#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The Depravity of Man, the Holiness of God, and The Gospel of Jesus Christ

02-16-2016, 02:56 AM #1
That1kid
Marshall
In this thread we're going to discuss the Radical Depravity of Mankind, the Holiness of God, and  The Gospel of Jesus Christ. As well as how God can be both Just and the Justifier. I will also answer a few questions from my previous thread. Discussing these topics will help answer all those questions. Now before we begin, there will be some hard things said here and it may cause you to be angry at me. Some of the things that I will say may confuse you for a brief moment but I encourage you to read on so you can know exactly what I mean.  You may think I'm assuming some things about you but I will show you that it's true and I can prove it. Now let's continue.

To start things off I want to share with you the most terrifying truth in all the Bible. I'm going to share with you something that is absolutely terrifying to the thinking man. Are you ready? Brace yourselves. The most terrifying truth in all the scripture is...

GOD IS GOOD

Now you may ask me, "What's the problem with that?"

It's because, YOU"RE NOT GOOD, now what does a GOOD GOD do with people like you? Full of iniquity, full of self love, full of murder, full of hatred. ALL those who will break every good moral law, apart from the restraining grace of God, if GOD IS GOOD, what does He do with you?! Now think about that.

To be blunt about the nature of Mankind, I'm just going to say it and it's this...

We are EVIL.Mankind is EVIL.

Think about what's being said here, GOD IS GOOD. He is the Lord of Glory. He is the King of Righteousness.Every one of His decrees and judgements are perfect. He in His pristine Holiness and righteousness can not tolerate a single moral failure. Because we can see, can't we? What a single moral failure can do to an entire universe? How many times did it take for Adam and Eve to sin, to cause them to be thrown out of the Garden and out of the presence of God? Once. My friends, all the evil in the world isn't a product of society, it doesn't somehow jump over the head of an individual. The blame does land upon the world by itself. I hear many people use this sort of saying.

"No, children are born in such a way, Man is basically good but society corrupts them."

You don't understand, society is not alien, IT"S A PRODUCT OF OUR OWN HEARTS.  So there's two problems whenever you deal with the idea of Heaven and Reconciliation with God, and the two problems are if God is Good, can he simply look over all the iniquity of our hearts, of our thoughts,  of our words, of our actions? And like a foolish old grandfather sweep them under the rug and invite us in? Is it not true that Heaven will quickly turn into Hell? For what is going to restrain our Evil? I mean we did this with this world, what would we do with the next one? And if we are raised into a heightened existence so that we no longer suffer from the pains of death, and we live forever, EXPONENTIALLY OUR EVIL WOULD GROW. Everyone wants to get into Heaven but some things are seriously going to have to change first. You see these problems? Our greatest problem in the world is that GOD IS GOOD.

Let's continue. Criminals, drug cartels, mafias, corrupt corporations, do they fear evil judges? Of course not, they can buy off evil judges. As a matter of fact, they go do dinner with evil judges. Evil judges are just like they are. They like evil judges. But all such immoral people and immoral organizations, they fear good men. They fear righteous authority and rightly so because the right authority will stand against them.

I used this example before but I will use this again. Let's say you were away from home and you were  coming back home to find your entire family has been slaughtered by an assassin but you see the assassin choking the life out of your last remaining family member and you rushed towards the assassin and saved your family member. Somehow your anger is stilled and controlled, you do not take vengeance and you call the police to let justice take over. You live in a small town and everyone in the city knows about it. Finally, the time of the court and the time of the trail has reached it's final verdict. The assassin that was caught blood handed, doing the deed  is now standing before a judge. The judge looks down at the assassin and says, "I am a gracious judge, abounding in loving kindness, and slow to anger, who forgives iniquities, transgressions, and sins. Therefore, I pronounce you, not guilty. You are free to go." Would you say justice has been done? Would the people of the town applaud this judge's compassion for the assassin? Isn't one of our greatest complaints about our American justice system, is that the judges are corrupt? They don't do the righteousness they are commanded to do. Wouldn't it be so if there was a judge like that, we would be writing the congress, the president, the media, all the newspapers, and telling them that we have a judge that is just as evil and corrupt as the criminals he sets free? We would be crying out, "Is it not the job of a judge to do justice?!"  You see how hypocritical we are? If it's the job of a judge in a minor province to do justice, is it not the responsibility of the judge of the universe, to also carry out justice? The problem is my friend, if God carries out justice on you or me, there is no hope.

