#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
CIA & Hippie Mind Control: Inside Laurel Canyon with Dave McGowan

02-15-2016, 05:24 PM #1
sophiaponders
Chaplain
"The hippie movement of the 1960s, which began in Laurel Canyon, Los Angeles had peculiar military and political ties to prominent figures in the scene like Jim Morrison, The Byrds, David Crosby, Stills, Nash, The Mommas and the Pappas, Jackson Browne, Jack Parsons, America and more are looked at with Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon author Dave McGowan. Also discussed is movement pioneer Vito Paulekas, who was related to the Rockefellers,  the actors involved in the movement who also had connections to the American political establishment, Charles Manson and the Manson Family murders, the Wonderland murders, and the theory that the CIA manufactured the hippie counterculture to undermine the anti war movement,"

"Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon
How did an uncanny amount of rock superstars emerge from the rustic Laurel Canyon scene of the mid 60s when the primary music centers of the US at that time were NYC, Nashville, and Detroit? Why were many of these future stars sons and daughters of the military/intelligence complex and extreme privilege who just happened to all arrive in LA at the same time? From the Lizard King Jim Morrison to Frank Zappa, the Mamas and Papas, the Byrds, Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, even the Monkees, they all had conspicuous family heritages that did not exactly jive with what would become the free love, anti war soundtrack of a generation. Meanwhile, looming behind these musicians was a dark underbelly of Hollywood stars, young turks, the mob, shadowy intelligence assets, and charmers like little Charlie Manson who everyone liked at first.. How and why did this all happen? And what about that covert military installation on Lookout Mountain? Are you ready to have your rock and roll fantasies challenged? You may never listen to this music the same way ever again."

The CIA also invented the LSD that these and other artists were promoting to the culture.

This video covers the American artists, but there were British artists also involved who came here through Buckingham Palace and the Tavistock Institute, who were also involved in this as we know.

This post was last modified: 02-18-2016, 06:30 AM by sophiaponders.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 3 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • Foggy D., Thy Unveiling, argus

02-15-2016, 05:48 PM #2
sophiaponders
Chaplain
RE: Morrison. Jim Morrison also starred in a video put out by the 'University of Florida' before he went to Los Angeles and went through his 'transformation' as a rock star, though he himself admitted that he never wanted to be a musician or was interested in music growing up before he became a rock star. The University video was intended to discourage men from pursuing a higher education and to prepare for their actual future in the army...though Morrison was never drafted to serve in the army during his life, including while he was a rock star.

EDIT: His military general father also didn't seem to mind him being in entertainment either.. but check out the pics of a young Morrison at 1:30 in this vid before going to LA on a navy ship and holding a gun.. he seemed into it, and his father says he was too.

This post was last modified: 02-15-2016, 06:17 PM by sophiaponders.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 2 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, argus

02-15-2016, 06:33 PM #3
sophiaponders
Chaplain
2) Longer interview with researcher and author David McGowan: "McGowan discusses his research into the Los Angeles Laurel Canyon community; includes the connection between the musicians and the Military/Intelligence complex, the 'manufacture' of the artists and bands, and the hidden agenda behind the Music Industry of the 60s and 70s and the state of the industry today"

Edit: I just realized the author/researcher died in November 2015 on his Facebook page, RIP Sad
https://www.facebook.com/WeirdScenesInsideTheCanyon/

Also, from his FB page before he died:
"The new owner (Jared Leto) of the government established Lookout Mountain Laboratory facilities in Laurel Canyon - which seems kind of appropriate."
This post was last modified: 02-15-2016, 07:57 PM by sophiaponders.

