#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
'Absolutely Uncontained': Methane Continues to Spew Into Air in California

12-28-2015, 06:56 PM #1
sophiaponders
Chaplain
"In what is being called the worst environmental disaster since the Gulf of Mexico BP oil spill in 2010, methane gas has been pouring into the air over California’s Aliso Canyon, near Los Angeles, at the rate of approximately 1200 tons each day since October."

"As of the end of December, over 150 million pounds of methane have been released in the Aliso Canyon gas leak."

Confused

http://sputniknews.com/us/20151229/10324...shortening
This post was last modified: 12-28-2015, 06:56 PM by sophiaponders.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 2 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

12-28-2015, 07:12 PM #2
The Creeper
Chaplain
It is horrible to read about the destruction of our world for the sake of profit. Part of me can't help but think this kind of thing is done deliberately. But surely nobody can be that stupid or sick in the head can they? umm, yes, yes they can.. degenerate bastards.

Now I have got that out the way. Am I the only one who thinks it is kind of impressive how much stuff is underground?

It doesn't take away from what we do, but sometimes things like this happen naturally, like when volcanoes erupt, so it is not impossible for the world to recover. It would still be nice if these corporate types at least pretended to care about the planet we live on.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 3 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • cameronjcw, sophiaponders, Thy Unveiling

12-28-2015, 07:13 PM #3
xoa.
Justiciar
Sister Sophia, I do love your posts! I learn something new and fascinating each time and I go away and get clued up on it! Smile

Spreading the good vibes all day, er' day.

"Our lives end when we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

An Arab poet said:

The vast ocean feels no harm
                  When the boy pitches into it a rock.
The following 3 users Like xoa.'s post:
  • Thy Unveiling, sophiaponders, The Creeper

12-30-2015, 04:05 AM #4
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(12-28-2015, 07:13 PM)xoa. Wrote:  Sister Sophia, I do love your posts! I learn something new and fascinating each time and I go away and get clued up on it! Smile

Spreading the good vibes all day, er' day.

love your posts too my dear friend... thank you Smile God bless Heart
This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 04:06 AM by sophiaponders.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 3 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • The Creeper, xoa., Thy Unveiling

12-30-2015, 06:33 AM #5
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I don't really know what to say to all this.

But if it ever comes down to us needing to wear gas masks all the time; I want a hot pink one. With silver sparkles. And a cute bubblegum pink one for my daughter. (My son would want bright green, like a Creeper from Minecraft.)

Methane gas...I wonder if that explains why so many people have such youthful voices these days...or I'm confusing it with the effects of something else...

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 2 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • sophiaponders, The Creeper

12-30-2015, 11:42 AM #6
The Creeper
Chaplain
(12-30-2015, 06:33 AM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  I don't really know what to say to all this.

But if it ever comes down to us needing to wear gas masks all the time; I want a hot pink one. With silver sparkles. And a cute bubblegum pink one for my daughter. (My son would want bright green, like a Creeper from Minecraft.)

Methane gas...I wonder if that explains why so many people have such youthful voices these days...or I'm confusing it with the effects of something else...

Methane gas is what farts are made out of. Thats why you can set fire to them. Smile

I try to avoid breathing in fart gas if I can help it Big Grin It can't be good for you. I don't know if my voice is youthful or not.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 2 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • sophiaponders, Thy Unveiling

12-30-2015, 02:06 PM #7
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Ew. Well...we all add to the methane, then.

Your voice is like mine in that sometimes it's really deep, other times its very youthful. I guess it depends on mood etc...when you say your chipper "Hello!!!!" Its kinda deep. Then you have the cutest laugh...I'm gushing again...

Um yeah, I think we all prefer to avoid breathing in farts.

Except this one guy where I clean. Idk who he is, but I swear he gets off on stinking up the men's room with his bowels from Hell. The stench is so foul and lingering, its almost visible and wafts all the way down the hall. I've left airfreshner in there as a hint, but he refuses to use it. The only explanation is he gets some sort of sick sexual pleasure off making everyone else smell his demon spawn craps. Every day i go in there, he makes me want to throw up. If I knew what office grunt this is, I would confront him directly, and if he stuttered any "scent allergy" bs I would inform him that he's setting off other people's scent allergies with his rotten ass. Seriously, if a person craps like THAT every single day, they should probably see a doctor or change their diet. Every! Single! Day!

Effing guy releases mushroom clouds along with killer doses of methane gas....

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 3 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • sophiaponders, xoa., The Creeper

12-30-2015, 05:43 PM #8
sophiaponders
Chaplain
lol TU & Creeper Big Grin
This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 05:43 PM by sophiaponders.

The following 1 user Likes sophiaponders's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

01-08-2016, 11:17 PM #9
sophiaponders
Chaplain
update: yikes Sad
how is this not national news?

This post was last modified: 01-08-2016, 11:21 PM by sophiaponders.

The following 1 user Likes sophiaponders's post:
  • The Creeper

01-09-2016, 07:02 AM #10
Vger
Marshall
I really don't believe anything I see in the news anymore. I know Obama hates fossil fuels. How hard would it be to fake a methane gas leak to demonize domestic fuel production. Look how he has almost destroyed the coal industry in this country.