Now you may say, "Hold on, I'm not that bad". In your eyes, that's possibly true. In the eyes of a society that no longer understands even the most basic politic of moral law, that may be true. But in the eyes of a HOLY GOD, THAT IS NOT TRUE!

If I could take out every thought that you thought, from the moment you realized you were conscious of being alive. I could take every deed you have ever done in secret and somehow, I could take them all together and place them inside a video. Presented them to everyone in an auditorium setting, and for example, showed them to your entire class in high school or university. Or instead among your family and friends, either way, if they all saw it, you would run away from your city and never return. Because you have thought and done things so vile, that you could not share them with your closest friend.As a matter of fact, if your best friend knew the things you had thought against him or her, they would no longer be your friend. Now you know that we are all just like each other. You know if that kind of malady exist in all your hearts, it also exists in mine and everyone else's. Yet you're ashamed that you would be exposed among your fellow Man upon the Earth, who are like sinners like us. Now imagine when your life is exposed and you standing before a perfectly righteous.God.Will you stand on that day? I tell you, you will absolutely not.

Now finally let's get to some scripture. Speaking of Jesus it says in Romans.

Quote:Romans 3:25-26

whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

This is one of the most important passages in all the Bible. Inside these passages, it gives reason for the cross. Now look back at the passage and see where is says, "He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus." Here's the key, to understanding the Gospel. You miss this, you can't understand the Gospel. Here's the problem though, if God is just, he can not forgive you.That's the problem. Anymore than that judge, can set that assassin free who murdered your entire home.

A passage in Proverbs gives great illustration to this. Particularly any authority in Israel, any judge, anyone who justifies the wicked is an abomination to God.

Quote:Proverbs 17:15

He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to the LORD.

Now if you're a Christian, what's the one thing we sing and talk about the most? That even though we were sinners, God justified us.Our Christian faith and Christians boast in the fact that though we were sinners, God justified us. He declared us to be right with Him.But the Bible says that any authority that justifies wicked men is an abomination to God. So how can God justify wicked men without becoming an abomination? How can God be just and pardon the wicked? See the problem? Don't worry, we're going to answer this. So let's settle this right now, here's the great problem. GOD IS GOOD. GOD IS RIGHTEOUS. God is the judge of all the Earth and He will do right. You have broken every single law that God has given you. From birth, we all went astray. Radically depraved, morally corrupt, EVIL.

Do you have to teach a child to lie? No. No one has ever had to teach a child to lie. Do you have to teach a child to be self centered or selfish? No. From where do all wars spring up? The heart of a child.That grows into an adult, unless that adult is restrained, by the Grace of All Mighty God, he will make Hitler look like a choir boy. You take a child, put him in a room, I challenge you. Give him all the toys his heart could desire. Let him play with them until you can determine the toys he really loves and the one's he wants absolutely nothing to do with. Mark those toys, the ones that he does not want to play with. You put that toy in his hand, he doesn't want it. So let's bring in another child into the same room. Then hand that toy to this other child that just got into the room and give the toys the first child wanted nothing to do with. What's going to happen? WORLD WAR 3! Don't you see?! Back then, this is the type of language that was used, MONSTERS OF INIQUITY! I'm not saying this to hurt you. I got scripture on my side. And realize this, for those of you who are secular, and believe the Bible is just an old book of crudely formed ideas, I've got every newspaper in the world on my side. I have every history book in the world on my side. And if I could pry through that outer casing of your heart and reveal what's inside there, I would have the testimony of your own wicked thoughts to defend me. Everything that I'm saying about this is true. It's true. Now how does God forgive us, and still be just? How can God pardon our iniquities and still be a righteous God? Before we get to the answer, let's go to another passage.

