie_Monster

02-18-2016, 09:52 AM #9
Cookie_Monster
Knight
(02-18-2016, 08:20 AM)Vixy Wrote:  You know, that would totally explain why he looks so weird. You can see under the nose that it doesnt really look natural. And he's in too good a shape physically for being that old. Something didnt rhyme. So it's this guy then?:
(The guy to the left) It would also explain his young, clear voice.

Where from did you get the photo, Vixy? They surely are very protective about their identities. There are rumours that Dave Grohl performed with them on one (or more) occasion, abiding by the same dress code.
This post was last modified: 02-18-2016, 09:53 AM by Cookie_Monster.
  • Thy Unveiling

02-18-2016, 06:49 PM #10
Corvus Metus
Marshall
Eh,  rumors of Ghost's vocalist being Tobias Forge, of half dozen other bands, really isn't anything new.  It's something that was in the rumor mill since the band first started making waves.  

I'm also a bit confused why people take them seriously. They might have a Satanic image that comes right out of a Hammer Horror film, but in general, their lyrics comes off about as serious as the typical Venom song.  There's bands with lyrics a lot more dark, even in the same genre of "occult rock", such as Jess and the Ancient Ones or The Devil's Blood.    And that doesn't even touch into black metal.

Don't get me wrong, I don't even like them.  At the same time, I have a hard time believing they have any more conviction than any pop punk band that suddenly made a political record post-9/11, when they previously didn't even have any lyrics even critical of society before that.  It's marketing bullshit, IMO.

There are bands that are dead serious about their Satanism.  I just don't think Ghost is one of them.

I've come to see in the Land of the Free,  there's only a future for the chosen few.
Billy Bragg - To Have And To Have Not
The following 3 users Like Corvus Metus's post:
  • FlixKandish, TekTek, Cookie_Monster