• Foggy D., Thy Unveiling, argus

02-16-2016, 10:20 AM #4
Daisy
Marshall
(02-15-2016, 05:24 PM)sophiaponders Wrote:  "The hippie movement of the 1960s, which began in Laurel Canyon, Los Angeles had peculiar military and political ties to prominent figures in the scene like Jim Morrison, The Byrds, David Crosby, Stills, Nash, The Mommas and the Pappas, Jackson Browne, Jack Parsons, America and more are looked at with Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon author Dave McGowan. Also discussed is movement pioneer Vito Paulekas, who was related to the Rockefellers,  the actors involved in the movement who also had connections to the American political establishment, Charles Manson and the Manson Family murders, the Wonderland murders, and the theory that the CIA manufactured the hippie counterculture to undermine the anti war movement,"

"Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon
How did an uncanny amount of rock superstars emerge from the rustic Laurel Canyon scene of the mid 60s when the primary music centers of the US at that time were NYC, Nashville, and Detroit? Why were many of these future stars sons and daughters of the military/intelligence complex and extreme privilege who just happened to all arrive in LA at the same time? From the Lizard King Jim Morrison to Frank Zappa, the Mamas and Papas, the Byrds, Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, even the Monkees, they all had conspicuous family heritages that did not exactly jive with what would become the free love, anti war soundtrack of a generation. Meanwhile, looming behind these musicians was a dark underbelly of Hollywood stars, young turks, the mob, shadowy intelligence assets, and charmers like little Charlie Manson who everyone liked at first.. How and why did this all happen? And what about that covert military installation on Lookout Mountain? Are you ready to have your rock and roll fantasies challenged? You may never listen to this music the same way ever again."

The CIA also invented the LSD that these and other artists were promoting to the culture.

This video covers the American artists, but there were British artists also involved who came here through Buckingham Palace and the Tavistock Institute, who were also involved in this as we know.

...and Timothy Leary is everywhere, in this scene. I've posted before how Winona Ryder remembers seeing Leary talking with john Lennon, on the commune where she grew-up. Michael Stipe grew-up on a German military base, right around the time the MK-Ultra program was being tested out. Then you see him following River Phoenix around before River died, later buddying up in the same way and chatting with Heath Ledger at fashion shows, then Heath starts getting weird tattoos, Winona dates Johnny Depp who owned the club where River died; Johnny becomes close friends with Marilyn Manson, who later dates Rose McGowan, who grew-up in the European branch of the same cult River Phoenix grew-up in...they're all so connected. 

Then a video shows Timothy Leary talking quietly with John Frusciante in a video documentary about Frusciante's drug habits in the early 90's and he's the guy who supposedly gave Phoenix the drug potion that killed him. Timothy Leary is everywhere in the modern formation of these entertainment industries. 

One of my Mother's close friends had a son who was so utterly and unusually brilliant, that the US Army convinced his Father to let him be part of some clandestine research program in Germany. His Mother didn't want it to happen but his Father insisted. He came home, a teenager addicted to drugs and hooked on taking LSD. He was put into a mental institution and supposedly committed suicide by jumping off a bridge during an LSD trip. This woman was quite a bit older than my Mom, so her son was a teenager in the late 60's. 

I wonder if he was part of a research program on the same German base Michael Stipe grew-up on, at the same time.
The following 3 users Like Daisy's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, argus, sophiaponders

02-16-2016, 01:31 PM #5
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(02-16-2016, 10:20 AM)Daisy Wrote:  ...and Timothy Leary is everywhere, in this scene. I've posted before how Winona Ryder remembers seeing Leary talking with john Lennon, on the commune where she grew-up. Michael Stipe grew-up on a German military base, right around the time the MK-Ultra program was being tested out. Then you see him following River Phoenix around before River died, later buddying up in the same way and chatting with Heath Ledger at fashion shows, then Heath starts getting weird tattoos, Winona dates Johnny Depp who owned the club where River died; Johnny becomes close friends with Marilyn Manson, who later dates Rose McGowan, who grew-up in the European branch of the same cult River Phoenix grew-up in...they're all so connected. 

Then a video shows Timothy Leary talking quietly with John Frusciante in a video documentary about Frusciante's drug habits in the early 90's and he's the guy who supposedly gave Phoenix the drug potion that killed him. Timothy Leary is everywhere in the modern formation of these entertainment industries. 

One of my Mother's close friends had a son who was so utterly and unusually brilliant, that the US Army convinced his Father to let him be part of some clandestine research program in Germany. His Mother didn't want it to happen but his Father insisted. He came home, a teenager addicted to drugs and hooked on taking LSD. He was put into a mental institution and supposedly committed suicide by jumping off a bridge during an LSD trip. This woman was quite a bit older than my Mom, so her son was a teenager in the late 60's. 

