#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The Old Serpent Chained: the Darkness of Times Past

01-25-2016, 06:47 PM #1
Artful Revealer
Chaplain
A great read for all people of the book. Still a good read for those who are not.

by Son of Man

Table of Contents

Part I The Darkness Of Times Past
Part II The Faithful & True Word of God Warrior
Part III The Earth Reaped—Into The Father’s Marvelous Light

Part I

The Darkness of Times Past

One major thesis of the New Testament gospel of Christianity is that the greatest scheme of the Wicked One is not to convert the world to atheism, but rather to deceive the whole world into believing that he is God— and indeed the only God that must be worshipped.

2 Thessalonians 2:

[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
[4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

The book of Revelation likewise warns that the devil will come to the earth and with great wrath, because he knows that he has only a short time (Rev:12:12). After this great deception takes place and those who are condemned along with the Wicked One by their works of iniquity to his service, then shall Christ appear to save his elect.

2 Thessalonians 2:

[8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

2 Timothy 4:

[8] Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

It is therefore another important thesis of the New Testament that one should not believe every spirit but rather try the spirits whether they really are of God, i.e. of a holy spirit.

1 John 4:

[1] Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

To try the spirits, Jesus the Christ also taught that the body of evil is darkness.

Luke 11:

[34] The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.

1 John 1:

[5] This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

1 John 2:11

[11] But he that hateth his brother is in darkness,

Ephesians 5:

[11] And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

1 Peter 2:

[9] But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Hence throughout the New Testament there is a strong emphasis of darkness being associated with evil and light being associated with righteousness. In the book of Revelation, the Devil is also described as the old serpent that deceives the whole world.

Revelation 12:9

[9] And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

How can the old serpent, called the Devil, deceive the whole world? It would only stand to reason that such a world-wide deception must already have its roots firmly planted. The New Testament foretells several warning signs in the book of Revelation so that when the future deceiver attempts to convince the world that he is God, the faithful of Christ may recognize him. But what if these same warning signs could also be used to recognize the deceiver had he already succeeded in deceiving the world in the past?

In the New Testament the Wicked one is foretold to be consumed by the spirit of the Lord’s mouth, and in the visions of the book of Revelation the Lord appears as having a sharp two-edged sword coming out of his mouth.

Revelation 1:

[16] And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Jesus also taught that his coming was not to bring peace to the earth, but rather that he came to send a sword.

Matthew 10:

[34] Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

The sword is the word of truth which comes from the Lord’s mouth, also known as the sword of the Spirit and the word of God.

Hebrews 4:

[12] For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

In the book of Revelation, the first beast is described as having a deadly wound by a sword, yet it was healed.

Revelation 13:

[3] And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed:

[12] And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

According to the book of Revelation, the future deceiver also exercises all the power of the first beast. But what, particularly, is the power of the future deceiver?

Revelation 13:

[13] And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
[14] And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Thus the book of Revelation provides two useful clues. The deceiver makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, and he causes those who dwell on earth to worship the image of the
first beast.

In the four gospels of the New Testament there is only one mention of the power to call fire down from heaven.

Luke 9:

[53] And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
[54] And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
[55] But Jesus turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

Jesus warned his disciples when they wanted to call fire down from heaven and consume those who did not receive him, that they were not of the spirit of the Father. Therefore another clue is provided in the New Testament since the disciples James and John remind us that Elias, or Elijah of the Old Testament, called fire down from heaven to consume those who did not accept him. A further investigation of the Old Testament reveals that in fact there were numerous instances of fire coming down from heaven – to consume those people who resisted the LORD and God of the Old Testament.

Numbers 11:

[1] And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.

1 Kings 18:

[37] Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.
[38] Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
[39] And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.
[40] And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.

2 Kings 1:

[10] And Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.

The only proof which Elijah gave in the Old Testament that he was a man of God was the power to call fire down from heaven in the sight of men. However, this power was rebuked by Jesus as not being of the spirit of the Father, and in fact is taught by Revelation:13:13 to be the very tool the false prophet uses to deceive the whole world. Hence the reason the false prophet can succeed at deceiving the world, despite the warning given by the book of Revelation, is because that same power was used by Elijah in the Old Testament to prove that he was a man of God, and whose testimony is accepted by both Jew and Judeo-Christian.

