#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
All unique

01-06-2016, 12:48 PM #1
JackTrades
Knight
There as so many theories about why a person is the way he or she is. The two main categories of theories can be divided into the environmental theory and the genetic theory, or a mixture of both. I believe that although genetics plays its part, it is a very minor one. For me the environment that you grow up in has by far the most influence on who any of us are. Key factors in this environmental development are parents, siblings, friends, your neighbourhood, village or town or city, the country you are born in and the climate, but there is also education and religious background. These you could call the main factors that interact with an individual over hers or his life mixed with random events that colours a life even more. For me, thinking about all this i can only come to one conclusion. Every life and life story is unique.

Everyone is unique and this fact (for me) is what makes us all the same. It’s almost a contradiction in terms but it does make sense. The one thing we all have in common is our uniqueness.

Please think about that for a while.

A unique being is so rare we have to preserve its existence because that is also what you would like for your unique self. So if you have the right to be unique you automatically have to extend this right to every other unique being. Because if even one unique being is not treated right, your own rights could be violated too.

The bad people would like to make you believe there is such a thing as them and us. They need to have us divided, afraid and hating each other. Realize there is only us. Together all unique!

Pease, Curiosity and Diversity to you all

"Breathe in, Breathe out"
The following 3 users Like JackTrades's post:
  • 24theking, Serendipity, Goku

01-06-2016, 01:06 PM #2
Lisa
Chaplain
I think of this:

For You formed my inward parts, You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Smile

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
The following 1 user Likes Lisa's post:
  • Kme0601

01-06-2016, 01:17 PM #3
JackTrades
Knight
(01-06-2016, 01:06 PM)Lisa Wrote:  I think of this:

For You formed my inward parts, You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Smile

Why not use your own words Lisa? Would be more original.

The following 1 user Likes JackTrades's post:
  • Goku

01-06-2016, 01:19 PM #4
Lisa
Chaplain
(01-06-2016, 01:17 PM)JackTrades Wrote:  
(01-06-2016, 01:06 PM)Lisa Wrote:  I think of this:

Why not use your own words Lisa? Would be more original.

Because God's words are a balm to the soul and state very nicely what it is Smile

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

01-06-2016, 02:01 PM #5
Xmas3
Knight
Good god no, don't be unique, I beg you for your own sake!!! 

I tried being unique but it leads to being without friends and becoming a total recluse because people only like those who are like them. 

But if being rejected is your thing, by all means, embrace your uniqueness.  Then die alone.
The following 1 user Likes Xmas3's post:
  • 24theking

01-06-2016, 02:04 PM #6
JackTrades
Knight
(01-06-2016, 02:01 PM)Xmas3 Wrote:  Good god no, don't be unique, I beg you for your own sake!!! 

I tried being unique but it leads to being without friends and becoming a total recluse because people only like those who are like them. 

But if being rejected is your thing, by all means, embrace your uniqueness.  Then die alone.
But Xmas3, just by replying like that you prove your own uniqueness. And by the way everybody dies alone anyway, no matter how many people are around.

The following 1 user Likes JackTrades's post:
  • Xmas3

01-06-2016, 02:16 PM #7
Xmas3
Knight
(01-06-2016, 02:04 PM)JackTrades Wrote:  But Xmas3, just by replying like that you prove your own uniqueness. And by the way everybody dies alone anyway, no matter how many people are around.

Whoyacallin unique?????!!!!    Of all the insults, you had to speak the truth!!!!  Do you know how the truth hurts???  Do you????

Fine, I'm unique.  I'll accept my lot. 

But I like being alone.  Others may not so if you want people around you, hide your uniqueness as much as possible and conform in each and every way with what the popular media and popular culture tell you.  Then you shall have your social needs fulfilled.

01-06-2016, 02:19 PM #8
luna
Marshall
I'm having an awful week, but it's things like this that make me smile. I love your posts JT! Sweet and thoughtful and they really lift your mood and get you thinking.

And if anyone else is having a bad week like I am, a million virtual hugs, love, and empathy from this girl right here.

Every crazy, wonderful, intelligent, out there, kind, inspiring person on these boards, and in the world altogether. I was just thinking today about how many people have inspired me or shaped me as a person, and how blessed I am to have known them. Yes, even people here.

The experience and wisdom and how each person impacts my life: the particular details are unique to the person and circumstance...but isn't it just amazing? All our actions leave a mark on someone, somewhere. I don't know, I think so.

All of you guys are quite wonderful in your own way. Much love to all.

Heart
The following 3 users Like luna's post:
  • Goku, Xmas3, Lady

01-12-2016, 10:51 PM #9
riscy
Marshall
Best said by Monty Python in Life of Brian :

Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't need to follow me. You don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think for yourselves! You're all individuals!
Crowd: [in unison] Yes! We're all individuals!
Brian: You're all different!
Crowd: [in unison] Yes, we are all different!
Man in crowd: I'm not...
Crowd: Shhh!

How can anyone know me, when I don't even know myself?

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
The following 1 user Likes riscy's post:
  • Goku