#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
How to stop swearing?

01-26-2016, 07:29 PM #1
xoa.
Justiciar
My VC fam, I need help.

I have the foulest mouth ever, and it's starting to get embarrassing and pathetic. 

How can I stop myself from swearing all the time?! 

It happens more at home than anywhere else. HELP ME PLEASE.  Sad

"Our lives end when we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

An Arab poet said:

The vast ocean feels no harm
                  When the boy pitches into it a rock.
The following 8 users Like xoa.'s post:
  • TonyVanDam, The Creeper, Trenton, Goku, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko, khadeejah, Scimitar

01-26-2016, 07:48 PM #2
Trenton
Justiciar
Better watch your fucking language.

Whoops.

Lol I'll be of no help. Wink

It's a struggle for many of us, I'm sure. Ha-ha.

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 9 users Like Trenton's post:
  • X-Maverick, Floss, The Creeper, Annonymous Damsel, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko, khadeejah, cameronjcw, xoa.

01-26-2016, 07:50 PM #3
Lisa
Chaplain
(01-26-2016, 07:29 PM)xoa. Wrote:  My VC fam, I need help.

I have the foulest mouth ever, and it's starting to get embarrassing and pathetic. 

Ask your god to help you if you have one. (Sorry, I think you may have said you are a muslim but I can't remember.)

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
The following 4 users Like Lisa's post:
  • The Creeper, Tarikko, xoa., khadeejah

01-26-2016, 08:04 PM #4
xoa.
Justiciar
Loool, thanks T!  Wink

And thank you Lisa, good suggestion and you are correct. I will do tonight!  Smile

"Our lives end when we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

An Arab poet said:

The following 6 users Like xoa.'s post:
  • The Creeper, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko, khadeejah, Lisa, Trenton

01-26-2016, 08:22 PM #5
cameronjcw
Justiciar

As somebody who has had many years of being reprimanded for swearing so much from other people I say fuck them! Nothing worse than swearing, swearing is a way of offloading which is a lot better than being violent, swearing can actually be a positive thing, again as someone who has dealt with chronic pain for years I know that swearing helps coping with pain and its actually been scientifically proven!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoalgesi...f_swearing

I still swear a lot now years later and almost 40 but not quite as much, I think. Try not to do it in front of children but anybody else can go fuck themselves lol and I do think I tend to save it up for when am really in pain or really really angry then its just a torrent of abuse :o

I do have some replacement words for swearing which I use when I am trying not to swear or be polite if I really have to but I think they sound better scottish:

Shit = Shengis

For fucks sake = for falling out a window (windae)

Bastard - Barsteward

Cunt - cfrrruusshhhaaaagghh
The following 8 users Like cameronjcw's post:
  • Corvus Metus, The Creeper, Goku, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko, khadeejah, Scimitar, Trenton

01-26-2016, 08:24 PM #6
Scimitar
Grand Commander
(01-26-2016, 08:22 PM)cameronjcw Wrote:  Shit = Shengis

Shengis could work for me... but only because Genghis was such a cfrrruusshhhaaaagghh

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 6 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • The Creeper, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko, khadeejah, cameronjcw, Trenton

01-26-2016, 08:56 PM #7
xoa.
Justiciar

I'm Scottish too! I'm crying at for falling out a window! I'll defo be using that one.

An Arab poet said:

The following 8 users Like xoa.'s post:
  • The Creeper, Goku, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko, Trenton, cameronjcw, khadeejah, Scimitar

01-26-2016, 09:42 PM #8
khadeejah
Chaplain
(01-26-2016, 07:50 PM)Lisa Wrote:  

Ask your god to help you if you have one. (Sorry, I think you may have said you are a muslim but I can't remember.)

Her God is Almighty God who revealed the Torah the Gospel and Quran.  God of all the Prophets including Moses and Jesus.  Your God  -  One God -  Creator of all that exists.   I hope you will realize that one day.  It would make it so much more pleasant to interact with you on these forums. 

Anyhow, The tips here are flippin hilarious!  Especially Cam, I nearly fell off my chair!   And that's my exchange word:  flippin  -  flippen' dippin' and flippy dippy.  And  sheist (rhymes with heist)
This post was last modified: 01-26-2016, 09:42 PM by khadeejah.

The following 7 users Like khadeejah's post:
  • The Creeper, Scimitar, Riddler, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko, Trenton, xoa.

01-26-2016, 09:52 PM #9
Lisa
Chaplain
(01-26-2016, 09:42 PM)khadeejah Wrote:  
(01-26-2016, 07:50 PM)Lisa Wrote:  

Her God is Almighty God who revealed the Torah the Gospel and Quran.  God of all the Prophets including Moses and Jesus.  Your God  -  One God -  Creator of all that exists.   I hope you will realize that one day.  It would make it so much more pleasant to interact with you on these forums. 

Anyhow, The tips here are flippin hilarious!  Especially Cam, I nearly fell off my chair!   And that's my exchange word:  flippin  -  flippen' dippin' and flippy dippy.  And  sheist (rhymes with heist)

If you read Khadeejah, I said I was sorry that I couldn't remember if she was a muslim or not. Haha why try to turn this thread into another debate off topic? Xoa really wants some advice to help her.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
The following 5 users Like Lisa's post:
  • The Creeper, Scimitar, Goku, Hex, FlixKandish

01-26-2016, 09:56 PM #10
khadeejah
Chaplain
(01-26-2016, 09:52 PM)Lisa Wrote:  If you read Khadeejah, I said I was sorry that I couldn't remember if she was a muslim or not. Haha why try to turn this thread into another debate off topic? Xoa really wants some advice to help her.

I sure did read it Lisa and you told her to pray to "her god" as if He is different then the true God.  No debating, just stating facts.    

And I gave some advice  -  but your advice was the best of all (really).  

Since I see there are many pleasantries being spread around here - I bid you a good night and to all the VCF' ers  (oh no that sounds to close to a swear word).
This post was last modified: 01-26-2016, 09:57 PM by khadeejah.

The following 7 users Like khadeejah's post:
  • peacebeuponall, The Creeper, Scimitar, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko, cameronjcw, Trenton