#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Buzzfeed Preppers article

02-05-2016, 12:47 PM #1
xoa.
Justiciar
Buzzfeed posted an article about what to do in times of financial crisis etc.

How creepy is that? Buzzfeed is one of the most influential site for teens and adults right now. More so teens. It has a hugeeeee audience. 

Are they hinting at something?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/annehelenpeterse....alDN4QYVo

"Our lives end when we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

An Arab poet said:

The vast ocean feels no harm
                  When the boy pitches into it a rock.
The following 2 users Like xoa.'s post:
  • largemarge, Trenton

02-05-2016, 12:49 PM #2
Lisa
Chaplain
(02-05-2016, 12:47 PM)xoa. Wrote:  Buzzfeed posted an article about what to do in times of financial crisis etc.

How creepy is that? Buzzfeed is one of the most influential site for teens and adults right now. More so teens. It has a hugeeeee audience. 

Maybe they ran out of other stuff to talk about?

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
The following 1 user Likes Lisa's post:
  • FlixKandish

02-05-2016, 12:55 PM #3
Trenton
Justiciar
(02-05-2016, 12:47 PM)xoa. Wrote:  Buzzfeed posted an article about what to do in times of financial crisis etc.

Hinting or not, I don't get why preppers are ridiculed. I should figure out what my family will do if something bad happens. I'm too much of a "go with the flow" guy. Flow and flood, however are different... Gotta buy some TP and canned food. Lol

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 1 user Likes Trenton's post:
  • Sidhuriel

02-05-2016, 12:55 PM #4
xoa.
Justiciar
(02-05-2016, 12:49 PM)Lisa Wrote:  

Maybe! 

What do you think of the whole idea of this? Prepping?

"Our lives end when we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

An Arab poet said:

02-05-2016, 12:57 PM #5
xoa.
Justiciar
(02-05-2016, 12:55 PM)Trenton Wrote:  

Hinting or not, I don't get why preppers are ridiculed. I should figure out what my family will do if something bad happens. I'm too much of a "go with the flow" guy. Flow and flood, however are different... Gotta buy some TP and canned food. Lol

Prepping is good. Having gold is good. Being ready is good. It's gonna be "be ready or die" very soon.

Have some cricket bats at the ready, lol!

An Arab poet said:

02-05-2016, 01:07 PM #6
Lisa
Chaplain
(02-05-2016, 12:55 PM)xoa. Wrote:  

Maybe! 

Well, my husband wants to open a prepper store and is big into prepping. I, however am not sure what I think if it all. Do I think there will be a crash someday-yes. When? I don't know. 

Do I think preparing now for something that may not happen for years a good idea-I don't know. 

Then there's God-where does faith in God come in? The dilemma is really if I prepare do I negate that God takes care of me and He is where I turn in times of trouble? Do I not prepare because I think God takes care of me when the trouble comes OR is God telling me in a way, by world events that maybe I should prepare for disaster? 

Haha! Or maybe I just have over thought the crap out of all this?

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
The following 2 users Like Lisa's post:
  • Trenton, Sidhuriel

02-05-2016, 01:10 PM #7
xoa.
Justiciar
(02-05-2016, 01:07 PM)Lisa Wrote:  

Maybe! 

Well, my husband wants to open a prepper store and is big into prepping. I, however am not sure what I think if it all. Do I think there will be a crash someday-yes. When? I don't know. 

Do I think preparing now for something that may not happen for years a good idea-I don't know. 

Then there's God-where does faith in God come in? The dilemma is really if I prepare do I negate that God takes care of me and He is where I turn in times of trouble? Do I not prepare because I think God takes care of me when the trouble comes OR is God telling me in a way, by world events that maybe I should prepare for disaster? 

That's so interesting that your other half is so into it! 

I like the idea of it, but it's hard to put it into practice. :Smile

Thanks for sharing your views Lisa.

An Arab poet said:

02-05-2016, 01:13 PM #8
Lisa
Chaplain
(02-05-2016, 01:10 PM)xoa. Wrote:  
(02-05-2016, 01:07 PM)Lisa Wrote:  

Maybe! 

That's so interesting that your other half is so into it! 

I like the idea of it, but it's hard to put it into practice. :Smile

Thanks for sharing your views Lisa.

Your welcome xoa Smile

You mean it's hard to collect the stuff you think you may need?

02-05-2016, 01:17 PM #9
xoa.
Justiciar
Yeah, but also like the fact you mentioned. When is it going to happen? Ie there any point in the end? God is the most knowledgeable after all, and will protect us. 

Obviously other factors come in as well such as storage, financial state, etc etc

An Arab poet said:

02-05-2016, 01:39 PM #10
Lisa
Chaplain
(02-05-2016, 01:17 PM)xoa. Wrote:  Yeah, but also like the fact you mentioned. When is it going to happen? Ie there any point in the end? God is the most knowledgeable after all, and will protect us. 

Obviously other factors come in as well such as storage, financial state, etc etc

My husband bought some food just in case and he says to me do you think we should try it? And I said well if things go that bad and we have to eat it then I will like it. Haha. The stuff lasts like 30 years. 

My thing is water-you can't save that much of it. So to me we are gonna have to rely on God anyway. 

Yes, do you use the money you have now to prep and you don't know when that day will come. When maybe you could have used it for something else instead?

The following 1 user Likes Lisa's post:
  • Sidhuriel