#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
May/December romances

02-09-2016, 08:53 AM #1
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
What are your thoughts? Would you be open to dating someone 20 years older or younger than yourself?

If I'm not mistaken, didn't the prophet Mohammed (pbuh) marry a woman 15 years older than him, and after she passed away he later married a much younger woman? And both he loved dearly?

My aunt is married to a man 25 years older than her. At first it weirded a lot of people out because he has a daughter 3 years younger than her. It only weirds people out now when they think about my aunt and her step-daughter being so close in age. But they've been married for nearly 26 years now. 4 kids together (2 of each gender) all grown up and college age. They'll probably be together until the day he dies.

Anyways, just wondered what other people's thoughts were. Especially the Muslim's, given the example of the prophet Mohammed (pbuh)

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 3 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • Trenton, Tarikko, The Creeper

02-09-2016, 09:14 AM #2
The Creeper
Chaplain
I am probably the last person in the world anyone should seek relationship advice from...

In my opinion age is just a number. It only tells you how many laps you have done around the sun. It isn't really a measure of maturity. I have known some really immature old people and some really switched on teenagers. I know one 16 year old who wants to be a nurse or a social worker and when I was her age all I cared about was sniffing drugs.

If two people are happy together, its not really anyone else's business.

You are a few years older than me, but I don't care at all, I love you for who you are and I can't wait to see you in England Heart

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 3 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Trenton, Tarikko, Thy Unveiling

02-09-2016, 09:15 AM #3
Todd
Chaplain
My wife is 8 years older than me....for whatever that's worth.

Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did
The following 4 users Like Todd's post:
  • Trenton, Tarikko, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

02-09-2016, 09:28 AM #4
Lisa
Chaplain
(02-09-2016, 08:53 AM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  What are your thoughts? Would you be open to dating someone 20 years older or younger than yourself?

If I'm not mistaken, didn't the prophet Mohammed (pbuh) marry a woman 15 years older than him, and after she passed away he later married a much younger woman? And both he loved dearly?

My aunt is married to a man 25 years older than her. At first it weirded a lot of people out because he has a daughter 3 years younger than her. It only weirds people out now when they think about my aunt and her step-daughter being so close in age. But they've been married for nearly 26 years now. 4 kids together (2 of each gender) all grown up and college age. They'll probably be together until the day he dies.

Anyways, just wondered what other people's thoughts were. Especially the Muslim's, given the example of the prophet Mohammed (pbuh)

Ya, muhammad married a child of 6 when he was in his 50's, though I wouldn't call that a romance by any standards....

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

02-09-2016, 09:29 AM #5
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Any and all input is worth something, Todd Smile

Creeper, I feel exactly the same way Blush 10 days!

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 2 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • Trenton, The Creeper

02-09-2016, 09:48 AM #6
The Creeper
Chaplain
Lisa, fuck off.

This is a nice thread about love and stuff and that ridiculous claim has been debunked so many times... Rolleyes

http://www.hasaan.com/2012/04/hazrat-ais...-time.html

In the dark ages and medieval times, Europeans married off young girls to older men all the time as well. Just saying.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 5 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • cookie, xoa., Trenton, Tarikko, Thy Unveiling

02-09-2016, 09:55 AM #7
riscy
Marshall
@The Creeper - love the irony.

"This is a nice thread"

prefaced by

"Lisa, fuck off."

Nicely done.

(02-09-2016, 09:48 AM)The Creeper Wrote:  Lisa, fuck off.

This is a nice thread about love and stuff and that ridiculous claim has been debunked so many times... Rolleyes

In the dark ages and medieval times, Europeans married off young girls to older men all the time as well. Just saying.

How can anyone know me, when I don't even know myself?

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
The following 3 users Like riscy's post:
  • Trenton, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

02-09-2016, 10:01 AM #8
Lisa
Chaplain
(02-09-2016, 09:48 AM)The Creeper Wrote:  Lisa, fuck off.

Well your girlfriend said any and all input is welcome. Perhaps she shouldn't have mentioned mohammed because that is the claim with him. Whether muslims say it's debunked or not-it's out there. Just saying, marrying a 6 year old is wrong however anyone wants to justify it.

Edit-She said all input is worth something.
This post was last modified: 02-09-2016, 10:04 AM by Lisa.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

02-09-2016, 10:03 AM #9
The Creeper
Chaplain
(02-09-2016, 09:55 AM)riscy Wrote:  @The Creeper - love the irony.

"This is a nice thread"

prefaced by

"Lisa, fuck off."

Nicely done.

It was rather impressive wasn't it?  Big Grin

I know I shouldn't respond like that, but only Lisa can come into a thread that is supposed to be about, love and age gaps and make into a thing about p***philia to bash Muslims. What she brought up has been debunked so many times and this is the lounge, not the religious section.

I suppose I should have expected some kind of zionist shill to pull that one.

If I wanted to see dense people repeating what they hear from hate sites and the mainstream media, I wouldn't be on the VC forums.

EDIT: No one here is advocating p***philia, we will leave that to the occult elite.

Aisha wasn't 6.

Get over it.
This post was last modified: 02-09-2016, 10:07 AM by The Creeper.

The following 4 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Trenton, Tarikko, Thy Unveiling, Todd

02-09-2016, 10:08 AM #10
erucysae
Justiciar
I think if we look at our prophet pbuh's examples (his marriage with Aisha ra as an example) we'll come to realise age is really just a number. And I firmly believe this. People are just too worried about how it might look to others with all the stigmas attached to age today. But it's all bollocks.

I used to be married to a man who was 6 years older than me. This meant F all, he was immature and irresponsible.

By the time, verily, man is in loss.

RIDDLER, GO AWAY LOL

~LV
The following 4 users Like erucysae's post:
  • Trenton, Tarikko, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper