#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Science and Spiritual truths mingled-Christ's DNA

01-23-2016, 12:07 PM #1
Lady
Chaplain
I have started a study in order to answer some personal spiritual questions for myself. I am using 1 John 1:7 as a springboard verse: " But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
How is it possible that the blood of Jesus can cleanse us from sin?
I have started with the site below, and am interested in information that any others can give...especially those science-y types!

http://www.excellent-valley.org/Lamentat..._Adam.html

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.  Jeremiah 31:3

01-23-2016, 12:32 PM #2
Lady
Chaplain
Here's an excerpt from my recent post in this category on p. 12 of the Psalm 119 thread (hot thread, BTW!)

"This is the crux of the reason why Jesus Christ is called the "Last Adam." He was from an untainted lineage which remained pure from before Adam's fall and that last bearer of that pure DNA was Mary."

I hope this sparks some interest-I certainly would love to discuss and discover together with well-meaning posters! Heart

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.  Jeremiah 31:3

01-23-2016, 02:59 PM #3
Scimitar
Grand Commander
I like the "Last Adam" term, not the theory.

God created Adam without a male or female.

God created Eve from Adam, a male but no female.

God created Jesus from Mary, a female but no male.

God demonstrated to us how He creates perfectly, in many ways.

Adam, Eve and Jesus are unique in their creation. As they do not follow the pattern of having two biological parents.

In one case (Adam) no bioligcal parents, in the latter two (Eve and Jesus), only one parent, but from opposing sexes.

Peace be upon them all, amen.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 6 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • sophiaponders, peacebeuponall, khadeejah, celle76, Tarikko, Sidhuriel

01-23-2016, 04:39 PM #4
Lady
Chaplain
(01-23-2016, 02:59 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  I like the "Last Adam" term, not the theory.

Adam, Eve and Jesus are unique in their creation. As they do not follow the pattern of having two biological parents.

In one case (Adam) no bioligcal parents, in the latter two (Eve and Jesus), only one parent, but from opposing sexes.

Scimi

Thanks for the input, Scimitar. Right now, I am focusing on Christ's DNA, lineage, etc. I should have said so earlier. It is of great interest to a Christian, as you can imagine.

01-23-2016, 07:57 PM #5
khadeejah
Chaplain
(01-23-2016, 04:39 PM)Lady Wrote:  
(01-23-2016, 02:59 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  I like the "Last Adam" term, not the theory.

Scimi

Thanks for the input, Scimitar. Right now, I am focusing on Christ's DNA, lineage, etc. I should have said so earlier. It is of great interest to a Christian, as you can imagine.

Jesus' DNA and lineage start with his mother, Mary  - as Scimitar rightly pointed out.  If you wanted to know his geneology you would trace back from her.  The bible offers two geneological tables for Jesus Christ but there are some errors (Matthew has omitted some names) and they contradict one another:

Genealogy of Jesus according to Matthew
  1. Abraham
  2. Isaac
  3. Jacob
  4. Judah & Tamar
  5. Perez
  6. Hezron
  7. Ram
  1. Amminadab
  2. Nahshon
  3. Salmon & Rahab
  4. Boaz & Ruth
  5. Obed
  6. Jesse
  7. David & Bathsheba
  1. Solomon & Naamah
  2. Rehoboam
  3. Abijam
  4. Asa
  5. Jehosaphat
  6. Jehoram
  7. Uzziah
  1. Jotham
  2. Ahaz
  3. Hezekiah
  4. Manasseh
  5. Amon
  6. Josiah
  7. Jeconiah
  1. Shealtiel
  2. Zerubbabel
  3. Abiud
  4. Eliakim
  5. Azor
  6. Zadok
  7. Achim
  1. Eliud
  2. Eleazar
  3. Matthan
  4. Jacob
  5. Joseph & Mary *
  6. Jesus
Genealogy of Jesus according to Luke
  1. God
  2. Adam
  3. Seth
  4. Enos
  5. Cainan
  6. Maleleel
  7. Jared
  8. Enoch
  9. Mathusala
  10. Lamech
  11. Noe
  12. Shem
  13. Arphaxad
  1. Cainan
  2. Sala
  3. Heber
  4. Phalec
  5. Ragau
  6. Saruch
  7. Nachor
  8. Thara
  9. Abraham
  10. Isaac
  11. Jacob
  12. Juda
  13. Phares
  1. Esrom
  2. Aram
  3. Aminadab
  4. Naasson
  5. Salmon
  6. Booz
  7. Obed
  8. Jesse
  9. David
  10. Nathan
  11. Mattatha
  12. Menan
  13. Melea
  1. Eliakim
  2. Jonam
  3. Joseph
  4. Judah
  5. Simeon
  6. Levi
  7. Matthat
  8. Jorim
  9. Eliezer
  10. Jose
  11. Er
  12. Elmodam
  13. Cosam
  1. Addi
  2. Melchi
  3. Neri
  4. Salathiel
  5. Zorobabel
  6. Rhesa
  7. Joannan
  8. Juda
  9. Joseph
  10. Semei
  11. Mattathias
  12. Maath
  13. Nagge
  1. Esli
  2. Naum
  3. Amos
  4. Mattathias
  5. Joseph
  6. Jannai
  7. Melchi
  8. Levi
  9. Matthat
  10. Heli
  11. Joseph
  12. Jesus

The there is this from http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/.../tree.html
Jesus' Family Tree
A recreation of Jesus' family tree based on references from the New Testament and the ancient historians Josephus and Eusebius.
Reproduced by permission from Jesus and His World by John J Rousseau and Rami Arav � Augsberg Fortress 1995

The following 2 users Like khadeejah's post:
  • Tarikko, Scimitar

01-23-2016, 10:40 PM #6
MissMiami
Marshall
The gospel of Luke contains Mary's genealogy lineage.
The gospel of Matthew contains Joseph's genealogy lineage.
Both Mary and Joseph are descended from David.

