#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Make Up vibes ~

01-28-2016, 10:13 AM #1
xoa.
Justiciar
Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce, the ultimate Make Up thread, by yours truly.  Wink

Here, anyone can post a question regarding beauty, make up, skincare and tips and tricks! 

Sister Serendipity, this one is for you!  Heart

My first question for those who want to take part: 

What is your favourite brand of make up or beauty product?  Smile

I'll be posting inspiration pics soon as well!

"Our lives end when we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

An Arab poet said:

The vast ocean feels no harm
                  When the boy pitches into it a rock.
The following 5 users Like xoa.'s post:
  • koon.mary-jane, Thy Unveiling, Trenton, khadeejah, Serendipity

01-28-2016, 12:15 PM #2
Serendipity
Justiciar
Aww. A make up thread, finally! :')

I'm in a bit of a rush at the moment but I couldn't not post here.

I will post some of my favourite products later tonight hopefully.

Looking forward to your posts xoa <3
This post was last modified: 01-28-2016, 12:15 PM by Serendipity.

"Happiness only real when shared" - Christopher McCandless
The following 3 users Like Serendipity's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, khadeejah, xoa.

01-28-2016, 12:47 PM #3
xoa.
Justiciar
Thanks Sister Serendipity! I'll be sure to make this thread as glam as can be. 

This is also THE place for make up memes..  Tongue

"Our lives end when we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

An Arab poet said:

The following 5 users Like xoa.'s post:
  • Annonymous Damsel, Thy Unveiling, Trenton, Serendipity, khadeejah

01-30-2016, 04:57 PM #4
Serendipity
Justiciar
Hey there xoa., sorry for the very late reply but I had a very busy weekend (its over now, sigh..).

Will be posting some of my favourite products tomorrow as it is late now and I should head to bed. Smile

Have a great weekend since it is still not over for you.  Cry
This post was last modified: 01-30-2016, 04:57 PM by Serendipity.

The following 1 user Likes Serendipity's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

01-30-2016, 06:41 PM #5
xoa.
Justiciar
(01-30-2016, 04:57 PM)Serendipity Wrote:  Hey there xoa., sorry for the very late reply but I had a very busy weekend (its over now, sigh..).

Will be posting some of my favourite products tomorrow as it is late now and I should head to bed. Smile

Have a great weekend since it is still not over for you.  Cry

....Are you from down under?  Smile  IF SO, THAT IS AMAAAAZING. 

Aww, thank you and I can't wait to see the ultimate list of fave products. Have a good week ahead my dear sister.  Heart 

Peace and blessings. x

An Arab poet said:

The following 1 user Likes xoa.'s post:
  • Thy Unveiling

01-31-2016, 01:50 PM #6
Serendipity
Justiciar
Down under as in where? :p

So, these are some of fav products so far:

-Foundation:  Lancome.There is also the cushion one from Lancome: (But I still prefer the liquid one)

-Eyebrows kit: Anastasia Beverly Hills. This is like the best thing I have ever bought. 

-Contour kit: Anastasia Beverly Hills. I have never personally tried it (I don't know how to contour yet but will definitely be learning very soon!)

-Mascara: 'Better Than Sex' by Two faced - Sephora (Funnily enough, it is called 'Better Than Love' where I live  Big Grin) but it certainly lives up to its name  Tongue

-Eye shadow: Naked Palettes by Urban Decay are the sh*t! Best thing to have ever been made  Cry

-Eye liner: Tom Ford eye defining liquid liner pen

-Blush: Mac (There a lot of different colours  to choose from, it certainly depends on the skin colour and/or the occasion).

-Bronzer: Hoola by Benefit. Best one I have tried so far.

-Lipstick: All Mac Lipsticks, I'm obsessed with their lipsticks. I prefer the Matte ones though. My favourite colour by far is this one, it is called Mehr:

So this is it. I am by no means the makeup expert but I do manage. Looking forward to learning from you xoa. x

01-31-2016, 03:12 PM #7
xoa.
Justiciar
Lol, I meant Australia! 

