#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Original Greek text of New Testament

01-06-2016, 10:13 PM #1
sophiaponders
Chaplain
Am posting this here as a study tool for Christians and others who are interested. Aside from the translations on the right side of the pages, (which I ignore on this site) it is interesting to read the actual greek/english text without the words added in or changed and their proper translation from the greek to english which are written underneath the greek on this site.
EG: In Revelation chapter 12, what is referred allegorically to as 'Dragon' in our english texts for Satan is actually translated 'Drakon' from the actual greek word as well as "Drakontos" plural. Cross reference this word to actual ancient greek word and you will find it is not a reference to what the modern world views as a 'dragon' at all.. . However, that is just one example. It is also good for use to cross reference english translation of words to actual translation of greek words in your own study by taking the greek words and looking up their actual meaning by greeks and other scholars, not just the meanings main english translators gave them. The full greek NT is here. http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInter..._Index.htm
This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 10:51 PM by sophiaponders.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 6 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • Todd, MissMiami, damien50, Slysargassosea, Scimitar, khadeejah

01-07-2016, 12:51 AM #2
Slysargassosea
Squire
(01-06-2016, 10:13 PM)sophiaponders Wrote:  Am posting this here as a study tool for Christians and others who are interested. Aside from the translations on the right side of the pages, (which I ignore on this site) it is interesting to read the actual greek/english text without the words added in or changed and their proper translation from the greek to english which are written underneath the greek on this site.
EG: In Revelation chapter 12,  what is referred allegorically to as 'Dragon' in our english texts for Satan is actually translated 'Drakon' from the actual greek word as well as "Drakontos" plural. Cross reference this word to actual ancient greek word and you will find it is not a reference to what the modern world views as a 'dragon' at all.. . However, that is just one example. It is also good for use to cross reference english translation of words to actual translation of greek words in your own study by taking the greek words and looking up their actual meaning by greeks and other scholars, not just the meanings main english translators gave them. The full greek NT is here. http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInter..._Index.htm

Good post. FYI There is an academic, a linguist named Michael Heiser versed in Ancient Greek, ancient Hebrew and Aramaic. He teaches how to study the bible with historicity and language in context.
The following 1 user Likes Slysargassosea's post:
  • sophiaponders

01-07-2016, 05:46 AM #3
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(01-07-2016, 12:51 AM)Slysargassosea Wrote:  
(01-06-2016, 10:13 PM)sophiaponders Wrote:  Am posting this here as a study tool for Christians and others who are interested. Aside from the translations on the right side of the pages, (which I ignore on this site) it is interesting to read the actual greek/english text without the words added in or changed and their proper translation from the greek to english which are written underneath the greek on this site.
EG: In Revelation chapter 12,  what is referred allegorically to as 'Dragon' in our english texts for Satan is actually translated 'Drakon' from the actual greek word as well as "Drakontos" plural. Cross reference this word to actual ancient greek word and you will find it is not a reference to what the modern world views as a 'dragon' at all.. . However, that is just one example. It is also good for use to cross reference english translation of words to actual translation of greek words in your own study by taking the greek words and looking up their actual meaning by greeks and other scholars, not just the meanings main english translators gave them. The full greek NT is here. http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInter..._Index.htm

Good post. FYI There is an academic, a linguist named Michael Heiser versed in Ancient Greek, ancient Hebrew and Aramaic. He teaches how to study the bible with historicity and language in context.

thank you. i dont know who that is but i will check him out Smile

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 1 user Likes sophiaponders's post:
  • Slysargassosea