Quote:Romans 4:7-8

"BLESSED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS DEEDS HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS HAVE BEEN COVERED. "BLESSED IS THE MAN WHOSE SIN THE LORD WILL NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT."

Look what David says. This is David, who committed adultery with Bathsheba, who basically had her husband killed.Do you realize who's covering these sins? It's God.God is covering these sins, God is forgiving these lawless deeds.To be honest if this text was left by itself it would say a lot of terrible things about God. What do you think about a judge who covers evil deeds? Pretends they didn't happen and looks the other way. Is that the kind of God you want ruling the universe? But David said, that's the kind of God he had. If you look at the verse itself, that doesn't look like a very Holy God. That doesn't look like a very righteous creator and judge. So how can we have the part of the scriptures testifying to the fact that God is righteous and he will punish every sin? And over here blessed is the man whose sins are covered by God. That it also says, it's an abomination to justify the wicked. And then it also says, the wicked rejoice because they have been justified by God. This is the context of the Gospel. This is the divine dilemma and how is the problem solved? How can we bring these two together and prove there is unity within the person of God Himself, that there is unity within scriptures? What brings this all together?

THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST!

Now there's a word we need to look at and let's go back to Romans 3:25 where it says "whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation" Now what is propitiation? It's a sacrifice, what does that sacrifice do? It satisfies the demands of justice. And in satisfying the demands of justice, appeases the Wrath of God. And makes it possible for a righteous God to forgive the iniquities of men. In His righteousness, in His justice, God condemns the world. God sends the law, and the law, aggravates the matter, even on purpose. It displays our sins in living color, it shows us that we are condemned. Those of you who seek to save yourselves by keeping the law, all of creation testifies against you.It's an impossibility. You have broken every law at every point.The law just makes you that much more guilty. In His righteousness God condemns the world and in His Grace, He designs a plan of salvation and what is that plan? God becomes a man. The Son of God incarnate.And he walks on this Earth, as a man.He is fully God, He is fully Man, the two natures are not confused or mixed, one is not diminished for the sake of the other. He is truly God and truly Man and he walks on this Earth as a Man. Then as a Man, as your Brother, He lives an absolutely perfect life. He's the only one of whom God can say, "This is my beloved Son, whom I am well pleased, behold he does all things well."

Quote:Matthew 3:17

and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

Quote:Mark 7:37

They were utterly astonished, saying, "He has done all things well; He makes even the deaf to hear and the mute to speak."

According to the foreknowledge, the sovereign plan of God, He is lifted up by the hands of us and nailed to a cross. Now in here lies the problem. How does a Man, dying on a tree, save us from our sins? How does a man dying on a tree, pay for our sins?

I'm sure some of you have heard when it comes to the Calvary of the Cross, some preachers talk about the cat of nine tails, which Christ was beaten with. They talk about the crown of thorns, they talk about the mockeries of men, how he was beaten, how he was slapped, a bloody picture of a man going to a tree. They say how he was nailed to a tree and lifted up. The question still remains. The Romans crucified Jesus, how does that pay for our sins? Read and listen carefully. If you are saved, it's not merely because Jesus was beaten up by the Romans. It's not because they nailed him to a tree. It's because when Christ was on that tree, your sins were imputed to Him. They were placed upon Him. The guilt for every wicked thing you've done, was heaped upon His head. And then All Mighty God, crushed his Only begotten Son, under the full force of His Holy hatred against your evil. Have you not read Isiah 53?

Quote:Isaiah 53:10

Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the LORD makes his life an offering for sin, he will see his offspring and prolong his days, and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.

