#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Assasins & Catcher in the Rye.

A better day Show this Post
06-15-2015, 07:56 PM #1
A better day Unregistered

What's with all these assassins and the book "Catcher in the Rye"?  Check it:  Mark David Chapman (killed John Lennon); John Hinkley (attempt made on President Ronald Reagan),  and Robert John Bardo (killed TV actress Rebecca Schaeffer).  There are others,too.  Chapman, after fatally shooting Lennon, proceeded to read from the book.  Officials reported Hinkley having  a copy on his coffee table when they investigated his home.  Bardo was reported to have had a copy of it on him at the time of Schaeffer's killing.

In the U.S. "Catcher in the Rye" is often compulsory reading at the high school level.  Interesting, in light of Columbine, as the narrator refers to his hunting hat as a "people shooting hat".  The book, published in 1945, written by J.D. Salinger, became a must read sensation.  The book's narrator, Holden Caulfield, is an anxious angry prep school teen who leaves school before he's officially allowed to and tries to take a few days off in his city of NewYork, before he goes home to his family.  Often students are taught that the themes of the book revolve around protecting youth from the adult world of phoniness.

There is so much more and it is not deeply hidden.

While the name Freemason does not openly appear, the references abound.  The name Al Pike, stands out and that is connected to Egyptians, concrete bed, Ely's bed, Egyptians,  mummy tomb, secret clubs, fraternities, etc.  In addition, there are several mentions of Catholics; character Ackley, Holden's father, two nuns, Louise Shaney.  Plus the symbols of horse (knight=Freemason and bull=Roman Catholic).  Author Joe Atwill has more on this.

p***philia is another theme that has become apparent to current critics.  (Huffington Post, Postflaviana.org)  Holden, as narrator describes sex throughout the book.  He's 16, a virgin, has an age appropriate girlfriend with whom he has initial sexual contact.  He has an age appropriate true love girlfriend.  He makes awkward failed attempts with much older women.  And then there is his sister Phoebe.  She's 10, "pretty", "roller skate skinny".  "Really listens".  He "horses around with her" and has taught her how to couple dance; "she's a good dancer", she can even "tango".   If you have not read the book, their are two ways to understand his relationship with her, innocent or incestuous.

The music industry can also be seen under a layer or two of references.  Back in 1945, it was Frank Sinatra and the bobbysoxers, like today's Bieber and his Bieberlers.  At the time, radio and recording studios were becoming intertwined in their effort to go after the teen girl market.  Same as it is today.

Finally, this book remains under my suspicion because of Salinger's choice of writing style.  The book reads like an autosuggestion script.  Limited vocabulary of homonyms, cliche's, colloquialisms, poor grammar, and confusing narrative voices are intentional style choices made by Salinger. Clinical hypnosis uses confusing writing to in order to occupy the conscious mind so that the command suggestions may be directed to the unconscious mind.  

For what?  

If you have not read the book, its worth it to make yourself aware.  Anyone else questioning this book?

06-16-2015, 02:28 AM #2
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(06-15-2015, 07:56 PM)A better day Wrote:  What's with all these assassins and the book "Catcher in the Rye"?  Check it:  Mark David Chapman (killed John Lennon); John Hinkley (attempt made on President Ronald Reagan),  and Robert John Bardo (killed TV actress Rebecca Schaeffer).  There are others,too.  Chapman, after fatal shooting Lennon, proceeded to read from the book.  Officials reported Hinkley having  a copy on his coffee table when they investigated his home.  Bardo was reported to have had a copy of it on him at the time of Schaeffer's killing.

In the U.S., "Catcher in the Rye" is often compulsory reading at the high school level. which is interesting, in light of Columbine.  As the narrator refers to his hunting hat as a "people shooting hat".  The book, published in 1945, written by J.D. Salinger, became a must read sensation.  The book's narrator, Holden Caulfield, is an anxious angry prep school teen who leaves school before he's officially allowed to and tries to take a few days off in his city of NewYork, before he goes home to his family.  Often students are taught that the themes of the book revolve around protecting youth from the adult world of phoniness.

There is so much more and it is not deeply hidden.

While the name Freemason does not openly appear, the references abound.  The name Al Pike, stands out and that is connected to Egyptians, concrete bed, Ely's bed, Egyptians,  mummy tomb, secret clubs, fraternities, etc.  In addition, there are several mentions of Catholics; character Ackley, Holden's father, two nuns, Louise Shaney.  Plus the symbols of horse (knight=Freemason and bull=Roman Catholic).  Author Joe Atwill has more on this.

p***philia is another theme that has become apparent to current critics.  (Huffington Post, Postflaviana.org)  Holden, as narrator describes sex throughout the book.  He's 16, a virgin, has an age appropriate girlfriend with whom he has initial sexual contact.  He has an age appropriate true love girlfriend.  He makes awkward failed attempts with much older women.  And then there is his sister Phoebe.  She's 10, "pretty", "roller skate skinny".  "Really listens".  He "horses around with her" and has taught her how to couple dance; "she's a good dancer", she can even "tango".   If you have not read the book, their are two ways to understand his relationship with her, innocent or incestuous.