So how is it possible to tell the deceiver from a man of God? Jesus made it clear to his disciples James and John that the power to call fire down from heaven was not of the spirit of his Father. However, even if there is ambiguity in the power to call down fire from heaven, the book of Revelation also warns that the deceiver would cause those who dwell on the earth to worship the image of the beast. Nowhere in the New Testament did Jesus or his disciples make any image which they caused others to worship. However, an investigation into the Old Testament reveals that Moses made a brass image of a serpent, and those who did not “behold” the image of the brass serpent were killed.

Numbers 21:

[4] And they journeyed from mount Hor by the way of the Red sea, to compass the land of Edom: and the soul of the people was much discouraged because of the way.
[5] And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread.
[6] And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
[7] Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people.
[8] And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.
[9] And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

This is the second clue which the book of Revelation provides to warn of the future deceiver – that he would cause those that dwell on the earth to worship the image of the beast, and he had power to cause that “as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed” (Revelation:13:15). Again, how can the deceiver succeed in causing the earth to worship the image of the beast? Because once again, in the Old Testament, it is clearly what Moses has the people of Israel do at the command of his God, and the testimony of Moses is accepted by both Jew and Judeo-Christian. Hence there appears to be some ambiguity regarding the signs given of the future deceiver in the New Testament, because they seem to mirror the events of the actions undertaken by the LORD and God of the Old Testament. Is this coincidence? Or is the New Testament in fact specifically and intentionally exposing the LORD and God of the Old Testament to be the very future deceiver warned by the book of Revelation?

The book of Revelation also describes the Devil as the old serpent. Moses is instructed by the LORD of the Old Testament to make the image of a serpent of brass and those who “beheld” the image were spared their lives if they were bitten by the fiery serpents which the LORD sent in his anger, because they complained of hunger. Perhaps we need to investigate further the incidents which led to such a tragedy. The cause of the people’s discontent was their hunger and thirst, and they also found the path taken to be very discouraging (Numbers:21:5). Possibly such complaining could be considered ungrateful had the people’s needs been answered prior to this incident, but such was not the case.

Numbers 20:

[5] And wherefore have ye made us to come up out of Egypt, to bring us in unto this evil place? it is no place of seed, or of figs, or of vines, or of pomegranates; neither is there any water to drink.

Numbers 11:

[4] And the mixt multitude that was among them fell a lusting: and the children of Israel also wept again, and said, Who shall give us flesh to eat?
[5] We remember the fish, which we did eat in Egypt freely; the cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlick:
[6] But now our soul is dried away: there is nothing at all, beside this manna, before our eyes.
[7] And the manna was as coriander seed, and the colour thereof as the colour of bdellium.
[8] And the people went about, and gathered it, and ground it in mills, or beat it in a mortar, and baked it in pans, and made cakes of it: and the taste of it was as the taste of fresh oil.
[9] And when the dew fell upon the camp in the night, the manna fell upon it.
[10] Then Moses heard the people weep throughout their families, every man in the door of his tent: and the anger of the LORD was kindled greatly; Moses also was displeased.
[11] And Moses said unto the LORD, Wherefore hast thou afflicted thy servant? and wherefore have I not found favour in thy sight, that thou layest the burden of all this people upon me?
[12] Have I conceived all this people? have I begotten them, that thou shouldest say unto me, Carry them in thy bosom, as a nursing father beareth the sucking child, unto the land which thou swarest unto their fathers?
[13] Whence should I have flesh to give unto all this people? for they weep unto me, saying, Give us flesh, that we may eat.
[14] I am not able to bear all this people alone, because it is too heavy for me.
[15] And if thou deal thus with me, kill me, I pray thee, out of hand, if I have found favour in thy sight; and let me not see my wretchedness.

