#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
How?

01-31-2016, 07:11 PM #1
damien50
Chaplain
So how does the Qur'an exactly connect to the old testament?  Typing from a phone sucks, more questions later.

I appreciate any replies given, keep it civil, and have Christianity out of it will cause issues.  Thanks and God bless

The Continuation of the Truth

Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord . [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
The following 4 users Like damien50's post:
  • Trenton, khadeejah, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

01-31-2016, 07:56 PM #2
The Creeper
Chaplain
That is a very broad question, it has me a little bit stumped on where to begin.

The Qur'an mentions a lot of people from the OT, Adam, Moses, Abraham, Solomon, Jonah, Noah (peace and blessings upon all of them) all of them are prophets of the One God. All of them submitted to him.

Jesus (pbuh) is also a prophet who is mentioned in the Qur'an, but if we are sticking to comparing the Qur'an and the OT. I don't think there will be much of a need to mention him. I can understand why you would want to leave him out of this, I am sick of the argueing about him as well. Its not what he would have wanted at all.

Im sure Yahda will love this thread when it gets going.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 6 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • celle76, Trenton, Tarikko, peacebeuponall, khadeejah, Thy Unveiling

01-31-2016, 09:21 PM #3
khadeejah
Chaplain
(01-31-2016, 07:11 PM)damien50 Wrote:  So how does the Qur'an exactly connect to the old testament?  Typing from a phone sucks, more questions later.

I appreciate any replies given, keep it civil, and have Christianity out of it will cause issues.  Thanks and God bless

Hi Damien,

Islam traces its roots to Prophet Abraham and his offspring.  Islam teaches that all of the Isrealite Prophets called to pure monotheism - the same message that Prophet Muhammad brought:  "Do not associate any partners with God, worship Him Alone and turn away from all false deities."     All of the  Isrealite prophets are also our prophets. 

The Children of Israel were the first nation to be representatives of God's true religion.  He made a covenant with them that they were to follow His laws and live on the earth as a nation in obedience and submission to Him.  They broke God's covenant, killed His prophets and failed as the flag bearers of God's true religion,  so that duty was passed to another nation  -  the sons of Ishmael.  

You may also be interested in perusing this  E-BOOK which contains the stories of many of the Old Testament Prophets as they are mentioned in the Quran.

The following 5 users Like khadeejah's post:
  • avc, Trenton, damien50, peacebeuponall, The Creeper

01-31-2016, 09:27 PM #4
Armas
Marshall
Hello Damien

I just want to mention a nice thought: The name Moosah (Moses) is mentioned in the Quran 136 times, while the name Muhammed is mentioned only 4 times Smile.

This fact really got me thinking. Why? It really shows how important is the story of Moosah and his people for everyone to learn.

By this fact I was just trying to show how relevant and connected the Quran is to the other books. Well of course it is because all the books are from the same source from the first place.
The following 6 users Like Armas's post:
  • Trenton, Tarikko, damien50, peacebeuponall, The Creeper, khadeejah

01-31-2016, 10:06 PM #5
Yahda
Chaplain
He declares his words to Jacob. His regulations and judgments ( Law) to Israel. He has NOT DONE SO with any other nation. They know NOTHING about his judgments Praise God.  ~ Psalms 147:20

~Yahda
The following 1 user Likes Yahda's post:
  • damien50

01-31-2016, 11:55 PM #6
damien50
Chaplain
I forgot I had even written this thread so, I appreciate the replies, and apologize for the late response.  Now...

Quote:The Qur'an mentions a lot of people from the OT, Adam, Moses, Abraham, Solomon, Jonah, Noah (peace and blessings upon all of them) all of them are prophets of the One God. All of them submitted to him.

I was partially trying to figure out where the mentioning of these notable figures stems from and how it made it's way into Islam.

Quote:Islam traces its roots to Prophet Abraham and his offspring.  Islam teaches that all of the Isrealite Prophets called to pure monotheism - the same message that Prophet Muhammad brought:  "Do not associate any partners with God, worship Him Alone and turn away from all false deities."     All of the  Isrealite prophets are also our prophets. 

The Children of Israel were the first nation to be representatives of God's true religion.  He made a covenant with them that they were to follow His laws and live on the earth as a nation in obedience and submission to Him.  They broke God's covenant, killed His prophets and failed as the flag bearers of God's true religion,  so that duty was passed to another nation  -  the sons of Ishmael.  

You may also be interested in perusing this  E-BOOK which contains the stories of many of the Old Testament Prophets as they are mentioned in the Quran.