The music industry can also be seen under a layer or two of references.  Back in 1945, it was Frank Sinatra and the bobbysoxers, like today's Bieber and his Bieberlers.  At the time, radio and recording studios were becoming intertwined in their effort to go after the teen girl market.  Same as it is today.

Finally, this book remains under my suspicion because of Salinger's choice of writing style.  The book reads like an autosuggestion script.  Limited vocabulary of homonyms, cliche's, colloquialisms, poor grammar, and confusing narrative voices are intentional style choices made by Salinger. Clinical hypnosis uses confusional writing to in order to occupy the conscious mind so that the command suggestion may be directed to the unconscious mind.  

For what?  

If you have not read the book, its worth it to make yourself aware. Anyone else questioning this book?

If I recall correctly, Chapman was not just reading the book until the police showed up, but also handed it to them when they did show up, and said it was his testimony. He felt he was saving the children of the world and Dorothy of Oz (?) from Lennon and his hypocrisy. Maybe the Dorothy thing came in because Lennon had made an Oz album with a song called 'Do the Oz' on it.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/

06-16-2015, 07:00 PM #3

If I recall correctly, Chapman was not just reading the book until the police showed up, but also handed it to them when they did show up, and said it was his testimony. He felt he was saving the children of the world and Dorothy of Oz (?) from Lennon and his hypocrisy. Maybe the Dorothy thing came in because Lennon had made an Oz album with a song called 'Do the Oz' on it.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I've just started looking into the connection. Wizard of Oz is reported to be loaded with all sorts of Freemasonry motifs. Not surprisingly, the organization was huge throughout the U.S., and often had their own fiction for adults and children. But still ----

06-16-2015, 07:08 PM #4
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(06-16-2015, 07:00 PM)A better day Wrote:  Thanks for the info.  I've just started looking into the connection.  Wizard of Oz is reported to be loaded with all sorts of Freemasonry motifs.  Not surprisingly, the organization was huge throughout the U.S., and often had their own fiction for adults and children.  But still ----
[/quote]

You're welcome. Yeah.. Lennon et all were pushing the Oz thing with their 'peace' thing. They had a newspaper called Oz or sthg and also an album promoting it called 'God save Oz'. (smh..)

This post was last modified: 06-16-2015, 07:10 PM by sophiaponders.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/

06-16-2015, 07:27 PM #5

You're welcome. Yeah.. Lennon et all were pushing the Oz thing with their 'peace' thing. They had a newspaper called Oz or sthg and also an album promoting it called 'God save Oz'. (smh..)  

Oh, yeah, that clip says it all. In the magazine they kept showing was a page with "Jailbait of the Month". The T-shirts referred to some kind of obscenity trial. I was 10 y/o in '69 and read everything left in view. There was a lot of "alternative" "hippie" "revolution" rags, paper magazines. I was exposed to a lot. Led Zeppelin had an album cover which featured a topless early tween girl holding a model airplane. Needless to say the cover eventually got changed in the U.S.
I did not cry when John Lennon died. Knowing more about MKultra and its connection to social mind control, would not surprise me if Lennon was either in on it or under its influence.

06-16-2015, 07:39 PM #6
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(06-16-2015, 07:27 PM)A better day Wrote:  You're welcome. Yeah.. Lennon et all were pushing the Oz thing with their 'peace' thing. They had a newspaper called Oz or sthg and also an album promoting it called 'God save Oz'. (smh..)  

Oh, yeah, that clip says it all.  In the magazine they kept showing was a page with "Jailbait of the Month".  The T-shirts referred to some kind of obscenity trial.  I was 10 y/o in '69 and read everything left in view.  There was a lot of "alternative" "hippie" "revolution" rags, paper magazines.  I was exposed to a lot.  Led Zeppelin had an album cover which featured a topless early tween girl holding a model airplane.  Needless to say the cover eventually got changed in the U.S.
I did not cry when John Lennon died.  Knowing more about MKultra and its connection to social mind control, would not surprise me if Lennon was either in on it or under its influence.

Never saw the Zeppelin cover.. interesting.
I was young when Lennon died.. but I remember my father telling me and sitting me in front of a radio in the living room by myself to hear the reports from NYC. Strange he didnt put me in front of the tv.. and that he left me all by myself in front of the radio. I didnt know how to feel.

I think Lennon was in on the whole thing. And I think his living partners still are to this day. I had some particularly strange experiences with Ono on Myspace some years ago.. but id rather not get into it. Chapman mustve in some sense have picked up on the MK thing. It wasnt the first time.. look what the Manson family did with the White Album, although they had a different reaction and loved the message.
This post was last modified: 06-16-2015, 07:40 PM by sophiaponders.