Omg, Anastasia Beverly Hills.. (drools)  Heart  I need the powder contour kit in my life. 

I own a Mac Lipstick called "Brave". It smells divine but I love rose nude colours. I'm not a bright colour lipstick girl. Not even a lipstick girl. It's all about the lipgloss.  Cool

I taught myself make up but I ain't no MUA. However, I really want to go to an Illamasqua make up class. 

I love Naked 3! It's sooooo pretty. Make up is all about enhancing what you already have.  Wink

I'll post some inspo pics soon x

An Arab poet said:

The following 2 users Like xoa.'s post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Serendipity

01-31-2016, 03:52 PM #8
Serendipity
Justiciar
(01-31-2016, 03:12 PM)xoa. Wrote:  Lol, I meant Australia! 

Omg, Anastasia Beverly Hills.. (drools)  Heart  I need the powder contour kit in my life. 

I own a Mac Lipstick called "Brave". It smells divine but I love rose nude colours. I'm not a bright colour lipstick girl. Not even a lipstick girl. It's all about the lipgloss.  Cool

I taught myself make up but I ain't no MUA. However, I really want to go to an Illamasqua make up class. 

I love Naked 3! It's sooooo pretty. Make up is all about enhancing what you already have.  Wink

I'll post some inspo pics soon x

Oh no, I live in the UAE. Way far from Australia.

I'm a lipstick girl :p I never use lipgloss since I don't like the shine so I prefer Matte lipsticks.

I hate to admit it but YouTube videos tutorials do help. 

I'm not sure you know who HudaBeauty is but she came here to Dubai and gave some makeup classes, they were really helpful. Look her up if you want to.
This post was last modified: 01-31-2016, 04:22 PM by Serendipity.

01-31-2016, 04:12 PM #9
xoa.
Justiciar
I like Huda, but her sister Mona is so sweet!  Smile

My love for Dubai... no one understands.  Rolleyes

Here's a few inspo pics of what I like:

I like that glowy, bronzed look. Nothing too bold.

An Arab poet said:

The following 1 user Likes xoa.'s post:
  • Serendipity

02-02-2016, 01:55 AM #10
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I think it's amazing what some people can do with makeup! I actually admire those girls who can do the whole anime/doll thing! I admit, its slightly disturbing when they talk and move because its like "WOAH!!! OH! Right! You're a real person!"

I know a couple girls who really know their stuff and take their time with their hair, makeup and all that, and they look amazing! but I'm impatient and also don't really have the time. As it is, it probably takes me about 15-30 minutes putting on my face, depending on if I'm going full arsenal (play up the eyes plus the basics) or just the basics (even out the skin tone and some mascara.)

I like the smokey eyed look, but I can't seem to get it right. So I've given up. Besides, my eyes seem to look extra red when I wear dark shadows. Wink I think I've found almost a good combination that I like.

Sephora and MAC are out of my budget. I usually get Hard Candy cuz most of it is free from animal testing, its affordable, it works good, and I like how a lot of their stuff sparkles. Who doesn't love being a bit sparkly? I got one of my more glam friends hooked on Hard Candy eyeshadows because of that bit of glimmer.

I was using Organic Wear for a while, when my budget was more free. I loved that stuff! It worked well, made my skin feel amazing, and it didn't feel like I was wearing any makeup at all! I'd probably switch back to it again if I could afford to.

Wet & Wild is another one that has some decent products at decent prices and is also free from animal testing.

Not a lipstick fan. Lipgloss addict! I find that Lip Smackers or stuff with cartoon characters usually tastes and smells the best. Every once in a while I strike gold and find Reese's flavoured lipgloss. And then I don't want to use it because it's so precious to me. I once found some Apple Bottoms nailpolish and lipgloss. I loved it! The nailpolish lasted a good while, and the lipgloss tasted so yummy and looked so good! I have a bit left and don't want to use it. I've never seen this stuff in stores since Sad

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 1 user Likes Thy Unveiling's post:
  • The Creeper