[21] And Moses said, The people, among whom I am, are six hundred thousand footmen; and thou hast said, I will give them flesh, that they may eat a whole month.
[22] Shall the flocks and the herds be slain for them, to suffice them? or shall all the fish of the sea be gathered together for them, to suffice them?
[23] And the LORD said unto Moses, Is the LORD's hand waxed short? thou shalt see now whether my word shall come to pass unto thee or not.

Thus, the LORD promised Moses that they would be given flesh for a whole month. This is important because the word of God is the truth and cannot be broken.

Numbers 11:

[31] And there went forth a wind from the LORD, and brought quails from the sea, and let them fall by the camp, as it were a day's journey on this side, and as it were a day's journey on the other side, round about the camp, and as it were two cubits high upon the face of the earth.

[33] And while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was chewed, the wrath of the LORD was kindled against the people, and the LORD smote the people with a very great plague.
[34] And he called the name of that place Kibroth-hattaavah: because there they buried the people that hungered.

Therefore, the LORD of the Old Testament fulfilled a false promise to Moses and the people. Moses clearly believed the LORD would have fed them meat for a whole month. Yet, within a few days the people died of a plague which the LORD caused from eating of the same meat which the LORD himself had provided for them. If we examine the New Testament teachings of Jesus, we find that Jesus was able to miraculously feed the multitudes who followed him, whose numbers were also in the thousands. Whether intentionally or coincidentally, they were fed the very same fish and bread which the people of Israel had desperately cried out for when they followed Moses, and which they were promised but instead were given plagued meat which killed them. By stark contrast to such a spirit of merciless condemnation, the Father described by Jesus is taught to be the provider of good things, and he knows in advance what his people have need of even before they ask it of him.

Matthew 6:

[8] Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Luke 9:

[10] And the apostles, when they were returned, told him all that they had done. And he took them, and went aside privately into a desert place belonging to the city called Bethsaida.
[11] And the people, when they knew it, followed him: and he received them, and spake unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing.
[12] And when the day began to wear away, then came the twelve, and said unto him, Send the multitude away, that they may go into the towns and country round about, and lodge, and get victuals: for we are here in a desert place.
[13] But he said unto them, Give ye them to eat. And they said, We have no more but five loaves and two fishes; except we should go and buy meat for all this people.
[14] For they were about five thousand men. And he said to his disciples, Make them sit down by fifties in a company.
[15] And they did so, and made them all sit down.
[16] Then he took the five loaves and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed them, and brake, and gave to the disciples to set before the multitude.
[17] And they did eat, and were all filled: and there was taken up of fragments that remained to them twelve baskets.

Thus on numerous occasions the people of Israel were hungry and the response of the LORD of the Old Testament was to kill them, on one occasion even promising them meat but which he then falsely fulfilled by providing them plagued meat causing many of them to die. Hence what we read of the people speaking against God and Moses in Numbers:21:5 was not the people of Israel’s ungratefulness towards God, but rather because their hunger went constantly dismissed and even punished by him!

However, what stands out as most remarkable is when we directly compare the teachings of Jesus describing his Father in the New Testament to the actions taken by the LORD of the Old Testament – Jesus in fact rebukes the LORD and God of the Old Testament.

Numbers 11:

[4] And the mixt multitude that was among them fell a lusting: and the children of Israel also wept again, and said, Who shall give us flesh to eat?
[5] We remember the fish, which we did eat in Egypt freely; the cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlick:

Numbers 21:

[5] And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread.
[6] And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.

Matthew 7:

[9] Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
[10] Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
[11] If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
[12] Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Therefore according to the teachings of Jesus, the LORD of the Old Testament did not follow the same law which Jesus knew and taught, since the LORD of the Old Testament consumed the children of Israel with his fire when they complained of being hungry (Numbers:11:1), and promised them meat to eat for a month but instead fed them plagued meat which also killed them (Numbers:11:33). Furthermore, the LORD of the Old Testament does exactly what Jesus says no father would do – when the children of Israel grew desperately hungry, instead of providing them the fish and bread they wanted, he gave the children of Israel serpents which bit and killed them. Subsequently, after being bitten by the fiery serpents, they were also made to worship the image of a serpent of brass if they wanted to live – the very warning given by the book of Revelation of the false prophet and the beast; the Devil himself being described in the book of Revelation as that old serpent which deceives the whole world.

