#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Recent Terrorist Attacks

01-15-2016, 08:39 PM #1
Serendipity
Justiciar
I am quite surprised that no one here has mentioned any of the following attacks but here you go:

-A suicide attack in Istanbul's historic Sultanahmet Square district killed 11 people on 12 January 2016. 

Deadly Istanbul blast 'caused by Isis suicide bomber'

Several people have been arrested as a result including a Russian Shy 

Russian arrested after Turkey blast

-Multiple explosions and gunfire were reported in central Jakarta, Indonesia on 14 January 2015.

Islamic State Claims Deadly Indonesia Attacks

Several suspects were also arrested after the attacks: Indonesian police arrest three suspects over links to Jakarta attacks

-Right about now, there is an ongoing terrorist attack in a hotel in Burkina Faso. There is also a hostage situation and Al Qaeda has claimed responsibility for it. 

Al-Qaida group claims responsibility for hotel siege in Burkina Faso capital
Gunmen storm hotel in Burkina Faso capital

There have been victims in all of the attacks unfortunately.

Sooo three attacks in 4-5 days. They did step up their game. Let's pray for no more attacks (doubtful though)

"Happiness only real when shared" - Christopher McCandless
The following 6 users Like Serendipity's post:
  • Goku, sophiaponders, Tarikko, xoa., luna, The Creeper

01-16-2016, 02:04 PM #2
xoa.
Justiciar
Terror has become the norm. A sign of end times surely? 

May Allah SWT protect us all and guide us.  Heart

But yeah, only RT/Al Jazeera have decent coverage of these things. Obviously Murdoch's muppets won't give unbiased coverage.
This post was last modified: 01-16-2016, 02:05 PM by xoa..

"Our lives end when we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

An Arab poet said:

The vast ocean feels no harm
                  When the boy pitches into it a rock.
The following 4 users Like xoa.'s post:
  • dzubmarinara, The Creeper, Serendipity, Tarikko

01-17-2016, 11:52 AM #3
MissMiami
Marshall
(01-16-2016, 02:04 PM)xoa. Wrote:  Terror has become the norm. A sign of end times surely? 

But yeah, only RT/Al Jazeera have decent coverage of these things. Obviously Murdoch's muppets won't give unbiased coverage.

Yes, right. Everyone is bored with terror. Fear and panic is what they want from us, right, but we're not giving it to them. So just sit tight and pray. Surely it is a sign of the end...Yay! Also, AJ America just announced it is going out of business, shutting down.

01-17-2016, 01:16 PM #4
Serendipity
Justiciar
(01-17-2016, 11:52 AM)MissMiami Wrote:  
(01-16-2016, 02:04 PM)xoa. Wrote:  Terror has become the norm. A sign of end times surely? 

Yes, right. Everyone is bored with terror. Fear and panic is what they want from us, right, but we're not giving it to them. So just sit tight and pray. Surely it is a sign of the end...Yay! Also, AJ America just announced it is going out of business, shutting down.

There is no need for sarcasm in here. People are dying and I don't think it's very appropriate to make fun of that.

The following 2 users Like Serendipity's post:
  • Tarikko, The Creeper

01-17-2016, 01:26 PM #5
MissMiami
Marshall
What sarcasm? If we mention the attacks, you're offended. If we don't, then you're offended by that. Pick a side please and tell us how you would like us to react.
The following 1 user Likes MissMiami's post:
  • Tarikko

01-17-2016, 01:36 PM #6
Serendipity
Justiciar
(01-17-2016, 01:26 PM)MissMiami Wrote:  What sarcasm? If we mention the attacks, you're offended. If we don't, then you're offended by that. Pick a side please and tell us how you would like us to react.

Who said that I was offended? Please re-read my post I just said that I was surprised. Go ahead and say whatever you want to say. I won't be picking any sides as my stance on this is clear and I certainly won't be getting into meaningless arguments at the moment.

