#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Superman's Death

01-24-2016, 03:57 PM #1
JamesAguirre
Peasant

Can anyone dissect the hidden meaning and significance behind this video (and or the full episodes of the Justice League S2E20/S2E21 episodes) from this Justice League series?
This post was last modified: 01-24-2016, 03:57 PM by JamesAguirre.

01-24-2016, 04:21 PM #2
Goku
Chaplain
There isn't one because as you see Superman doesn't really die, it's just a plot created for an episode.

What was you hoping to find?
This post was last modified: 01-24-2016, 04:37 PM by Goku.

"If people don't want you to question something, that probably means you should question it." - Michel Templet

The following 4 users Like Goku's post:
  • sophiaponders, Trenton, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

01-24-2016, 11:45 PM #3
The Creeper
Chaplain
I agree with Goku, characters die and get brought back to life all the time, esspecially superheroes. I was thinking about the movie "Ted" as I was writing that sentance.

Besides, we all know you killed Superman Goku Big Grin Just after you finished rap battling him.

This post was last modified: 01-24-2016, 11:56 PM by The Creeper.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 5 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Tarikko, Goku, Thy Unveiling, sophiaponders, Trenton

01-25-2016, 05:53 AM #4
Goku
Chaplain
Creeper knows ^ Big Grin

You could argue that the real comics have deeper meanings and metaphorical representations, such as Watchmen, however, that's not the discussion here.

Regarding the cartoons, the messages are usually positive i.e. Don't be evil, Evil never prospers, Use your power to protect the ones you care about etc.

"If people don't want you to question something, that probably means you should question it." - Michel Templet

The following 1 user Likes Goku's post:
  • The Creeper

01-25-2016, 06:44 PM #5
TonyVanDam
Justiciar
Remember back in 1992-93 in the DC Universe when The Death Of Superman storyline was successful and actually mention something for comic book fans?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_Superman

And how about the fact that characters' deaths in the DC Universe & Marvel Universe (including the multiverses of both respected comic book companies) became running gags? These days, no one (except for Jean Grey thus far) stays dead! Good grief, even Logan/The Original Wolverine is returning as Old Man Logan persona in the A New Different Marvel Universe.