To summarize and compare those appropriate Old and New Testament verses:

Numbers 21:

[9] And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

Revelation 13:

[14] And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

The first beast had the wound by a sword. The sword is the word of God, which Jesus said he came to bring.

Revelation 13:

[12] And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

The future deceiver will use Old Testament scripture to prove he is a man of God when he calls down fire from heaven on the earth in the sight of men – the same power that was exercised by the LORD and God of the Old Testament. Thus since the future deceiver exercises all the power of the first beast before him, the first beast is in fact the LORD and God of the Old Testament who called fire down from heaven on numerous occasions to consume those who resisted him – that same power which was rebuked by Jesus in the New Testament (Luke:9:53-55). The future deceiver also has the power to cause that as many as would not worship the image of the first beast should be killed, the very same power that was exercised in the Old Testament when the people of Israel were made to “behold” the image of a brass serpent if they wanted to live.

The sword which Jesus brought in the book of Revelation in the New Testament delivers the deadly wound to the first beast – The LORD and God of the Old Testament. Those who continue to believe in the Old Testament will heal this deadly wound. They are comprised mostly of Jews, and some Judeo-Christians or fundamentalist Christians.

But does the book of Revelation foretell the exposing of the first beast as the LORD and God of the Old Testament? The vision in the book of Revelation of the emergence of the first beast which arose out of the sea – one of whose heads was given a deadly wound – is itself the revelation that the first beast is the LORD of the Old Testament. And although one of his heads was wounded to death, the deadly wound was healed. It is healed because the Old Testament is considered by many to be the authentic word of God, yet the revelation causes all the world to wonder.

Revelation 13:

[1] And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
[2] And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
[3] And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

Why didn’t Jesus reveal the deception of the LORD of the Old Testament in his own time? The most obvious answer is that the people of his time were not spiritually mature enough to accept what he knew, which is also supported by his other teachings.

Acts 1:

[6] When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
[7] And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
[8] But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

John 16:

[12] I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Matthew 13:

[27] So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
[28] He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
[29] But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
[30] Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

The people of Jesus’ time were not spiritually mature enough to be revealed then of the things which Jesus knew. In Judaism, the worship of their God naturally remains one of the pre-requisites of their Messiah. The mission given Christ was to lead the Jews to salvation in his Father’s kingdom, and a great many of the teachings of Christ are largely compromises which were made to attract the Jews to his discipleship.

Perhaps the best way of explaining this is to use the example of the parable Jesus gave of allowing the tares to grow alongside the wheat. Why? Because if he strikes down the tares while the wheat also are too premature, then the wheat that could have matured would have perished along with the tares. So the just way to approach the problem for the sake of the wheat is to let both grow together until all the wheat was mature enough for harvesting, and then the tares are cut down and cast away while the wheat is gathered into the Lord’s barn. Understanding the beliefs of the Jews, it was therefore not possible for Jesus to both directly challenge the actions of their God and yet still be accepted by them as their savior. However, Jesus did challenge their God’s actions – indirectly.

And it is precisely those indirect challenges of Jesus made against the LORD of the Old Testament which are now presented for all to see in a different world – a world that is today not ruled exclusively by religious laws, but by the laws founded upon morality and the principles of humanistic integrity which are all based upon the simple premise that human beings are free to pursue whatever endeavors please them, so long as those endeavors do not bring about harm to other human beings.