I wonder if he was part of a research program on the same German base Michael Stipe grew-up on, at the same time.

RE: The video you mentioned.. is this it?

"Stuff is a 12 minute documentary about the house of Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante. It was made in 1993 by Johnny Depp and Gibby Haynes, the lead singer of the Butthole Surfers. Dr. Timothy Leary is also present in the video."
Damn... wtf did i just watch? Confused I have never seen that before.. how disturbing.. and what is up with the Manson family-esque writings on the walls of his house? Creepy af.

RE: Lennon. Yeah.. he was pretty blatant about all that himself. Lennon actually thanked the US military/CIA for LSD in a Playboy interview.

RE: Stipe. I had no idea about that either. Will look into it. TBH his songs started creeping me out when I woke up some years ago, from the end of the world Jonestown like song, to the one i love song where he keeps referring to himself as god 'i am'... also shiney happy people is really..um.. druggy cult like

RE: Your mothers friend and her son. I'm so sorry to hear that, how tragic Sad
This post was last modified: 02-16-2016, 01:51 PM by sophiaponders.

• Thy Unveiling, argus, Daisy

02-16-2016, 01:48 PM #6
Daisy
Marshall
(02-16-2016, 01:31 PM)sophiaponders Wrote:  
(02-16-2016, 10:20 AM)Daisy Wrote:  ...and Timothy Leary is everywhere, in this scene. I've posted before how Winona Ryder remembers seeing Leary talking with john Lennon, on the commune where she grew-up. Michael Stipe grew-up on a German military base, right around the time the MK-Ultra program was being tested out. Then you see him following River Phoenix around before River died, later buddying up in the same way and chatting with Heath Ledger at fashion shows, then Heath starts getting weird tattoos, Winona dates Johnny Depp who owned the club where River died; Johnny becomes close friends with Marilyn Manson, who later dates Rose McGowan, who grew-up in the European branch of the same cult River Phoenix grew-up in...they're all so connected. 

"Stuff is a 12 minute documentary about the house of Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante. It was made in 1993 by Johnny Depp and Gibby Haynes, the lead singer of the Butthole Surfers. Dr. Timothy Leary is also present in the video."
Damn... wtf did i just watch?  Confused I have never seen that before.. how disturbing.. and what is up with the Manson family-esque writings on the walls of his house? Creepy af.

RE: Lennon. Yeah.. he was pretty blatant about all that himself. Lennon actually thanked the CIA for LSD in a Playboy interview.

RE: Stipe. I had no idea about that either. Will look into it. TBH his songs started creeping me out when I woke up some years ago, from the end of the world Jonestown like song, to the one i love song where he keeps referring to himself as god 'i am'...

Thanks, Sophia. My Mother's friend has since passed but of course, that tragedy always stayed with her. I'm starting to wonder if there wasn't more to the story, either.

Johnny Depp's weird connection to River's death did not go unnoticed last night. Comedian Travon Free wrote this:

https://twitter.com/Travon/status/699442960237199360

By odd coincidence, another musical River just died young in a tragic accident, before Depp's performance; singer River Reeves of Viola Beach.
The following 2 users Like Daisy's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, sophiaponders

02-16-2016, 02:05 PM #7
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(02-16-2016, 01:48 PM)Daisy Wrote:  
(02-16-2016, 01:31 PM)sophiaponders Wrote:  

Damn... wtf did i just watch?  Confused I have never seen that before.. how disturbing.. and what is up with the Manson family-esque writings on the walls of his house? Creepy af.

RE: Lennon. Yeah.. he was pretty blatant about all that himself. Lennon actually thanked the CIA for LSD in a Playboy interview.

RE: Stipe. I had no idea about that either. Will look into it. TBH his songs started creeping me out when I woke up some years ago, from the end of the world Jonestown like song, to the one i love song where he keeps referring to himself as god 'i am'...

Thanks, Sophia. My Mother's friend has since passed but of course, that tragedy always stayed with her. I'm starting to wonder if there wasn't more to the story, either.

Johnny Depp's weird connection to River's death did not go unnoticed last night. Comedian Travon Free wrote this:

https://twitter.com/Travon/status/699442960237199360

By odd coincidence, another musical River just died young in a tragic accident, before Depp's performance; singer River Reeves of Viola Beach.

