#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
What is GodLikeProductions?

06-20-2015, 02:40 PM #1
That1kid
Marshall
Hey guys I thought I should make a thread about this, mainly because I don't know too much about the site. I am interested in the stories surrounding the site and it's many rumors that range from CIA controlled to some sort of a psyop. I've come across a wiki about GLP.

GLP RationalWIki

Interesting parts on the wiki.

Quote:YOUR IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN BANNED
The site has the bad habit of blocking large ranges of IP addresses, purportedly to prevent trolls from evading bans by resetting their IP address. Some of the blocks are so wide they cover the whole ranges of certain Internet providers. So don't be surprised if you are greeted by "SORRY - YOUR IP ADDRESS X.X.X.X HAS BEEN BANNED" when you try to visit GLP for the first time. This is likely to happen if you live in the US and your Internet connection is using a dynamic IP.
More annoyingly, the block prevents people not only from posting on the board, but even from reading it. There's the running suspicion that the wide-ranging bans are used as a fundraising tool: paid accounts are exempted from the range blocks, and the ban message screen suggests getting one.

Quote:DON'T BELIEVE A DAMN WORD YOU READ ON THIS WEBSITE!
—The first sentence of GLP's disclaimer[1]
I know a lot of people here suffer from some form of mental illness...
—Extract from a rant by Trinity (the site's owner), claiming that rogue psychologists were targeting their members.[2]
Due to anonymous posting, threads in GLP can be... lively, especially if they involve "debunkers" or followers of opposing conspiracy theories. Moderation (in both senses) is low to non-existent, though people can be banned for excessive behaviour and/or threats. If you enter GLP with the intent to argue, prepare for long, futile threads (100+ pages sometimes) and obtuse opponents that seem to suffer from ADD.
GLP attracts a mixed crowd whose views cover every possible conspiracy theory ever thought of, and some that are being developed on the spot, with dramatic (over-)reactions to current events. Some of the participants appear to be trolls, others don't mind a bit of trolling to get rid of those pesky "debunkers" that poke holes in their arguments. Expect to see the "Shill Warning Alert" smiley a lot, though to the regulars' credit, expect to see the "B.S. flag" smiley a lot, too. (And yes, those are smileys. The full collection needs to be seen.)

There are many interesting things about GLP. Tons and tons of bans. Some for good reasons (I have yet to find one) but the majority I have heard from all over the internet, there seems to be banning and IP bans for no reason at all. There are even bans for referencing, linking certain websites, and even words that can give you an automatic warning and ban. 

I read this little article or post, about GLP's reputation going downhill since the era of Occupy Wall Street.  The comments are a bit more interesting.

YOU ARE BEING USED by GODLIKEPRODUCTIONS.COM - The only true GLPer is an ex GLPer.

Now I have never tried to enter the site because I don't want to agree to their terms and conditions. I don't even want to lurk the site because I feel it would be a waste of my time. Though I want to hear if any of you have ever been on GLP before, what you have experienced, stories etc.

Looking at the comparison from this forum site to GLP, I would just like to thank VC for giving us one of the best and safest forums. Truly, because at least on this forum site, we can share ideas, informative discussions about important topics.
This post was last modified: 06-20-2015, 03:17 PM by That1kid.

Matthew 6:34
"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble."
The following 1 user Likes That1kid's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

06-20-2015, 04:06 PM #2
Vytas
Justiciar
I remember i used to find some interesting info there, not directly but through google, searching directly wont do any good, because only recent (less than 1 year) search is allowed,  also was forced to register because they banned me  after first visit (didn't understand why until now lol) . But i never participated or contributed in gdl..absolute mess, really no point. It's been a while since my last visit, found better places for information..  Also i hate the name.

Truth is precious it's guarded by God
The following 1 user Likes Vytas's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

06-22-2015, 08:14 AM #3
Loki
Chaplain
Only visited the site once by accident, clicked a link without looking at where it lead to. I was banned already, which was confusing because at that time I didn't know about their mass IP bans. Any place that is that chaotic and unregulated is likely too full of trolls and crazy people to be worth much honestly. I've never seen the inside but I just assume it's like 4chan for crazy people and Conspiracy Theorists.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 1 user Likes Loki's post:
  • SheWatches

06-22-2015, 09:48 PM #4
sangreal
Squire
its a really popular conspiracy site. i used to lurk there alot but its alot of looney toons there that post false info. they banned me for no reason more then one time. they would lift all bans then reban me again. now you cant even view the site if are banned.
This post was last modified: 06-22-2015, 09:49 PM by sangreal.
The following 1 user Likes sangreal's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

06-23-2015, 04:35 AM #5
ela
Knight
Can anyone view Godlike production without signing up? I used to just read their stuffs before, but its now closed for me. It tells me to sign up to view which I am not gonna do.

Yes, the owner of the site has connection to government, but it did have some good stuff.

Now it has taken a 360 degree turn though. It attracts way too many weird shills who promote mostly hate. They push down the helpful threads by generating useless ones and when someone brings up something valid they get into attack mode.

But couples of months ago, some 14 days before Malaysian plane disappeared, a psychic member of theirs actually told the two names (one is CEO of the airliner) connected to this event. He couldn't say what was going to happen,  but asserted that it was based on insurance scam and that CEO's phone had the evidence. 

Of course, there are also controlled oppositions who go around scaring people.
The following 2 users Like ela's post:
  • SheWatches, Thy Unveiling

06-23-2015, 04:58 AM #6
maggiehiggings
Squire
too many racists
and I think the people on there give the real truthers a bad name
they might had good news on there
but nowadays it looks like a bunch of shitposting and junk.
The following 2 users Like maggiehiggings's post:
  • meltbanana, Thy Unveiling

06-23-2015, 07:12 AM #7
TonyVanDam
Justiciar
I cannot recommend GodLikeProductions at all because their forums are too disorganize and plain sloppy to look at. And that rumor about GLP being a government covert is enough to turn me off all together.

If you looking for another website to post in besides VCF, the David Icke Forums is a nice one. But be aware that there are some conspiracy researchers there that are Freemasons (I kidded you not! Big Grin lol ).

06-23-2015, 07:21 PM #8
SheWatches
Justiciar
I always thought GodLikeProductions was a few steps above BeforeItsNews - but that's not saying much.
The following 1 user Likes SheWatches's post:
  • jesusLUVZmeOMG

06-23-2015, 10:58 PM #9
ela
Knight
(06-23-2015, 07:12 AM)TonyVanDam Wrote:  I cannot recommend GodLikeProductions at all because their forums are too disorganize and plain sloppy to look at. And that rumor about GLP being a government covert is enough to turn me off all together.

If you looking for another website to post in besides VCF, the David Icke Forums is a nice one. But be aware that there are some conspiracy researchers there that are Freemasons (I kidded you not!  Big Grin  lol ).

Majority of the forums like those are now under the scanner. They are suffering from acute shill infestation. The threads go nowhere now.  I prefer the subreddit made for conspiracy theories. I do know though that shill infestation at GLP begins exactly around 10pm GMT and goes till 4am GMT.
The following 1 user Likes ela's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

06-24-2015, 04:19 AM #10
cameronjcw
Justiciar
(06-23-2015, 07:21 PM)SheWatches Wrote:  I always thought GodLikeProductions was a few steps above BeforeItsNews - but that's not saying much.

lol funny you say that I was thinking yesterday its hard to tell which one is worse between the two. Although maybe the fact that they put so much effort in to BIN makes it worse than GLP. Also the acronym pretty much says it all lol!