#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The BIG joke

01-01-2016, 01:23 PM #1
JackTrades
Knight
If you take life too serious you will not be able to enjoy laughter and happiness much. You will make all your decisions based upon a negatively based principle. Just look around you and see all the beauty that is everywhere. Even in the crowded cities there is enough beauty to inspire us. Look and open your eyes to the appreciation of the simple beauty of life. Let it be plants or animals, hell, sometimes even in things people make.

When you see something that makes your heart smile, think about how the object of your attention came into existence. Put yourself into the object’s metaphorical shoes and contemplate your being where you are right now in this shared creation.

A pretty bird for example: nature enabling majestic flight in our feathered friends. A long procession of environmental changes, innovations and transformations has taken place in order for these chirpy cuties to take to the air.

Life is not about striking it rich or becoming famous, it is about the small things that are always there for you to appreciate. Do not wait for some great reward in a life lived in search of unattainable goals. The now is here and ready to entertain you.

Do not take these little positive things for granted, it is what life is all about. Not the great and momentous but the small and pleasurable experiences are what make life bearable.

Maintain a positive outlook on life and always look on the bright side of life! (whistle whistle). It is all a big joke as you will see when your time comes.

Pease, Curiosity and Diversity to you all

"Breathe in, Breathe out"
The following 10 users Like JackTrades's post:
  • Vytas, cameronjcw, Serendipity, Goku, JayGirl, Thy Unveiling, Briandao, Trenton, Tarikko, Scimitar

01-01-2016, 01:25 PM #2
Scimitar
Grand Commander
not sure about the whistling part but yes - I like what you wrote Cool

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 3 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton, Tarikko

01-01-2016, 01:27 PM #3
JackTrades
Knight
(01-01-2016, 01:25 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  not sure about the whistling part but yes - I like what you wrote  Cool

Scimi
Life of Brian, the song - Always look on the bright side of life (and then there is the whistle)
If you don't know it you won't get the reference and the little joke, no problem there

Have a good New Year

The following 4 users Like JackTrades's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton, Scimitar, Tarikko

01-01-2016, 01:31 PM #4
Allegedly
Marshall
(01-01-2016, 01:23 PM)JackTrades Wrote:  If you take life too serious you will not be able to enjoy laughter and happiness much. You will make all your decisions based upon a negatively based principle. Just look around you and see all the beauty that is everywhere. Even in the crowded cities there is enough beauty to inspire us. Look and open your eyes to the appreciation of the simple beauty of life. Let it be plants or animals, hell, sometimes even in things people make.

When you see something that makes your heart smile, think about how the object of your attention came into existence. Put yourself into the object’s metaphorical shoes and contemplate your being where you are right now in this shared creation.

A pretty bird for example: nature enabling majestic flight in our feathered friends. A long procession of environmental changes, innovations and transformations has taken place in order for these chirpy cuties to take to the air.

Life is not about striking it rich or becoming famous, it is about the small things that are always there for you to appreciate. Do not wait for some great reward in a life lived in search of unattainable goals. The now is here and ready to entertain you.

Do not take these little positive things for granted, it is what life is all about. Not the great and momentous but the small and pleasurable experiences are what make life bearable.

Maintain a positive outlook on life and always look on the bright side of life! (whistle whistle). It is all a big joke as you will see when your time comes.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Big Grin

01-01-2016, 01:34 PM #5
Scimitar
Grand Commander
I'm British and life of brian, takes me back, so does the song - just found it slightly annoying, you know like one of them songs that goes round and round in the ole noggin, distracting almost.

Prolly why i'm such a dnb head lol, no vocals just bass n beats works fine for me.

Diversity, is a series of contrasted compliments to the same vision or idea in this case Smile

but hey - on topic, I guess it's all about appreciating that contrast... right?

Scimi

EDIT: happy new year to you too Smile
This post was last modified: 01-01-2016, 01:35 PM by Scimitar.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 3 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton, Tarikko

01-01-2016, 01:41 PM #6
JackTrades
Knight
(01-01-2016, 01:34 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  I'm British and life of brian, takes me back, so does the song - just found it slightly annoying, you know like one of them songs that goes round and round in the ole noggin, distracting almost.

Prolly why i'm such a dnb head lol, no vocals just bass n beats works fine for me.

Diversity, is a series of contrasted compliments to the same vision or idea in this case Smile

but hey - on topic, I guess it's all about appreciating that contrast... right?

Scimi

EDIT: happy new year to you too Smile
Most definitely about exactly that!

The following 4 users Like JackTrades's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton, Tarikko, Scimitar

01-01-2016, 01:51 PM #7
Scimitar
Grand Commander
I've seen flowers grow in some really odd places, always makes me stop and wonder how God cannot exist with such poetic contrasts - little signs, coded into our reality thru nature and the cosmos. I cannot honestly say I fully appreciate it all when I am still having those wow moments. The older I get the more often they appear.

Makes me laugh, at myself... I have been a silly twat at times... guess the joke has been on me.

Thanks for this thread. Made me think.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 4 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Serendipity, Thy Unveiling, Trenton, Tarikko

01-01-2016, 02:04 PM #8
Trenton
Justiciar
Already having a great day, but this post made it even better! Smile

I will think about this more whenever I get down. It's hard to remember these things when everything is pissing you off.

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 5 users Like Trenton's post:
  • Serendipity, Thy Unveiling, xoa., Tarikko, Scimitar

01-01-2016, 06:45 PM #9
JackTrades
Knight
(01-01-2016, 02:04 PM)Trenton Wrote:  Already having a great day, but this post made it even better! Smile

I will think about this more whenever I get down. It's hard to remember these things when everything is pissing you off.
I used to be very angry at the world but am now learning to deal with all the bad stuff by trying to keep my focus on the things that are pretty, fun, beautiful and downright hilarious. Bad things happen to everyone just not all the time, and now i've learned to appreciate all the time in between the bad stuff, which is actually more than things going wrong.

The following 3 users Like JackTrades's post:
  • Serendipity, Thy Unveiling, Trenton

01-01-2016, 06:59 PM #10
Riddler
Chaplain
linking this topic. yes its true, you need to enjoy life and not be too serious.
there's a great quote 'why so serious'? lol. but it's definately true though.

i must say though, being overly serious tends to be a byproduct from things
that happen in life.
it also tends to go in phases or waves if you may. there's a point where one should
realise theyre becoming too serious and just take a step back and enjoy. i know
that happened to me occasionally.

when i was really young my youth shaped me into being very serious for my age.
i think it was too serious because i look back now and i see wow i never this or that
though a lot was not down to my own choice.

however, i 'escaped' the seriousness and suffocating environment of europe and
went over the world. i took it adventurous and it worked like a charm.
i was very happy and every day and week was an adventure. honestly i could not
tell where i'd be the week after but i refused to worry and take it as it went.
and darn, it worked.

then i met my wife, and not too long after went back to europe and 'settled down'.
that worked well with a boosted morale from the years before. honestly though,
working 9-5 quickly murders that happyness and without looking negative towards
a family or children, becoming a farther and then being a farther really does mess
with you. i went very serious about it.

then after they were born, went less serious and a bit more free. then a while after
my wife was assaulted and that really took a good toll. i went more grim afterwards
and noticed it was having a negative impact.
thankfully, i got some help but still had to get out of that negativity myself and turned
positive again.

i'm waving inbetween now.

i think watching comedies helps though.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout ‘Save us!’ And I'll whisper ‘No
------------
----------------------------------------------
The following 4 users Like Riddler's post:
  • Serendipity, Scimitar, Thy Unveiling, Trenton