What you need to understand is this, by breaking the law of God, you've made yourself an enemy. What have you been saved from? Sin? Yes and no. If you have been saved, you've been saved from God. You've been saved from God, for God, and by God. You see He is righteous. You and I because of our law breaking are EVIL. Every one of us. You go down to the shadiest part of the city, and find the prostitute and find the drug addict, and find the worst of the worst, PICK THEM UP, LOOK THEM SQUARE IN THE FACE, THEY"RE JUST A MIRROR OF WHAT YOU ARE!! APART FROM THE GRACE OF GOD, THEY ARE A MIRROR OF YOU!! You think Hitler is an anomaly? The only reason why you do not surpass Hitler in your evil is because God has restrained your evil by his common grace. Hitler's not an anomaly, he's one of us. And God in His justice and in His righteous anger, burned against the whole lot of us.You don't think, what you think really doesn't matter. What the Bible says is what matters. Let me show you your hypocrisy. Let's say you pick up a newspaper or look on the internet and come across some article about a man who kidnapped a little girl and had her for 15 years and tortured her every single day of her life and you can be neutral about it? Can you hear about the holocaust and say it's not a big deal? Can you hear about the slavery in America and not burn? Then you're immoral. You and I reserve the right of righteous indignation when we hear about evil. We even though we're fallen, even though we're sinful, when we hear about crimes that go beyond our imaginations, do we not burn within us, anger. We can't stand what's being done. How much more can a Holy God, when he looks square at every sin and wicked intention of your heart? But on The Cross of Calvary, the sins of God's people, the guilt for that was heaped upon the Son. And God crushed His only begotten Son under the full force of His righteous indignation against our sins. And before Christ died he cried out "It is finished" which means he paid for it in full. Your crimes have been paid for. By the very one who condemned you. And now God can be just and the justifier of the wicked because He Himself paid for their crimes.

Quote:John 19:30

When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Let's get more in depth with this.

Quote:2 Corinthians 5:21

He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

He, God, made Him, Jesus Christ, who knew no sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. Now let's look at this. He knew no sin, he wasn't acquainted with sin.He's perfect, although he came into this world and took upon Himself, the flesh, the body, like our body. He came in the likeness, of sinful flesh. He himself was absolutely incorruptible and pure but He took upon himself a body that suffered all of the effects of our sin. That's why he was always tired, thirsty and weak. He knew no sin. He wasn't acquainted with it. Now think about this, there was never one moment in the life of Jesus of Nazareth, that he did not, love the Lord with all his God with all his heart, soul, mind and strength. We're talking about something more beyond than keeping a few commandments my friends. We're talking about something we can't even fathom. Jesus Christ loved the Lord with with all his heart, soul, mind and strength in every moment in every day of his life. That's spectacular! Imagine this eternal Son of God, Holy, Holy, Holy, comes down into our world. For you it may not be such a bad thing but for Him, to come down in our world...
Let me give you an idea, in Ephesians it says,

Quote:Ephesians 2:1
And you were dead in your trespasses and sins

We were dead in the sphere in all kinds of sins.Every kind of sin. To give you a picture of what that looks like, it's not going to be pretty but it's this. Imagine a putrid rotting corpse, floating at the bottom of a cesspool of excrement that was created by the very things coming forth out of that body. That's you.Dead. A rotting corpse, at the bottom of s cesspool, that is created by your own body fluid in your own excrement laying there. Now imagine, the Holy, Holy, Holy, Son of God, takes upon himself human flesh, in the likeness of sinful flesh and He wades this filthy cesspool. To one who can't tolerate a single blemish upon a blemish,  upon a blemish, upon of blemish of sin. He comes into a world inundated with sin. And he walks among us and on Calvary, it is though, wading that cesspool he takes a deep breath and plunges head long into your cesspool and drag you out!!

Listen, I know these are harsh words but it's because I want you, to love God.Where did all the stars go the afternoon? They're still there, we just can't see them because there's too much light. But you can seem them when the back drop, when the sky is pitch black. You can see them, can't you? You can only see the diamonds of God's Grace, against the pitch black darkness of our filth. It is then you see the Grace of God, shining with such Glory! It's what I want for you, to be memorized by this. For what God has done for you, in Christ. He who knew no sin, was made sin on our behalf. What does it mean? Let us ask ourselves this question, does it mean that when He was on that tree, that he was somehow devolved and became corrupt in his nature? Absolutely not! Even upon that tree, even in the most dark hour, He was still the Holy sinless Lamb of God. We have the answer.

