#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Did Jesus condemn those who didn't think he was God?

02-15-2016, 10:50 AM #1
khadeejah
Chaplain
Hi and Peace to you.

I am asking Christians to answer this question with proof.  As far as I can tell he strongly rebuked those who twisted the word of God and the  'brood of vipers'. (The scribes, Pharisees and  Sadducees), but never condemned anyone for not worshiping him.

Thanks in advance.

The following 3 users Like khadeejah's post:
  • The Creeper, Scimitar, Tarikko

02-15-2016, 10:55 AM #2
Artful Revealer
Chaplain
The Pharisees have spent 2,000 years theologically fighting against the idea that Christ is God. Wonder what makes some people join their camps ...

Faith receives, love gives. No one will be able to receive without faith. No one will be able to give without love. Because of this, in order that we may indeed receive, we believe, and in order that we may love, we give, since if one gives without love, he has no profit from what he has given. He who has received something other than the Lord is still a Hebrew. - Gospel of Philip

02-15-2016, 10:57 AM #3
Tarikko
Chaplain
(02-15-2016, 10:55 AM)Artful Revealer Wrote:  The Pharisees have spent 2,000 years theologically fighting against the idea that Christ is God. Wonder what makes some people join their camps ...

Don't you also wonder why people leave that camp as well?

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

02-15-2016, 11:10 AM #4
khadeejah
Chaplain
(02-15-2016, 10:55 AM)Artful Revealer Wrote:  The Pharisees have spent 2,000 years theologically fighting against the idea that Christ is God. Wonder what makes some people join their camps ...

Could you answer the OP instead of obfuscating the matter.  Take your time Art.

The following 2 users Like khadeejah's post:
  • The Creeper, Tarikko

02-15-2016, 11:12 AM #5
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Yeah stop "Obfuscating" (likes the word)

Answer the OP Art,

dodging questions that make you uncomfortable shows you are weak and not vigilant at all,

Scimi Big Grin

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi

02-15-2016, 11:29 AM #6
Artful Revealer
Chaplain
(02-15-2016, 10:57 AM)Tarikko Wrote:  
Don't you also wonder why people leave that camp as well?

Nope, I know the reasons.

Edit:

And by the by, my remark was quite on topic. I could only imagine who that remark would make uncomfortable, since that would give the Pharisees and the Muslims something in common, next to the hatred for Paul and the Trinity, that is.

I can think of a few more though.
This post was last modified: 02-15-2016, 11:31 AM by Artful Revealer.

Faith receives, love gives. No one will be able to receive without faith. No one will be able to give without love. Because of this, in order that we may indeed receive, we believe, and in order that we may love, we give, since if one gives without love, he has no profit from what he has given. He who has received something other than the Lord is still a Hebrew. - Gospel of Philip
The following 3 users Like Artful Revealer's post:
  • Fides et Ratio, Floss, seekinheart

02-15-2016, 11:39 AM #7
Fides et Ratio
Marshall
(02-15-2016, 10:50 AM)khadeejah Wrote:  Hi and Peace to you.

I am asking Christians to answer this question with proof.  As far as I can tell he strongly rebuked those who twisted the word of God and the  'brood of vipers'. (The scribes, Pharisees and  Sadducees), but never condemned anyone for not worshiping him.

Thanks in advance.
"Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned... So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God" (Mark 16:14-16, 19).

"Then spake Jesus unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life" (John 8:12)
The following 1 user Likes Fides et Ratio's post:
  • MissMiami

02-15-2016, 11:48 AM #8
damien50
Chaplain
I'm on my phone again...  but no he didn't.  Example being all His parables, he knew not everyone would understand or accept them or him.

The Continuation of the Truth

Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord . [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
The following 2 users Like damien50's post:
  • The Creeper, Tarikko

02-15-2016, 12:39 PM #9
khadeejah
Chaplain
(02-15-2016, 11:39 AM)Fides et Ratio Wrote:  
(02-15-2016, 10:50 AM)khadeejah Wrote:  Hi and Peace to you.

Thanks in advance.
"Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned... So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God" (Mark 16:14-16, 19).

Thanks FR but could you provide verses that no Christian scholars differ about.  I have read that the earliest known manuscript of Gospel according to Mark ends at Mark 8 so Christian scholars differ as to the authenticity of the verses you quoted above. 

From Gotquestions?:
Quote:The Gospel of Mark ends at verse 8 in two of the oldest and most respected manuscripts, the Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Vaticanus. As the oldest manuscripts are known to be the most accurate because there were fewer generations of copies from the original autographs (i.e., they are much closer in time to the originals), and the oldest manuscripts do not contain vv. 9-20, we can conclude that these verses were added later by scribes.

02-15-2016, 12:46 PM #10
khadeejah
Chaplain
(02-15-2016, 11:48 AM)damien50 Wrote:  I'm on my phone again...  but no he didn't.  Example being all His parables, he knew not everyone would understand or accept them or him.

Thanks Damien.  So if believing that Jesus Christ is God who was crucified on a cross for the sins of mankind is the only way to attain salvation -  why wouldn't Jesus make this clear?  And how do his parables point to this Christian doctrine? I'm not asking trick questions here, I just want to know how and why you understand it that way because I can't.

The following 2 users Like khadeejah's post:
  • The Creeper, Tarikko