01-23-2016, 11:15 PM #7
Scimitar
Grand Commander
(01-23-2016, 04:39 PM)Lady Wrote:  Thanks for the input, Scimitar.

You're welcome, Lady

(01-23-2016, 04:39 PM)Lady Wrote:  Right now, I am focusing on Christ's DNA, lineage, etc. I should have said so earlier. It is of great interest to a Christian, as you can imagine.

I'm trying to, but i'm confused - why would God quire a genealogy? Unless his ancestors were also Gods? which makes the whole idea preposterous, right?

Doesn't the Catholic Church worship Mary as the mother of God? What about her mother and father? And so on so forth?

This is all quite hairy an exercise in my opinion. Better you refrain than indulge, could be bad for your understanding of the Christian Jesus, pbuh.

By that same token, it could do wonders for your understanding of the real Jesus, pbuh.

God bless,

Scimi
This post was last modified: 01-23-2016, 11:17 PM by Scimitar.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 3 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • sophiaponders, Tarikko, Lady

01-23-2016, 11:42 PM #8
Lady
Chaplain
The comments/help are appreciated! I have been busier than I thought I would be today, so sorry for neglecting a thread that I had started myself!
Scimitar, I am glad that you added the last part to your post: "By that same token, it could do wonders for your understanding of the real Jesus, pbuh," because so far it seems as though you are getting that my interest in this goes deeper than geneology (although that plays a major role in this study!).
In the short time that I have had to study the site linked in my OP, I have come across such revelations that make me love God so much more, and appreciate exactly what He did for mankind so much more deeply!
I have read that God preserved the original DNA which He used to create Adam, and is patterned after Himself, from the time of the fall of Adam to the conception of Christ. 
This may not be news to many of you-but to me, it certainly is and reveals to me how much God loves us. 
Here's an excerpt for those who care to read:
 (See Ezra 9 verse 1 thru 3 verse 12 and chapter 10 verse 10 thru 12.) These verses tell of how God set about to correct the perversion of the Godly seed.

"Even as God had promised David that his seed should rule Israel, then we should understand that the Almighty God always keeps Covenant with His Word, and He would protect the Royal Seed of David until the chosen earthly seed of the first Adam would ovulate into the fallopian tubes of the virgin Hebrew WoMan of faith, and then her seed, according to the Word of the angel of God would be impregnated with the Covenant Seed of the Word of Yahweh the Almighty.  That New Covenant Seed would be born the Last Adam, Jesus, the Christ of God the Father.  The Last Adam was begotten of the incorruptible Living Seed of His Father, God Almighty, and was born the Son of Adam in the flesh.  That Male Y sex chromosome of Christ, would be of God, and would have the exact same genetic intimacy with the female X chromosome from the ovum of the virgin Mary, even as the genetics was in the beginning with the first Man, male and female."

Can you see why I am interested in the genes/DNA of Christ?

I would like to comment on the Catholic/Mary part a little later, if you don't mind. I am having unexpected guests tomorrow and was gone more than I wanted to be today, and so I am a little behind!

The following 2 users Like Lady's post:
  • MissMiami, Scimitar

01-23-2016, 11:52 PM #9
Scimitar
Grand Commander
(01-23-2016, 11:42 PM)Lady Wrote:  The comments/help are appreciated! I have been busier than I thought I would be today, so sorry for neglecting a thread that I had started myself!
Scimitar, I am glad that you added the last part to your post: "By that same token, it could do wonders for your understanding of the real Jesus, pbuh," because so far it seems as though you are getting that my interest in this goes deeper than geneology (although that plays a major role in this study!).
In the short time that I have had to study the site linked in my OP, I have come across such revelations that make me love God so much more, and appreciate exactly what He did for mankind so much more deeply!
I have read that God preserved the original DNA which He used to create Adam, and is patterned after Himself, from the time of the fall of Adam to the conception of Christ. 
This may not be news to many of you-but to me, it certainly is and reveals to me how much God loves us. 

God patterned DNA of Adam AND Jesus after HIMSELF? God has a DNA????.. ok, i'm outta this thread lol.

(01-23-2016, 11:42 PM)Lady Wrote:  Can you see why I am interested in the genes/DNA of Christ?

I'm starting to, you're fascinated by Science fiction. Not trying to cause offence, I'm just quite blunt. Happy huntings.

(01-23-2016, 11:42 PM)Lady Wrote:  I would like to comment on the Catholic/Mary part a little later, if you don't mind. I am having unexpected guests tomorrow and was gone more than I wanted to be today, and so I am a little behind!

Sure, have fun

God bless,

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 2 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Tarikko, Sidhuriel

01-24-2016, 12:05 AM #10
TickyTocky
Squire
Quote:I'm trying to, but i'm confused - why would God quire a genealogy? Unless his ancestors were also Gods? which makes the whole idea preposterous, right?

The genealogies are recorded because of his covenant to Abraham regarding Abraham's seed becoming a blessing to all the nations(Genesis 22).

God doesn't "require' it, as he observed the genealogies as they happened, but it was presented to legitimize Jesus as Messiah.
This post was last modified: 01-24-2016, 12:24 AM by TickyTocky.
The following 1 user Likes TickyTocky's post:
  • MissMiami