Quote:2 Corinthians 5:21

He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

You want to know what it means for Him to be made sin? Ask yourself what it means for you to become the righteousness of God. The moment a person believes in Christ, does it mean they become a righteous being? No. Because you if you did, after knowing Christ, you would never sin again. What happens the moment the sinner believes in Christ, something happens, it's called the Legal of Forensic Declaration. The moment you trust in Christ, God legally or forensically declares you to be right with him. God declares you right with Him and He treats you, as though you're right with Him. That's good news! So on the cross what happens, the Sins of God's people were inputted to His Son.He bore the guilt of their transgressions. Christ was declared guilty, bearing your sin, and He was treated by God, as guilty. And in that, He was crushed under the judgement of God.

Quote:Galatians 3:10

For as many as are of works of the Law are under a curse, for it has been written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue all things having been written in the book of the Law, to do them."

What does it mean to be under a curse? And this is not under a curse of a jurisdiction of a man. This is under a curse of God's law. To be under the curse of God's law, is that you because of your rebellion against Him, you are so vile, and so loathsome, not only before a Holy God, but for any inhabitant of Heaven that is Holy, any aspect of creation that is not subject to the fall, you have become so loathsome in your sin, that the last thing you will hear when you take your first step into hell, is all  of creation standing at standing to it's feet and applauding God, because they God has rid the Earth of you. Away with him, there was no place for found for them. "Depart from me, you who practice lawlessness."
Now when a country exiles you, you can simply go to another country. But when the fountain of all life, apart from whom there is no life, says "depart from me", where do you go? This curse is a serious thing. That you and I were under, because of our many transgressions against God. Look what it says..

Quote:Galatians 3:13

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us-- for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE "

Do you have any idea what this means in regard to what Christ suffered? Are you beginning to understand maybe when Jesus said, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? Because He had become a curse, in our place.

Quote:Matthew 27:46

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Now in order for us to understand this, we need to explain something in the OT. In the book of Deuteronomy we find something very important. We find that the people of God are divided into two groups.And there are two mountains, there is Mount Gerizim and Mount Ebal. Part of the nation of Israel is placed on Mount Gerizim, and they are to pronounce all the covenant blessings that are to fall on the head of the covenant keeper.They are to pronounce with a loud voice all the blessings that are to fall upon the obedient man. In Mount Ebal, another group of Israelites, are to scream forth all the curses that are to fall upon the lawbreaker. The rebel, the one who does not obey his God, that does not keep the terms of the covenant, they are to cry out all the curses. Reading this back to you in the context of Calvary now. When Jesus Christ was on the cross, the sins of his people were inputted to Him. And all the divine curses that should've fallen on His people, fell upon Him, on that tree.

An excerpt from the book, "The Gospel's Power and Message" by Paul Washer, which is credited to him in everything that I just said, here's something else that can be said in another way.

Quote:When He raised His eyes to heaven to find God’s countenance, His Father turned away. When He cried out, “My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?’ His Father replied, “The Lord, the Lord your God, damns you.”32
The Lord sends upon you curses, confusion, and rebuke until you are destroyed and until you perish quickly...33
“The Lord smites you with madness and with blindness and with bewilderment of heart; and you will grope at noon, as the blind man gropes in darkness… with none to save you.”34
“The Lord delights over you to make you perish and destroy you; and you will be torn from the land.”35
“Cursed shall you be in the city, and curse shall you be in the field…”36
“Cursed shall you be when you come in and cursed shall you be when you go out…”37
“The heaven which is over your head shall be bronze, and the earth which is under you, iron.”38
“You shall be a horror, a proverb, and a taunt among all the people.” 39
“Let all these curses come on you and pursue you and overtake you until you are destroyed, because you would not obey the LORD your God by keeping His commandments and His statutes which He commanded you.”40

THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD HEAR! THIS SHOULD BE YOUR GREETING ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT! THIS IS THE ONLY VOICE YOU SHOULD HEAR FROM GOD! BUT THAT VOICE FELL UPON HIS SON!