The following 2 users Like Serendipity's post:
  • The Creeper, Tarikko

01-17-2016, 02:11 PM #7
MissMiami
Marshall
Cool, I guess. I'm not in favor of people being attacked, terrorized or killed. In fact I condemn it and pray against it. But it is has become part of our reality, whether real or false flags...who knows the difference anymore and who can keep up when it's happening everyday? I don't understand it or even claim to. What I do know is that we are now in what Christ called "the beginning of sorrows", and He said not to be dismayed because these things must happen, and that when we see these things happening to look up because our redemption and deliverance is near.
The following 1 user Likes MissMiami's post:
  • Tarikko

01-17-2016, 03:05 PM #8
xoa.
Justiciar
Yes, I know AJ America is going out of business. It's not a surprise, America hates when people think for themselves.  Sleepy

"Our lives end when we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

An Arab poet said:

The vast ocean feels no harm
                  When the boy pitches into it a rock.
The following 1 user Likes xoa.'s post:
  • Tarikko

01-17-2016, 03:38 PM #9
Serendipity
Justiciar
(01-17-2016, 02:11 PM)MissMiami Wrote:  Cool, I guess. I'm not in favor of people being attacked, terrorized or killed. In fact I condemn it and pray against it. But it is has become part of our reality, whether real or false flags...who knows the difference anymore and who can keep up when it's happening everyday? I don't understand it or even claim to. What I do know is that we are now in what Christ called "the beginning of sorrows", and He said not to be dismayed because these things must happen, and that when we see these things happening to look up because our redemption and deliverance is near.

That's the problem, it shouldn't be our reality and it shouldn't become 'normal' just because it happens everyday. People dying everyday shouldn't be something normal. Those people have loved ones, they're mothers, fathers, daughters etc.. We can at least honour these people by mentioning the attacks and raising awareness. With that being said, I'm sure no one is in favour of these attacks (at least I hope so).

The following 5 users Like Serendipity's post:
  • Tarikko, The Creeper, Sidhuriel, xoa., Scimitar

01-18-2016, 04:45 AM #10
Sidhuriel
Chaplain
(01-17-2016, 03:38 PM)Serendipity Wrote:  
(01-17-2016, 02:11 PM)MissMiami Wrote:  Cool, I guess. I'm not in favor of people being attacked, terrorized or killed. In fact I condemn it and pray against it. But it is has become part of our reality, whether real or false flags...who knows the difference anymore and who can keep up when it's happening everyday? I don't understand it or even claim to. What I do know is that we are now in what Christ called "the beginning of sorrows", and He said not to be dismayed because these things must happen, and that when we see these things happening to look up because our redemption and deliverance is near.

That's the problem, it shouldn't be our reality and it shouldn't become 'normal' just because it happens everyday. People dying everyday shouldn't be something normal. Those people have loved ones, they're mothers, fathers, daughters etc.. We can at least honour these people by mentioning the attacks and raising awareness. With that being said, I'm sure no one is in favour of these attacks (at least I hope so).

While I agree on this; killing is something of all ages. For centuries in Europe it wasn't common at all to become older than 50 at max because of all the fighting; disease and poverty. Compared to that; we actually have it good.

Terror is a more centralized act of violence; it takes small groups of people but installs fear in all of the others around them. But in fact; it's not scarier than living -200 years ago was because there's just as much violence now as back then. God speaks clearly about that in the Bible; man has a wicked nature and has always been prone to destruction and evil. Nothing new here.

The only difference is that in this century we are aware through the media that it's happening all over the world; -200 years ago you'd be happy if you knew the news of a town 20 miles away. This may make it seem like violence is more prominent then ever; but in fact it's not much different than it's always been.

And we have to keep in mind that the media have an agenda; and there's something they want us to believe. They want us to be scared of the big bad terrorists; and call upon our governments for ''protection'' (or actually a fascist state) ; so they will give us reasons to believe in their programme.

I am very sad for the victims of terror; just like I am sad for all those who die unnecessary deaths each day. But I wouldn't say one is worse than the other.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness
Only light can do that
Hate can't drive out hate
Only love can do that
Heart
The following 2 users Like Sidhuriel's post:
  • Tarikko, The Creeper