That is an odd coincidence. I just read this article about it:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1...d-car.html
Honestly, River Reeves looks a lot live Phoenix in that  last pic in article.
At first when I noticed that I tried to google more pics of him  by typing river reeves in google images and all these pics  of keanu and phoenix aswell as depp hanging together came up. chilling. refixed search to river reeves viola.. this is the first one that came up.  its an older one of him, that one of his freinds posted after his death. looks very hippy commune again..

Damn, u know, i used to really like Depp. the  more time passes the  more i can't help but think there is definitely something shady about him. he was also recently in a McCartney video. (Queenie Eye) i have no idea why, other than to poss brainwash women who like him to listen to that crap song and its stupid message.

EDIT: Disney also released this yesterday for new MK 'Alice' movie starring Depp.
Soundtrack.. not surprising.

This post was last modified: 02-16-2016, 02:37 PM by sophiaponders.

The following 2 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • Daisy, argus

02-16-2016, 03:06 PM #8
argus
Squire
Great thread and great finds. I have recently read a lot about Laurel canyon and the hippie era and find it very intriguing and sad since I have been inspired by the messages of creativity, freedom and individuality. It is sad to discover that it is all fake but there it is. I think it is very important to reveal, as much as we can, what really went on.

And as for Jim, I am also quite sad to realise he was just another tool, probably from an early age just as that creepy video shows... The Lizard king was just a role he played. Otherwise we would probably never know his name.

Keep up the good work!
This post was last modified: 02-16-2016, 03:08 PM by argus.
The following 3 users Like argus's post:
  • Foggy D., Daisy, sophiaponders

02-16-2016, 07:42 PM #9
Daisy
Marshall
(02-15-2016, 05:48 PM)sophiaponders Wrote:  RE: Morrison. Jim Morrison also starred in a video put out by the 'University of Florida' before he went to Los Angeles and went through his 'transformation' as a rock star, though he himself admitted that he never wanted to be a musician or was interested in music growing up before he became a rock star. The University video was intended to discourage men from pursuing a higher education and to prepare for their actual future in the army...though Morrison was never drafted to serve in the army during his life, including while he was a rock star.

EDIT: His military general father also didn't seem to mind him being in entertainment either.. but check out the pics of a young Morrison at 1:30 in this vid before going to LA on a navy ship and holding a gun.. he seemed into it, and his father says he was too.

Interestingly enough, when River's family fled the "Children of God" cult, they anchored themselves to (Micanopy as a county?), Gainsville, Florida and built a sort of family compound, there and Heart Phoenix still runs a Peace/Restorative Justice program out of Gainsville. 

I'm posting the link to the thread I started on Phoenix because it gets into his Bush family/NWO connections. He started seriously speaking out about Agenda 21 during the year he died. His Father wasn't just a nameless cult follower but one of the top leaders of the cult, sort of a supervisor in charge of Venezuela. 

There's video of George Bush hugging and kissing "Children of God" teens, the Bushes invite them to sing during Christmas at The White House, the secret "Bohemian Grove" society Bush was a part of is rumored to have used child prostitutes from "Children of God", there's a major raid on the offices of the Argentina chapter and then a month after and right before CoG members are to testify in court, River dies of a drug overdose, even though the coroner said there was no evidence of previous substances in his blood from that evening, besides anxiety medication from earlier in the day. The rest was all consumed rapidly, in one swoop. No track marks. No nasal residue. He had been talking for months that he was certain he was going to die but the coroner said his body was one of a healthy, young man with a perfect bmi. 

It could all just have been a strange coincidence but I'm convinced there is more to this story, than that. The more I dig, the weirder it gets. 

http://vigilantcitizen.com/forums/Thread...enix-death
  • Foggy D., argus, sophiaponders

02-16-2016, 07:44 PM #10
Daisy
Marshall
More on the "Children of God" cult and Rose McGowan (I don't know if she's related to the author you mentioned).
http://starcasm.net/archives/117837

So many cult and commune movements all exploded, at once. Many think they were all Laurel Canyon planned, CIA plants.
  • Foggy D., argus, sophiaponders