06-16-2015, 07:54 PM #7

(06-16-2015, 07:39 PM)sophiaponders Wrote:  
(06-16-2015, 07:27 PM)A better day Wrote:  You're welcome. Yeah.. Lennon et all were pushing the Oz thing with their 'peace' thing. They had a newspaper called Oz or sthg and also an album promoting it called 'God save Oz'. (smh..)  

Oh, yeah, that clip says it all.  In the magazine they kept showing was a page with "Jailbait of the Month".  The T-shirts referred to some kind of obscenity trial.  I was 10 y/o in '69 and read everything left in view.  There was a lot of "alternative" "hippie" "revolution" rags, paper magazines.  I was exposed to a lot.  Led Zeppelin had an album cover which featured a topless early tween girl holding a model airplane.  Needless to say the cover eventually got changed in the U.S.
I did not cry when John Lennon died.  Knowing more about MKultra and its connection to social mind control, would not surprise me if Lennon was either in on it or under its influence.

I was young when Lennon died.. but I remember my father telling me and sitting me in front of a radio in the living room by myself to hear the reports from NYC. Strange he didnt put me in front of the tv.. and that he left me all by myself in front of the radio. I didnt know how to feel.

I think Lennon was in on the whole thing. And I think his living partners still are to this day. I had some particularly strange experiences with Ono on Myspace some years ago.. but id rather not get into it. Chapman mustve in some sense have picked up on the MK thing. It wasnt the first time.. look what the Manson family did with the White Album, although they had a different reaction and loved the message.

I had a boyfriend at the time, fancied himself to be a singer songwriter, he cried. A lot of people were really hit by it. I cried over John Belushi, though. This boyfriend, either out of love or spite, I'll never know, actually gave me Yoko Ono's album. I want to say Seasons of Glass, but I'm not sure, and just recently let go of all 357 vinyl albums to a funky-cool vinyl store. Yoko is reported to be very controlling. Probably was his handler. As for Chapman, two of my research books are "Programmed to Kill" and "Weird Scene Inside the Canyon" both by Dave McGowan. What a freakin' horror show Manson Family was and soooo connected to military intelligence. Author Joe Atwill shreads the Beatles and connects them to Freemasonry motifs.

06-16-2015, 08:18 PM #8
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(06-16-2015, 07:54 PM)A better day Wrote:  
(06-16-2015, 07:39 PM)sophiaponders Wrote:  

I had a boyfriend at the time, fancied himself to be a singer songwriter, he cried.  A lot of people were really hit by it.  I cried over John Belushi, though.  This boyfriend, either out of love or spite, I'll never know, actually gave me Yoko Ono's album.  I want to say Seasons of Glass, but I'm not sure, and just recently let go of all 357 vinyl albums to a funky-cool vinyl store.  Yoko is reported to be very controlling.  Probably was his handler.  As for Chapman, two of my research books are "Programmed to Kill" and "Weird Scene Inside the Canyon" both by Dave McGowan.  What a freakin' horror show Manson Family was and soooo connected to military intelligence.  Author Joe Atwill shreads the Beatles and connects them to Freemasonry motifs.

"..This boyfriend, either out of love or spite, I'll never know, actually gave me Yoko Ono's album.  I want to say Seasons of Glass"
lol.. the love or spite comment.. funny Big Grin
yes she seems very controlling, but then again lennon was reported to be the same way- so maybe they were some sort of alpha/beta couple.
I will have to check out those books, thanks.
Have you ever heard of this book? http://thelennonprophecy.com/clue4.html
This post was last modified: 06-16-2015, 08:54 PM by sophiaponders.

06-16-2015, 10:56 PM #9

"..This boyfriend, either out of love or spite, I'll never know, actually gave me Yoko Ono's album.  I want to say Seasons of Glass"
lol.. the love or spite comment.. funny Big Grin
yes she seems very controlling, but then again lennon was reported to be the same way- so maybe they were some sort of alpha/beta couple.
I will have to check out those books, thanks.
Have you ever heard of this book? http://thelennonprophecy.com/clue4.html
[/quote]

I went to the above site. My mind is blown. Especially with Finnegan's Wake quote. Was it planned from from the beginning?

06-17-2015, 12:39 AM #10
SunshineMama
Squire
I went to the above site.  My mind is blown.  Especially with Finnegan's Wake quote.  Was it planned from from the beginning?
[/quote]

Dude, that quote from "Finnegan's Wake" makes no sense. The sign says "M & D Co." as in company, and it's not like Chapman had his own company. The words across his beltline may have blown your mind, but the words across his heart/throat area are "save the world," which should blow it a little harder. The Revelations quote is about AIRPLANES not musical instruments. So according to this interpretation, we should believe Charles Manson's interpretation of John Lennon's interpretation of what exactly?... Some pretty silly reaches there, imho.