pumso
Squire
what symbolism can you find in Angry Video Game Nerd episodes
The following 1 user Likes pumso's post:
  • Trenton

01-07-2016, 05:38 PM #2
Trenton
Justiciar
This is actually awesome. There are two AVGN episodes I've been wanting to post, and now the perfect thread has come up!

As for James Rolfe himself, or his home, not a lot of symbolism... But he had two videos in particular, that he rambled about conspiracy stuff at the end.

One was about Super Mario 3
Apparently the best game ever is Satanic as fuck.

And then this freaky game, "Hong Kong '97"
A super famicom game that was rejected from stores, and no physical copy remains to be purchased even on EBAY.

I really suggest folks watch the whole episodes. Super Mario 3 was interesting, though he got all silly about it at the end.

But Hong Kong '97 is seriously screwed up, has predictive programming, actual gore photo. All around creepy. Who the hell made that game?

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.

01-09-2016, 01:20 AM #3
pumso
Squire
here's some one-eye symbolism from the Tiger Electronic Games Episode
The following 1 user Likes pumso's post:
  • Trenton

01-09-2016, 07:43 AM #4
Riddler
Chaplain

welcome!

]edit reason: ] well after editing that avatar it seems you are much younger then the girl in the original avatar - or the avatar set a different example. to avoid looking like a dirtbag this has been removed and edited.
This post was last modified: 01-14-2016, 06:52 PM by Riddler.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout ‘Save us!’ And I'll whisper ‘No
------------
----------------------------------------------
The following 2 users Like Riddler's post:
  • pumso, Goku

01-09-2016, 03:53 PM #5
pumso
Squire
(01-09-2016, 01:20 AM)pumso Wrote:  İmage 
here's some one-eye symbolism from the Tiger Electronic Games Episode
does any get me here

01-11-2016, 04:35 PM #6
memphistre
Peasant
Give me a break, this dude lives a normal life in Pennsylvania. He is not famous, nor did he clock in a bunch of dough in any way. He is not being symbolic of anything. Try Vogue instead.
The following 1 user Likes memphistre's post:
  • Trenton

01-11-2016, 07:57 PM #7
Corvus Metus
Marshall
I'd say the "one eye" symbolism is reaching a bit, especially considering the way that awful thing was designed.  It was like they actually tried to take everything awful about the Virtual Boy, make it worse, and not give us a Wario Land to make up for it.

I've come to see in the Land of the Free,  there's only a future for the chosen few.
Billy Bragg - To Have And To Have Not
The following 2 users Like Corvus Metus's post:
  • Goku, Trenton

01-12-2016, 09:12 PM #8
Pink Isn't Well
Knight
Angry nerd probably reads websites like this one and purposefully puts those things in those videos. I know if I made a video or something I would totally throw pyramids and eyes in there just for the lulz. I know people in bands that are not famous that do things like that just to have a laugh. I imagine it's hilarious to these people that there are people trying to decipher their every word and action.
The following 1 user Likes Pink Isn't Well's post:
  • Trenton

01-12-2016, 10:02 PM #9
Trenton
Justiciar
(01-12-2016, 09:12 PM)Pink Isnt Well Wrote:  Angry nerd probably reads websites like this one and purposefully puts those things in those videos. I know if I made a video or something I would totally throw pyramids and eyes in there just for the lulz. I know people in bands that are not famous that do things like that just to have a laugh. I imagine it's hilarious to these people that there are people trying to decipher their every word and action.

I've joked many a time that James Rolfe is secretly a Vigilant Citizen. He could be reading this thread right now....

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.

01-13-2016, 02:16 PM #10
No Heart
Peasant
I call bull shit on this one. James Rolfe has nothing to do with the whole illuminati stuff. I never saw him putting any symbolism into his videos at any time.

He once pointed out the, as he called it "the disturbing front cover" of the "Die Hard" Nintendo game for the NES, when he reviewed it. But I can not see how the cover should be his fault or anything. He found it to be pretty weird himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL0YWB8wMDs

Go to 1:10min. He makes a short remark there.