To Continue further...

Quote:As Christ bore our sin upon Calvary, He was cursed as man who makes an idol and sets it up in secret.41 He was cursed as one who dishonors his father or mother, who moves his neighbor’s boundary mark, or misleads a blind person on the road.42 He was cursed as one who distorts the justice due an alien, orphan, and widow.43 He was cursed as one who is guilty of every manner of immorality and perversion, who wounds his neighbor in secret, or accepts a bribe to strike down the innocent.44 He was cursed as one who does not confirm the words of the Law by doing them.45 The sage of Proverbs wrote:
“Like a sparrow in its flitting, like a swallow in its flying, So a curse without cause does not alight.”46
However the curse did alight upon the Branch, not because of some flaw in His character or error in His deeds, but because He bore the sins of His people and carried their iniquity before the judgment bar of God.47 There He stood uncovered, unprotected, and vulnerable to every recourse of divine judgment. The psalmist David cried out,
“How blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered! How blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit!”48
Yet on the Cross, the sin imputed to Christ was exposed before God and the host of heavens. He was placarded before men and made a spectacle to angels and devils alike.49 The transgressions He bore were not forgiven Him, and the sins He carried were not covered. If a man is counted blessed because iniquity is not imputed to Him, then Christ was cursed beyond measure because the iniquity of us all fell upon Him.50 For this reason, He was treated as the covenant breaker spoken of at the renewal of the Mosaic covenant in Moab.

Now before I end this thread I want to describe the Holiness of God a bit further.

Quote:Isaiah 6:1-7

In the year of King Uzziah's death I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. 2Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3And one called out to another and said, "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts, The whole earth is full of His glory 4And the foundations of the thresholds trembled at the voice of him who called out, while the temple was filling with smoke. 5Then I said, "Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I live among a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts." 6Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal in his hand, which he had taken from the altar with tongs 5Then I said, "Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I live among a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts." 6Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal in his hand, which he had taken from the altar with tongs. 7He touched my mouth with it and said, "Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away and your sin is forgiven."

Now the first thing I want you to see is where it says, "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD". Notice how it doesn't say, nice, nice, nice. It doesn't say, merciful, merciful, merciful. Notice how it doesn't even say love, love, love. It says HOLY, HOLY, HOLY! No where in the Bible, does it repeat an attribute of God, unless if it has to do with Holy. Yes, the Bible says that God is Love. It also says that God is merciful and he is the most patient Father. It says too, that God is Light and there is no darkness found in him. Amazingly, it says God is HOLY! Holy, is such a foreign concept to Man that if we were to come into the presence of the Lord right now, those without Jesus Christ, would go raving mad and will be destroyed in the sight and presence of his Glory. Now I want you to read again where it mentions the Seraphim. These creatures, who dwell in the presence of the God are the most powerful and holiest of all of God's creation. How do I know that, notice how even in their own glory and their own holiness, they cover their face, their eyes, and even their feet. They dwell in God's presence, yet they are not destroyed when in his presence. Notice also when Isiah says, "Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I live among a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.". He says, he's a man of unclean lips. He confessed his sins and the Lord forgave him. Understand what it means to be Holy. Another word associated when used with the Holiness of God, is transcendence. It's goes far beyond what we think Holy is. It simply flies higher. God is NOT like us. For God is HOLY.

I am a sinful man, I am worthless. If I were to stand before God right now, I would be destroyed. To be honest with you, even though I claim to be a Christian, I personally believe that I don't deserve the title because in my heart I'm still wicked as wicked can be. I have not been changed, I have not become born again, or have become a new creature. I will continue to repent and continue to believe until a work is finished in me. My only hope in this life, is found in a savior born over 2,000 years ago. God has only ever had one servant, and that is His Son. Jehovah has always and only had one witness, and that is His Son. There has only been one covenant keeper and HIS NAME IS JESUS CHRIST! On that tree he was treated as the covenant breaker, so I could be treated as though I am a covenant keeper. ALL HAIL THE POWER OF JESUS' NAME. EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW AND CONFESS THAT HE IS LORD!
This post was last modified: 02-16-2016, 03:07 AM by That1kid.

