#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Theories of reality!?

01-26-2016, 11:03 AM #1
cameronjcw
Justiciar
We all have our own theories about reality, think most people here it would be something they do actively think about a lot. Obviously opinions will differ depending on your own beliefs.

For me one of the possible theories of reality is the computer simulation, that we are just a slightly more advanced version of the sims. I was thinking about this last night when I was trying to get to sleep (as you do!) and contemplating the whole computer simulation thing the idea that as well as a simulation maybe it really is just like the sims but maybe each of us or maybe just some of us who are active players in the game are are being played as a virtual reality type game, like there is somebody outside of us in the real world wearing virtual reality and they are the ones making all the real choices and experiencing it as if they are us and we just think we are real, meh anyway it would be interesting to ear other peoples theories on reality. Although my thoughts on it change from time to time it still mostly is based on the computer simulation model for me.

So what are others views? Obviously people who are religious believe that the world was created by god in whatever form he/she comes in for them and thats fine but aside from the religious model what do you think reality is!? No offence to believers but you do have your own whole forum and this isnt in it, if thats ok! Not so insult anybody or anybodys faith or beliefs but it would just be nice to have non religious views on this one!? :o
The following 6 users Like cameronjcw's post:
  • Trenton, Goku, Serendipity, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, Sidhuriel

01-26-2016, 11:25 AM #2
Todd
Chaplain
I used to think all the time, what if the world is just a simulation built just for me and all the people including my family and friends are all just simulations?  Or what if this is all just one long dream and tomorrow I'm going to wake up and be either a 10 year old kid or a 90 year old on his death bed?  

Been a while since I've had those thoughts....thanks for bringing them back up Angry (j/k it;s all good  Big Grin )

Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did
The following 6 users Like Todd's post:
  • Loki, Trenton, cameronjcw, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, Tarikko

01-26-2016, 01:13 PM #3
Goku
Chaplain
The Nature of Reality is something philosophers have been pondering since the beginning of our existence.

I guess it's nice to see what theories people have, I'll share 2.

1. We've always existed. Our 'Soul', or true 'Self' consciously exists within a 2D space as a part of an Infinite Being(God), we're then brought into this 3D space via sexual reproduction, our 'Soul/Self' is given a vessel to experience this temporary, material 3D reality. We forget our previous experience due to a transition in dimensions, this links to death. Once we die, we then traverse into a 4th or 5th dimension reality where our journey continues (potentially becoming apart of the Infinite Being again?), again, forgetting our previous experiences. We're unable to comprehend these dimensions as it's not within our mental capacity/scope, we can only speculate.

2. The Big Bang (potentially a conscious event if started by 'God') created a 3D reality within a 4D space, in which everything we know it exists. Humans and Animals are nothing special and are just random creations from particles of dust banged together by the guided hand of Gravity, and over time have adapted/evolved into different things and now we're here in the present. They say our galaxy will eventually collide with it's neighbour so we may be wiped out and cease to exist eventually and that's just the Nature of The Universe which we have no say or power in, the same goes with the Sun dying out.

I'm still not sure if we exist in a single Universe or if there is a Multiverse.

That's my 2 cents anyway, I like the Simulation Theory but if that was the case I'm sure the Creators would change the simulation as soon as someone figured it out.
This post was last modified: 01-26-2016, 06:11 PM by Goku.

"If people don't want you to question something, that probably means you should question it." - Michel Templet

The following 7 users Like Goku's post:
  • Loki, Trenton, cameronjcw, Serendipity, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, Hex

01-26-2016, 01:30 PM #4
truthordare
Marshall
i did 3 x massive hits from a dmt pipe and i  knew reality instantly,
i made it myself from a tree root (mimosa hostilis). it did not harm my body, mind or most importantly, those around me. how is that wrong? i know too much about the ancient mysteries, modern life is pretty mundane, it wasn't meant to be this way, i caught a glimpse. the blue ladies welcomed me with open arms and i suddenly knew. everything we are taught is bullshit.
The following 5 users Like truthordare's post:
  • Trenton, cameronjcw, Goku, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

01-26-2016, 01:52 PM #5
The Creeper
Chaplain
(01-26-2016, 01:30 PM)truthordare Wrote:  i did 3 x massive hits from a dmt pipe and i  knew reality instantly,
i made it myself from a tree root (mimosa hostilis). it did not harm my body, mind or most importantly, those around me. how is that wrong? i know too much about the ancient mysteries, modern life is pretty mundane, it wasn't meant to be this way, i caught a glimpse. the blue ladies welcomed me with open arms and i suddenly knew. everything we are taught is bullshit.

