#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Disney's movie The Watcher in the Woods'

06-16-2015, 12:16 AM #1
sophiaponders
Chaplain
I saw this when i was younger because it was in the Disney section of a movie rental place. I picked it because, it was Disney, and I never heard about it before. It was not a cartoon but a drama. A very OCCULTIC drama, and horror film. I found it odd that Disney released such a film. Has anyone else ever seen it?

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/

06-16-2015, 01:42 AM #2
monkt
Squire
Well thats a disturbing movie lol, never heard of that one. Disney certainly isnt what people think it is thats for sure

06-16-2015, 02:39 AM #3
sophiaponders
Chaplain
Its not Cinderella by any means.. lol. I read on Wikipedia that Disney actually had to 'tone down' the occultic nature of the ending and re-write it before release. Not sure why, the whole thing is occultic anyways lol

Hmm.. speaking of Disney dramas.. were Return to and Escape to Witch Mountain by Disney too? Those were definitely other 'strange' films for kids.

.. yup, checked, they are Disney too.
& weird.. Betty Davis is in those ones too.
This post was last modified: 06-16-2015, 02:54 AM by sophiaponders.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/

06-16-2015, 04:57 AM #4
Distracto
Peasant
In the late 80's, my brothers used to steal cable tv somehow. Our mom worked nights, so as soon as she would leave for work, they would hook the cable up. She never knew. Point is, we would stay up all night watching movies. I saw like the last 3/4 of that movie on either the Disney channel, or some movie channel. I have been searching for it ever since. As a kid, I was mesmerized by it, and I've been looking to see the first part of it for 20 years. I have never found it. I wonder why they don't play it the way they play other Disney movies all the time. Within 2 years, you can find almost any old Disney movie playing at some time or another, but not this one. When I started watching the housewives of Beverly Hills, I recognized that Kyle as the little girl in that movie. Ya, that movie made a huge impression on me, so it must have been creepy as heck. Furthermore, It was probably intended on programming children, and making huge impressions on them. ICKY ICKY ICKY. Oh, I vaguely remember something about a red room, and it scared the crap out of me. To this day, when I see that people have painted their walls red, it still creeps me out.

06-16-2015, 07:02 AM #5
CountDracula
Marshall
I haven't seen that movie though I'd like to. Disney used to release movies with darker material. Here is a trailer for another of their films "Something Wicked This Way Comes"

The following 1 user Likes CountDracula's post:
  • storyboutacurl

06-16-2015, 09:36 AM #6
monkt
Squire
Its on dvd now

06-16-2015, 09:06 PM #7
TekTek
Squire
(06-16-2015, 12:16 AM)sophiaponders Wrote:  I saw this when i was younger because it was in the Disney section of a movie rental place. I picked it because, it was Disney, and I never heard about it before. It was not a cartoon but a drama. A very OCCULTIC drama, and horror film. I found it odd that Disney released such a film. Has anyone else ever seen it?

Yes! I too saw this when I was young. I was very scared of it, yet my mother had a video of it and kept watching it. I haven't seen it for many years now, but it is disturbing.

10-08-2015, 02:26 AM #8
storyboutacurl
Squire
(06-16-2015, 12:16 AM)sophiaponders Wrote:  I saw this when i was younger because it was in the Disney section of a movie rental place. I picked it because, it was Disney, and I never heard about it before. It was not a cartoon but a drama. A very OCCULTIC drama, and horror film. I found it odd that Disney released such a film. Has anyone else ever seen it?

I too have seen it and as I recall it scared me terribly! Have u seen "Something Wicked This
Way Comes"?

10-09-2015, 08:30 AM #9
cameronjcw
Justiciar
wow that is one crazy film, doesn't seem like much of a childs film although it bears a striking resemblance to an episode of a UK childrens tv series called Dramarama and there was an episode where I girl disappeared in a church with a bell that fell down on her!! Totally weird, am guessing one must have copied the other or got the idea from the other, not sure which way around but its definitely very very similar!

Dramarama was all kind of weird spooky type stories on the early Childrens BBC channels!! I loved things like this which is why I loved it so much, also loved tales of the unexpected, the twilight zone, the outer limits etc

www.denofgeek.com/tv/21148/looking-back-at-dramarama-series-1-2f

10-11-2015, 09:09 PM #10
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(10-08-2015, 02:26 AM)storyboutacurl Wrote:  

I too have seen it and as I recall it scared me terribly! Have u seen "Something Wicked This
Way Comes"?

yes i recall seeing it.. but it didnt freak me out like this movie did for some reson