Matthew 6:34
"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble."
The following 1 user Likes That1kid's post:
  • Vytas

02-16-2016, 09:54 AM #2
FlixKandish
Chaplain
We really really need a "no proselytizing" rule >.>

02-16-2016, 10:06 AM #3
khadeejah
Chaplain
(02-16-2016, 09:54 AM)FlixKandish Wrote:  We really really need a "no proselytizing" rule >.>

Meh -  You don't have to read it if you don't want.  It looks like T1K put a lot of effort into his post.

This section gives users of all different beliefs -  a place to work out their own thoughts and musings on those beliefs and a chance to see where others are coming from.  Personally,  I don't think it is proselytizing but I could see how someone who doesn't believe in God would.
This post was last modified: 02-16-2016, 10:09 AM by khadeejah.

The following 4 users Like khadeejah's post:
  • celle76, That1kid, Tarikko, Sunflower

02-16-2016, 10:38 AM #4
Yahda
Chaplain
Isaiah 41:8 But you O Israel, are my servant. You O Jacob whom I have chosen

Isaiah 43:10 YOU ARE MY WITNESS declares The Lord. Yes my SERVANT whom I have chosen

Isaiah 45:23 By myself I have sworn. The word has gone out of my mouth in righteousness. And it will not return. TO ME ( our Creator) EVERY KNEE WILL BOW AND EVERY TONGUE WILL CONFESS 

Let me say it again for those who just don't get it TO ME ( our Creator ) EVERY KNEE WILL BOW AND EVERY TONGUE WILL CONFESS. 

Sorry folks but you won't be bowing to ANYONE but The Most High ! The word has gone out and it will not return without results !!
This post was last modified: 02-16-2016, 10:42 AM by Yahda.

~Yahda

02-16-2016, 02:29 PM #5
That1kid
Marshall
(02-16-2016, 09:54 AM)FlixKandish Wrote:  We really really need a "no proselytizing" rule >.>

I'm not exactly sure what your beliefs are exactly but I would like for you to give me an honest answer to my questions.

If I could take out every thought that you thought, from the moment you realized you were conscious of being alive. I could take every deed you have ever done in secret and somehow, I could take them all together and place them inside a video. Presented them to everyone in an auditorium setting, and for example, showed them to your entire class in high school or university. Or instead among your family and friends, either way, if they all saw it, you would run away from your city and never return. Because you have thought and done things so vile, that you could not share them with your closest friend.As a matter of fact, if your best friend knew the things you had thought against him or her, they would no longer be your friend. Now you know that we are all just like each other. You know if that kind of malady exist in all your hearts, it also exists in mine and everyone else's. Yet you're ashamed that you would be exposed among your fellow Man upon the Earth, who are like sinners like us. Now imagine when your life is exposed and you standing before a perfectly righteous.God.Will you stand on that day? I tell you, you will absolutely not.

My questions are this, can you relate to what's being said here and say that none of this exist inside your heart? That you have not once thought of such evil thoughts or intentions inside your heart? Though we claim to be good in our own ways, in the eyes of a Holy God, we're not good because we are evil.

"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble."

02-16-2016, 02:50 PM #6
FlixKandish
Chaplain
You're doing the ray comfort thing.
The following 1 user Likes FlixKandish's post:
  • khadeejah

02-16-2016, 08:10 PM #7
That1kid
Marshall
(02-16-2016, 02:50 PM)FlixKandish Wrote:  You're doing the ray comfort thing.

Fortunately I already know the answer. Come to think of it, it could've been taken as a rhetorical question.

I'm not saying this to hurt you. I got scripture on my side. And realize this, for those of you who are secular, and believe the Bible is just an old book of crudely formed ideas, I've got every newspaper in the world on my side. I have every history book in the world on my side. And if I could pry through that outer casing of your heart and reveal what's inside there, I would have the testimony of your own wicked thoughts to defend me. Everything that I'm saying about this is true. It's true.