This is actually getting me closer to what I was looking for.  Thanks

Quote:By this fact I was just trying to show how relevant and connected the Quran is to the other books. Well of course it is because all the books are from the same source from the first place.

Well I seek to learn the roots and origins of all the major religions, informed decisions and all.

Quote:He declares his words to Jacob. His regulations and judgments ( Law) to Israel. He has NOT DONE SO with any other nation. They know NOTHING about his judgments Praise God.  ~ Psalms 147:20

You have presented something of much significance to me that I had not know before.  Thank you very much.

So from the perspective of Islam, the Qu'ran was given through narration to the Muhammad via the angel Gabriel?  So feel free to correct me if I am wrong on that

So then why, from the perspective of Islam of course, why did God choose to give essentially his third testament to Muhammad?

The Continuation of the Truth

Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord . [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
The following 2 users Like damien50's post:
  • Trenton, The Creeper

02-01-2016, 12:20 AM #7
The Creeper
Chaplain
(01-31-2016, 11:55 PM)damien50 Wrote:  So from the perspective of Islam, the Qu'ran was given through narration to the Muhammad via the angel Gabriel?  So feel free to correct me if I am wrong on that

That seems pretty spot on to me

So then why, from the perspective of Islam of course, why did God choose to give essentially his third testament to Muhammad?

To place a seal over and confirm previous scripture. And because God promised to make Ishmael into a great nation, but I believe khadeejah has already adressed that point.

(5:48)
And We have revealed to you, [O Muúammad], the Book in truth, confirming that which preceded it of the Scripture and as a criterion over it. So judge between them by what Allah has revealed and do not follow their inclinations away from what has come to you of the truth. To each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He intended] to test you in what He has given you; so race to [all that is] good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will [then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 5 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Trenton, Kung Fu, Tarikko, khadeejah, Armas

02-01-2016, 12:31 AM #8
Armas
Marshall
(01-31-2016, 11:55 PM)damien50 Wrote:  So from the perspective of Islam, the Qu'ran was given through narration to the Muhammad via the angel Gabriel?  So feel free to correct me if I am wrong on that

That is correct.

(01-31-2016, 11:55 PM)damien50 Wrote:  So then why, from the perspective of Islam of course, why did God choose to give essentially his third testament to Muhammad?

As The Creeper said. Also the prophet said in a narration that he was meant to be the last prophet on earth even before the creation of Adam.
The following 5 users Like Armas's post:
  • Trenton, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, Tarikko, khadeejah

02-01-2016, 12:36 AM #9
khadeejah
Chaplain
(01-31-2016, 11:55 PM)damien50 Wrote:  Well I seek to learn the roots and origins of all the major religions, informed decisions and all.

May God guide you in your search.   This is what God says in the Quran about the origins of religions other than His true religion:

Mankind were one community  (Meaning: on one religion) and Allah sent Prophets with glad tidings and warnings, and with them He sent the Scripture in truth to judge between people in matters wherein they differed. And only those to whom (the Scripture) was given differed concerning it after clear proofs had come unto them through hatred, one to another. Then Allah by His Leave guided those who believed to the truth of that wherein they differed. And Allah guides whom He wills to a Straight Path.

And We certainly sent into every nation a messenger, [saying], "Worship Allah and avoid false deities." And among them were those whom Allah guided, and among them were those upon whom error was [deservedly] decreed. So proceed through the earth and observe how was the end of the deniers.

And We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming that which preceded it of the Scripture and as a criterion over it. So judge between them by what Allah has revealed and do not follow their inclinations away from what has come to you of the truth. To each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He intended] to test you in what He has given you; so race to [all that is] good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will [then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ.

I wrote this post a while back on the same topic:  http://vigilantcitizen.com/forums/Thread...4#pid10114

The following 4 users Like khadeejah's post:
  • Trenton, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, Tarikko

02-01-2016, 01:01 AM #10
Yahda
Chaplain
One of the last things that God said was: 

Malachi 4:4 " Remember the Laws of Moses..." 

Malachi 4:5 " I will send to you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord and he will turn the hearts of the fathers back to the sons and the hearts of the son back towards the father so that I may not come and strike the earth devoting it to destruction."

The End.

Btw the purpose of my comments are always as follows. It's what he said, she said, what you think, what you believe, what you want to believe......but what did GOD say ? I was thinking maybe some people would like to know. I don't mean any harm.
This post was last modified: 02-01-2016, 01:04 AM by Yahda.

~Yahda
The following 2 users Like Yahda's post:
  • MissMiami, peacebeuponall