#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Military Freezing Soldiers' Eggs and Sperm

02-05-2016, 07:39 PM #1
celle76
Justiciar
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/04/us/pol...c=rss&_r=1

Quote:WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter believes he has come up with a way to help the Pentagon retain troops: freezing sperm and eggs.

As part of an initiative to make military service more appealing and family friendly, Mr. Carter has created a pilot program that will pay for troops to have their reproductive cells preserved.

The goal is to give those in uniform the peace of mind that if they are hurt on the battlefield — hundreds of veterans suffered injuries to their reproductive organs in Iraq and Afghanistan — they would still be able to have children.

The program is also meant to encourage women to stay in the military during their 20s and 30s, a time when many leave after giving birth. By freezing their eggs, they will have the flexibility to remain deployed overseas or otherwise pursue their careers and put off having children.

The initiative is part of a series of measures that Mr. Carter has pushed to create what he calls “the force of the future.” He is worried that the military has not adapted enough to compete with top companies for millennials, who put a greater emphasis on work-life balance than did previous generations.

I read this and thought this has to be the ultimate scapegoat to start a clone army...! Paying a solider would be the easiest way to get consent for donation, while the military complex gets a % of the money paid. Genius!

The following 2 users Like celle76's post:
  • Tarikko, xoa.

02-05-2016, 07:45 PM #2
xoa.
Justiciar
This is a perfect morality issue. Cloning eh? 

It's so creepy. I can't imagine an exact replica of me. My clone would probably try to kill me. Tongue

A clone army - great to fight more wars.
This post was last modified: 02-05-2016, 07:46 PM by xoa..

"Our lives end when we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

An Arab poet said:

The vast ocean feels no harm
                  When the boy pitches into it a rock.
The following 2 users Like xoa.'s post:
  • Tarikko, celle76

02-05-2016, 09:30 PM #3
celle76
Justiciar
(02-05-2016, 07:45 PM)xoa. Wrote:  This is a perfect morality issue. Cloning eh? 

It's so creepy. I can't imagine an exact replica of me. My clone would probably try to kill me. Tongue

Predictive programming....plenty of movies with the same theme just masked from different perspective.
The following 1 user Likes celle76's post:
  • Tarikko

02-05-2016, 09:32 PM #4
xoa.
Justiciar
(02-05-2016, 09:30 PM)celle76 Wrote:  
(02-05-2016, 07:45 PM)xoa. Wrote:  This is a perfect morality issue. Cloning eh? 

Predictive programming....plenty of movies with the same theme just masked from different perspective.

Have you ever seen "the Island"? I'm sure that's about cloning/ pp. 

It's so weird. Nope nope nope.

"Our lives end when we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

An Arab poet said:

The following 1 user Likes xoa.'s post:
  • luna

02-05-2016, 09:48 PM #5
celle76
Justiciar
Yes I seen it!!

Quote from the article -Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter

Quote:The initiative is part of a series of measures that Mr. Carter has pushed to create what he calls “the force of the future.”

02-05-2016, 09:56 PM #6
xoa.
Justiciar
(02-05-2016, 09:48 PM)celle76 Wrote:  Yes I seen it!!

Quote from the article -Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter

Quote:The initiative is part of a series of measures that Mr. Carter has pushed to create what he calls “the force of the future.”

We watch stuff like at in school in RE when we discuss embryos and that. Great actors, but deep storyline. 

The force of the future? It'll be AI humans.

An Arab poet said:

04-09-2016, 04:52 PM #7
jesusknight
Peasant
Sounds like a sci-fi book I read many years ago called "The Eternity Brigade" by Stephen Goldin, where they wound up cloning soldiers so they would conveniently be on hand for a war if needed. Which, of course, they always were.
Rather creepy to see predictive stuff in old books..

04-09-2016, 07:28 PM #8
24theking
Knight

Haha  I would kill my clone first!! There can only be one super star!!  Smile Smile

When a king talks, people listen. 
The following 3 users Like 24theking's post:
  • The Winter Soldier, Tarikko, xoa.

04-10-2016, 03:37 PM #9
Riddler
Chaplain

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout ‘Save us!’ And I'll whisper ‘No
------------
----------------------------------------------
The following 2 users Like Riddler's post:
  • celle76, Tarikko

04-10-2016, 03:39 PM #10
xoa.
Justiciar
(04-09-2016, 07:28 PM)24theking Wrote:  

Haha  I would kill my clone first!! There can only be one super star!!  Smile Smile

Haha, I love that line. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, there can only be one superstar.

And it's me.  Big Grin

An Arab poet said:

The following 1 user Likes xoa.'s post:
  • The Winter Soldier