Matthew 7:

[12] Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

The golden rule, therefore, is that people should not injure or kill other human beings, or that people should live harmlessly. In this same spirit Jesus also taught that his Father is kind, even unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Luke 6:

[35] But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

The kindness of Jesus is also witnessed throughout the New Testament; salvation comes to the house of a wealthy sinner by the name of Zacchaeus after Jesus pays him a visit (Luke:19:5-9). Rather than heed the Jewish law of stoning a woman to death caught in the act of adultery he does not condemn her but forgives her sins (John:8:4-12). A woman who was a well known sinner cries at his feet with a repentant heart and her sins are forgiven (Luke:7:37-50). He heals the ear of a roman soldier after one of his disciples struck him at the time of his arrest (Luke:22:50-51), and although his accusers parted his raiment and drew lots and mocked him and smote him, he was still of the spirit of forgiveness towards them (Luke:23:34). In fact, the New Testament teaches that there is no greater rejoicing in heaven than when salvation comes to a sinner, or when someone who was previously lost finds the way again.

Matthew 18:

[11] For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
[12] How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
[13] And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
[14] Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

The difference between the Old Testament God and the New Testament Father is that Jesus, who worked under the authority of his Father, was a master of conversion and deliverance and not condemnation or destruction. It is therefore by the example of Jesus that one can gain a greater understanding as to the nature of his Father. By stark contrast, the LORD and God of the Old Testament is quick to destroy the people of Israel who complained to him because they were made desperate by their hunger and thirst.

James 3:

[17] But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

It is the old adage that most everyone is familiar with, “To err is human, but to forgive is divine.” It is of utmost importance that the reader knows this same spirit of forgiveness, and it is indeed this supreme virtue that one should always bear in mind when examining the following challenges which Jesus makes in the New Testament (the sword that delivers the deadly wound) against the LORD of the Old Testament (the first beast).

End of Part I

Those interested in the remaining two chapters can ask me through email and I will send them the PDF-file.

This post was last modified: 01-25-2016, 07:29 PM by Artful Revealer. Edit Reason: minor corrections

Faith receives, love gives. No one will be able to receive without faith. No one will be able to give without love. Because of this, in order that we may indeed receive, we believe, and in order that we may love, we give, since if one gives without love, he has no profit from what he has given. He who has received something other than the Lord is still a Hebrew. - Gospel of Philip
The following 1 user Likes Artful Revealer's post:
  • Trenton

01-25-2016, 07:12 PM #2
damien50
Chaplain
That was quite the interesting read, and now I have found something to study.  Thanks.  I'll send you my email

The Continuation of the Truth

Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord . [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

01-25-2016, 08:05 PM #3
Yahda
Chaplain
I try to warn others that The God of Israel and Jesus are not of the same token. It's a back and forth shade fest.

I'm riding with the God of Israel because he is the true God who warned us about the light which inspired my new favorite quote: They scared of the dark, they all want the light, they all want to shine ~ Jeezy

The God of Israel travels in a dark cloud, or an image of fire etc etc....its not always bright and shiny lol

On another note The God of Israel has done way more than Jesus and his god. Outside of the NT they never done anything for mankind that we know of. There are no historical facts, or accounts of this son of god. Not one person can confirm any of it, when history is pretty much well documented but this man who walks on water and heals the sick and blind the only account we have is the NT.

The God of Israel on the other hand has done way more for mankind. What most don't realize is that 2000 years ago nothing in the bible OT had taken place. We were told of things to come but they hadn't taken place. I find it simply amazing that 2000 years later that just about everything God said would occur has occurred down to the T. He says no one can stop him. He do as he please.

Also I was watching a video last week that mirror your argument ONLY it was the other way around. It was exposing Jesus of the NT. it referred to Jesus as the serpent being lifted up on the cross, but from your perspective you expose in the opposite manner.

I took notes on the contrasting scriptures and I'll share some of them. But yeah all we have are Jesus words in the NT. No actual events that him or his god ever helped anyone or did anything for mankind. And why can't his god stop the God of Israel if Jesus came to save us. The God of Israel laid out his blue print and it's in full effect. Everything he said would happen has happened even before it occurred. There are only one or two things left to occur. He has been on point. Jesus and his god or should I say his creator (The elite Devils of the earth, council of Niccea) has been all talk no action. So who do we believe ? The god who said he fed 1000 people, who came and left while we are still hungry and in distress. The prisons doors are still locked etc etc, or do we believe the God who has shown he is boss and means business who has laid out his blueprints and has yet to be corrected. The one who sealed his words and didn't unseal it till a few years ago. I believe in a God who can create a masterpiece that lay on your nightstand every night but you couldn't understand the words but you couldn't figure out why. Once he unsealed his book he told you why and how he sealed it and everything else you never knew or need to know. That's the Power I'm rocking with !