That sounds heavy man. Watch out for those blue ladies, they can be trouble.

The weird thing is, I am deadly serious.

Goku Wrote:They say our galaxy will eventually collide with it's neighbour so we may be wiped out and cease to exist eventually and that's just the Nature of The Universe which we have no say or power in, the same goes with the Sun dying out.

We are set on a collision course with the Andromeda galaxy. Its just a bit of galactic cannibalism, it happens all the time. It will be chaos for a while but the end result is just a bigger galaxy, there are traces of smaller galexies that have been eaten by the Milky way as well, but Andromeda is bigger than us.

When the sun expands into a red dwarf might be the last day that was prophesised. Mountains crumbling, oceans boiling, the sky being torn apart, everything on Earth is guaranteed to be dead afterwards, it makes a certain kind of sense to me.

According to science these things won't be happening for millions of years though.

I'm still not sure if we exist in a single Universe or if there is a Multiverse.

I have often thought its a multiverse, that way everything that can happen will happen. I have thought about it a lot over the years.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 6 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Tarikko, Trenton, cameronjcw, Serendipity, Goku, Thy Unveiling

01-26-2016, 02:44 PM #6
Goku
Chaplain
(01-26-2016, 01:30 PM)truthordare Wrote:  i did 3 x massive hits from a dmt pipe and i  knew reality instantly,

This may not be the thread for it but I'd love for your in-depth explanation on what happened during your DMT experience.

Who are the Blue Ladies you and Creeper refer too?

"If people don't want you to question something, that probably means you should question it." - Michel Templet

The following 3 users Like Goku's post:
  • Trenton, cameronjcw, The Creeper

01-26-2016, 02:46 PM #7
Scimitar
Grand Commander
All that we see, or seem, is nowt but a dream within a dream - Spike Milligan

Big Grin

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 5 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Tarikko, Trenton, cameronjcw, Goku, The Creeper

01-26-2016, 02:50 PM #8
Goku
Chaplain
(01-26-2016, 01:52 PM)The Creeper Wrote:  We are set on a collision course with the Andromeda galaxy. Its just a bit of galactic cannibalism, it happens all the time. It will be chaos for a while but the end result is just a bigger galaxy, there are traces of smaller galexies that have been eaten by the Milky way as well, but Andromeda is bigger than us.

When the sun expands into a red dwarf might be the last day that was prophesised. Mountains crumbling, oceans boiling, the sky being torn apart, everything on Earth is guaranteed to be dead afterwards, it makes a certain kind of sense to me.

According to science these things won't be happening for millions of years though.

I have often thought its a multiverse, that way everything that can happen will happen. I have thought about it a lot over the years.

That's what I mean, there are galactic events we have no power over.

What if we're meant to be wiped out, like the dinosaurs, to create an atmosphere that creates even greater/more evolved beings than ourselves? Those million/billion years are but a small span of the life of the Universe.

Crazy stuffs.

Edit: The Multiverse Theory would be awesome if true, that way we all know that somewhere out there, there is a better/worse/different version of you where things went a completely different way, as Serendipity said, even a Universe where we don't exist - the hardest thing for us to comprehend is non-existence and it is one of the major factors to fearing Death.

However at present, we only have evidence of our own and I highly doubt we'll find out in our lifetime.
This post was last modified: 01-26-2016, 04:12 PM by Goku.

The following 3 users Like Goku's post:
  • Trenton, cameronjcw, The Creeper

01-26-2016, 02:55 PM #9
Scimitar
Grand Commander
If it was supposed to happen, bilions of years say we are kinda safe.

I believe that we are under God's protection from the elements in space. All under HIS will.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 4 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Tarikko, Trenton, cameronjcw, The Creeper

01-26-2016, 02:59 PM #10
The Creeper
Chaplain
(01-26-2016, 02:44 PM)Goku Wrote:  

This may not be the thread for it but I'd love for your in-depth explanation on what happened during your DMT experience.

Who are the Blue Ladies you and Creeper refer too?

There are some old threads I can dig up...

I made a thread called the psychedelic experience thread or something specifically so I could compare things ive seen while tripping with other things people have seen while tripping to see if we could find any similarities.

There is also a thread all about DMT.

I have seen blue people, I think they are jinn. Not the worst or most evil jinn going, but still jinn and not to be trusted.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 5 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Tarikko, Thy Unveiling, Trenton, Goku, cameronjcw