#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Poll note
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for. This poll will close on: 01-05-2017

Poll: Which is "better"?
Religion
Paganism
Freethinking
None Of The Above

Which is "better": Religion, Paganism, OR Freethinking?

01-11-2016, 11:02 PM #1
TonyVanDam
Justiciar
The question is in the thread title. I need all VCF members to tell me in their honest professional opinion which of the following is "better" and you also have to explain why.

And yes, I strongly believe we need a poll.
This post was last modified: 01-11-2016, 11:08 PM by TonyVanDam.

01-12-2016, 12:56 AM #2
damien50
Chaplain
This is like asking what the best food in the world is.  What is the purpose of this thread really?  Everyone has their cup of tea so I don't see any point to this, it's asinine.

The Continuation of the Truth

Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord . [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
The following 4 users Like damien50's post:
  • xoa., Thy Unveiling, FlixKandish, Tarikko

01-12-2016, 02:03 AM #3
StarTemple
Marshall
Well "free thinking" alone is not enough. See, TIME is the thing they want to rob from people.

A WHOLE LOT of freethinking is the key. In such a regimen, you will end up examining the religious and "pagan" aspects, but both are a "religion", so you have not escaped anything. Science and academia are also religions, with "gods" who tell people how and what to think.

So one has to apply TIME to the "problem", because the solution to any real problem, takes time to figure out. Time is the variable they want to reduce on people thinking about avenues that reveal truths.

By reducing TIME, most people won't figure out what is truly going on. By the distractions that rib time, another "message" will be presented to mislead people to the wrong solution.

So a lot of free thinking is what is required, MORE than one puts into ANY OTHER pursuit. Because if one does not put in the prerequisite time, they will never sift off enough hay to get to the truth needle.

And that is why the world is inundated with time wasting, and energy zapping, distractions and cul-de-sacs.

Once thinking is reduced, you know you are in one of the bags of the enemy controllers. Notice how ALL religions devolve into a formulaic set of mindless creeds? THAT is the goal, get people in those dead ends, and let them spin their wheels and get NOWHERE fast. In the process, the stop thinking altogether.

THINKING takes EFFORT, and that EFFORT is painful. But no pain, no gain. Brain pain. They are bettign most people will accept the bliss of no thought, aided by them thinking they already know what they need to know, which ceases more thought on the matter.
This post was last modified: 01-12-2016, 02:07 AM by StarTemple.

Isaiah 40:26 "Not one of them is missing"
The following 5 users Like StarTemple's post:
  • Lunar0, HongKongHoward, Trenton, TonyVanDam, JackTrades

01-12-2016, 04:39 AM #4
StarGazer
Knight
But Paganism IS a religion so I don't understand the distinction there. Anyway, I voted for Paganism because it makes perfect sense to me. You have the 7 days of the week inspired by the 7 planetary deities, which according to the Corpus Hermeticum, we all 'absorbed' a chunk from in our descent from the heavenly spheres to planet Earth. Ultimately we give back these elements upon death on our way back to the 'Primum Mobile' or first sphere. Then of course, there's the Astrological and Theurgial principles embedded in the whole system which personally seem just about the 'right' or scientific manner for approaching spirituality.
The following 1 user Likes StarGazer's post:
  • TonyVanDam

01-12-2016, 06:58 AM #5
Goku
Chaplain
Accidentally clicked the 'None of the above', meant to click 'Freethinking'.

The reason is simply down to freedom.

Everyone has the ability to inquire apparent truths, just not everyone does.

"A free thinker is defined as a person who forms his or her own opinions about important subjects (such as religion and politics) instead of accepting what others say." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freethought

You could argue that if someone comes to a religious belief without dogma or tradition then I guess that's a form of free thought.

When all is said and done though: Each to their own.
This post was last modified: 01-12-2016, 06:43 PM by Goku.
The following 6 users Like Goku's post:
  • HongKongHoward, Kristen_campbell5, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, JackTrades, Tarikko

01-12-2016, 07:37 AM #6
Vger
Marshall
"Freethinking" is atheism. They follow PC which is the mind control ideology used by cultural Marxists. They are the ones least likely to engage in the mental activity of "free" thinking. They are the most controlled of us all. They do as the State requires them. They are real life Borgs. They've been assimilated. You will see them driving their Prius' with bumper stickers saying "question authority" yet that is what they are least likely to do.

01-12-2016, 07:48 AM #7
JackTrades
Knight
(01-12-2016, 07:37 AM)Vger Wrote:  "Freethinking" is atheism. They follow PC which is the mind control ideology used by cultural Marxists. They are the ones least likely to engage in the mental activity of "free" thinking. They are the most controlled of us all. They do as the State requires them. They are real life Borgs. They've been assimilated. You will see them driving their Prius' with bumper stickers saying "question authority" yet that is what they are least likely to do.

You are delusional! Could not be more wrong! But I guess that is to be expected from the really thoroughly brainwashed!

Pease, Curiosity and Diversity to you all

"Breathe in, Breathe out"
The following 1 user Likes JackTrades's post:
  • Goku

01-12-2016, 09:48 AM #8
The Creeper
Chaplain
(01-12-2016, 06:58 AM)Goku Wrote:  Accidentally clicked the 'None of the above', meant to click 'Freethinking'.

The reason is simply down to freedom.

Everyone has the ability to inquire apparent truths, just not everyone does.

"A free thinker is defined as a person who forms his or her own opinions about important subjects (such as religion and politics) instead of accepting what others say." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freethought

You could argue that if someone comes to a religious belief without dogma or tradition then I guess that's a form of 'Free thinking'.

When all is said and done though: Each to their own.

I clicked freethinking, for exactly the reasons you describe bro.

Also, isn't paganism a religion?

Im not sure what the OP is trying to figure out in all honesty.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 4 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Kristen_campbell5, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko, Goku

01-12-2016, 09:59 AM #9
Goku
Chaplain
(01-12-2016, 09:48 AM)The Creeper Wrote:  I clicked freethinking, for exactly the reasons you describe bro.

Also, isn't paganism a religion?

Im not sure what the OP is trying to figure out in all honesty.

Great minds think alike.

Paganism from a religious standpoint, I believe, is everything other than the Abrahamic Religions - hence it's own category, it's an umbrella term for the other religions. (I could be wrong)

I'm interested in who clicked 'None of the above' and what they have to say.

I'm sure Tony is just trying to grasp an understanding of the beliefs and perspectives of the people on this forum, nothing deeper.
This post was last modified: 01-12-2016, 11:30 AM by Goku.
The following 2 users Like Goku's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Tarikko

01-12-2016, 10:41 AM #10
TonyVanDam
Justiciar
(01-12-2016, 12:56 AM)damien50 Wrote:  This is like asking what the best food in the world is.  What is the purpose of this thread really?  Everyone has their cup of tea so I don't see any point to this, it's asinine.

ANSWER: Re-read my opening post. Remember the part where I said "I need all VCF members to tell me in their honest professional opinion...."?