People think God is mean but I'm not mad at him for showing he means business making an example out of some. You gotta do what you have to do. As I always say " he don't play" You need to know this. I take notes because when he returns you need to know how he operates. Your faith has to be at 1000% and don't try to take credit for his work/power and you are good to go.

I love God. As I always say I'm on the team of the one who can back his words up with action. Now you all can choose peace, and turn the other cheek I just hope it's enough up against the God who part seas and who will divide the mountains.

Nice read Art, and when I get a chance I'll find my notes and share scriptures that put things in perspective opposite of yours. Thanks for sharing.
This post was last modified: 01-25-2016, 08:20 PM by Yahda.

~Yahda

01-25-2016, 08:15 PM #4
Lisa
Chaplain
I have often thought your name-Artful Revealer-was a true name for you. 

I will pass on reading the rest of your stuff. You aren't able to rightly divide the  Word of God.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
The following 1 user Likes Lisa's post:
  • khadeejah

01-25-2016, 09:01 PM #5
Yahda
Chaplain
Now while a lot of you may not like what's being discussed, the truth of the matter is: this is what these books say like it or not. They are being revealed as we speak. You have to decide who you serve. You can't serve two masters. Are you going to follow the words of ThecGod of Israel, or will you follow satan ( adversary/opposer)

If you ask me the OT came down first and is the blue print that contain the instructions of the true Merciful, loving God. This life is your way, the adversaries way. As some of you call it " free will". Blessing or a curse the choice is yours is how God sees it.

God is a fair God and he allowed you to experience how things work on your terms and you served incompetent. Fair to me. Now it's his turn to show and prove the correct way. After he remove all evil of course. 
This post was last modified: 01-25-2016, 09:14 PM by Yahda.

~Yahda

01-25-2016, 10:16 PM #6
Artful Revealer
Chaplain
(01-25-2016, 08:05 PM)Yahda Wrote:  Outside of the NT they never done anything for mankind that we know of. There are no historical facts, or accounts of this son of god. Not one person can confirm any of it, when history is pretty much well documented but this man who walks on water and heals the sick and blind the only account we have is the NT.
There are few scholars who still doubt if Jesus Christ ever existed. The Christ myth theory is supported by virtually no one, for the reason (among many others of course) that the earliest scholarly works denying the existence of Christ date from the French revolutionary period in a very anticlerical atmosphere bent on discrediting by any means the authority of the Catholic Church. During the whole of Christian history, no scholarly work existed until that time which has ever cast doubt or tried to refute historical Jesus.

Jesus is referred to in manuscripts that were not part of any collection of gospels (eg. Josephus and Tacitus). Not to mention that Jesus is also mentioned, albeit in not so positive light, in the Talmud, a central book in Judaic belief. All this added up should quickly rebuke your claim that only New Testament writings speak of Jesus Christ. Moreover, the New Testament writings (including the Christian apocrypha) cannot be seen as one account in itself, but a collection of various accounts of a large variety of authors testifying to Jesus Christ's existence.

I would even add that (while not a conclusive argument, it is still a relevant one) there is near universal consensus on Christ's baptism and crucifixion as actual historical events.

(01-25-2016, 08:05 PM)Yahda Wrote:  And why can't his god stop the God of Israel if Jesus came to save us?
As the text explains, Jesus already came to save us. His sword (God's Word) wounded the First Beast, the son of perdition who exalted himself above all that is called God, so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God.

40 years after the coming of Christ, his temple was destroyed and his reign was ended. The Romans took over and humanity knew a thousand (+) year reign of Christianity. How does that equal not stopping the god of Israel?

The text also tells about the old serpent's second deception, alluding to another attempt of Satan to accomplish what he has already succeeded at 2,000-3,000 years ago. In that light, his blueprint was rather dusted off for a second tryout.

(01-25-2016, 09:01 PM)Yahda Wrote:  If you ask me the OT came down first and is the blue print that contain the instructions of the true Merciful, loving God.
What logic leads you to say that while claiming Jesus Christ is Satan? With a god like the old serpent of the OT, who needs a devil to begin with? Probably the reason why Satan in Judaism doesn't exist.

When Jewish scribes tried to disguise the true nature of their god in their scriptures, they seemed to have overlooked certain passages, which can be observed by comparing the following two verses:

2 Samuel 24:1
And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

1 Chronicles 21:1
And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

And that's not a Christian source saying it.

(01-25-2016, 08:05 PM)Yahda Wrote:  Nice read Art, and when I get a chance I'll find my notes and share scriptures that put things in perspective opposite of yours. Thanks for sharing.
You're welcome.

(01-25-2016, 08:15 PM)Lisa Wrote:  I have often thought your name-Artful Revealer-was a true name for you. 

I will pass on reading the rest of your stuff. You aren't able to rightly divide the  Word of God.
For the record, while I whole-heartedly agree with the things posted in the OP, the text is not mine but of an anonymous author going by the pseudo Son of Man.

Credit where credit's due.

Faith receives, love gives. No one will be able to receive without faith. No one will be able to give without love. Because of this, in order that we may indeed receive, we believe, and in order that we may love, we give, since if one gives without love, he has no profit from what he has given. He who has received something other than the Lord is still a Hebrew. - Gospel of Philip
The following 2 users Like Artful Revealer's post:
  • Serveto, Trenton

01-25-2016, 10:17 PM #7
khadeejah
Chaplain
(01-25-2016, 09:01 PM)Yahda Wrote:  Now while a lot of you may not like what's being discussed, the truth of the matter is: this is what these books say like it or not. They are being revealed as we speak. You have to decide who you serve. You can't serve two masters. Are you going to follow the words of ThecGod of Israel, or will you follow satan ( adversary/opposer)

If you ask me the OT came down first and is the blue print that contain the instructions of the true Merciful, loving God. This life is your way, the adversaries way. As some of you call it " free will". Blessing or a curse the choice is yours is how God sees it.

God is a fair God and he allowed you to experience how things work on your terms and you served incompetent. Fair to me. Now it's his turn to show and prove the correct way. After he remove all evil of course. 

Your post reminded me of God's saying:

2:113. The Jews say "The Christians have nothing [true] to stand on," and the Christians say, "The Jews have nothing to stand on," although they [both] recite the Scripture. Thus the polytheists speak the same as their words. But Allah will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection concerning that over which they used to differ.

Your beliefs and those of the OP are two sides of the same coin as far as I'm concerned -  both from the chief deceiver himself.   May Almighty God protect His true servants Amen.

The following 5 users Like khadeejah's post:
  • Serveto, Trenton, Tarikko, Kung Fu, Scimitar

01-25-2016, 10:22 PM #8
khadeejah
Chaplain
(01-25-2016, 10:16 PM)Artful Revealer Wrote:  
I would even add that (while not a conclusive argument, it is still a relevant one) there is near universal consensus on Christ's baptism and crucifixion as actual historical events.

The following verse from Hebrews is proof that Jesus was not crucified : 

During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.

The following 1 user Likes khadeejah's post:
  • Tarikko

01-25-2016, 10:25 PM #9
Yahda
Chaplain
The definition of satan is adversary opposer right ? So isn't it fitting ?

~Yahda

01-25-2016, 10:35 PM #10
Artful Revealer
Chaplain
(01-25-2016, 10:22 PM)khadeejah Wrote:  The following verse from Hebrews is proof that Jesus was not crucified : 

During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.
How exactly is that proof that Jesus Christ wasn't crucified? Did Jesus Christ not have eternal life, was He not saved from death, even after crucifixion?

The following 1 user Likes Artful Revealer's post:
  • Trenton