#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994)

06-15-2015, 07:26 PM #1
TekTek
Squire
I was flipping through the old mind control box, when I came upon an old movie. Wes Craven's New Nightmare, one of the many editions of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. I had long stopped watching these movies as I have become more and more sensitive to the negative material of which these stories are made.

Well, I just happened to come in on a part where the actress who played Nancy in a couple of the movies was at Craven's house talking about something being wrong with her son. Craven says something that floored me. He told Heather that there are demons that can be caught by stories that storytellers create. They can use these demons to do their bidding, and that is what he did with the demon that became Freddie Kruger. Now, this isn't a man playing Wes Craven, the writer and director of these movies, this is the actual man himself. He goes on to say that they can use these demons for their means as long as the stories are being told, books being written and movies being made. But, once these stop and these stories are not in the minds of the people anymore, the power the storyteller had over these demons are lessened and the demons are released into our dimension.

I was kind of floored when he said this. I don't recall in the early '90's  as much symbology  about the occult as there is now. Is this true? I can't help but think about what I have learned and think that this was another instance where the elite were telling us something.

I think to Cabin in the Woods, by Joss Whedon. Here, we learn that all those being made up from stories, movies, etc. are all really real. Does this mean something?

06-15-2015, 08:10 PM #2
Corvus Metus
Marshall
The only similar concept to anything like that in the occult is the tulpa, a materialized thought taking physical form, which is a concept in some forms of Tibetan Buddhism.  A similar concept is the thoughtform in Western occultism.   In either sense, they are not so much a demon as a psychic being created by people and are only semi-real.

And personally, while I've known a lot of people who've dabbled in the occult in my life, I've never seen anything actually work other than on a personal, psychic level.   

That being said, the possibility of everything being real makes sense with the many-worlds theory.  For example; the world we live in, the Allies won World War II.  There would be another world, where the Axis won.  There's a possibility of infinite worlds; a world where when you got up  this morning you had a fantastic breakfast, a  world where you stubbed your toe getting out a bed, maybe even a world where you're still sleeping right now.   So I suppose, since it could be conceived, in the many-worlds theory there could be a world where fiction is real.

But in this world?  Fiction is fiction.  No matter how much I want to have a giant mech suit and punch out Cthulhu, it won't happen.  Since giant mech suits are still a ways off and Cthulhu isn't real.

I've come to see in the Land of the Free,  there's only a future for the chosen few.
Billy Bragg - To Have And To Have Not

06-15-2015, 08:20 PM #3
sophiaponders
Chaplain
I never watched any of the sequels of this film, only the original one. I was young, and had seen many horror movies before that one, but for some reason that one scared the hell out of me. i remember lying in bed thinking, am i asleep or awake after that. For some reason the psychology of that in the movie really scared me. In retrospect, it also reminds me of Poe's 'dream within in dream' statement. & Poe also creeps me out. lol
This post was last modified: 06-15-2015, 08:21 PM by sophiaponders.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/

06-15-2015, 10:13 PM #4
TonyVanDam
Justiciar
(06-15-2015, 08:20 PM)sophiaponders Wrote:  I never watched any of the sequels of this film,  only the original one. I was young, and had seen many horror movies before that one, but for some reason that one scared the hell out of me. i remember lying in bed thinking, am i asleep or awake after that. For some reason the psychology of that in the movie really scared me. In retrospect, it also reminds me of Poe's 'dream within in dream' statement. & Poe also creeps me out. lol

When it comes to A Nightmare On Elm Street, only Part 1 & 3 are true horror classics. Part 2 is OK despite going off-topic to issues of homoeroticism. But Part 4, 5, & The Final Nightmare are freaking jokes.

06-15-2015, 10:24 PM #5
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(06-15-2015, 10:13 PM)TonyVanDam Wrote:  
(06-15-2015, 08:20 PM)sophiaponders Wrote:  I never watched any of the sequels of this film,  only the original one. I was young, and had seen many horror movies before that one, but for some reason that one scared the hell out of me. i remember lying in bed thinking, am i asleep or awake after that. For some reason the psychology of that in the movie really scared me. In retrospect, it also reminds me of Poe's 'dream within in dream' statement. & Poe also creeps me out. lol

When it comes to A Nightmare On Elm Street, only Part 1 & 3 are true horror classics. Part 2 is OK despite going off-topic to issues of homoeroticism. But Part 4, 5, & The Final Nightmare are freaking jokes.

I see. Thanks for sparing me from watching the bad ones Tongue
Honestly I got so scared at the first one i never watched anymore lol

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/

06-15-2015, 11:30 PM #6
TekTek
Squire
For me, Wes Craven brings the most horrifying creatures to our reality. Hellraiser...man, my fear is pain...so let's bring these beings from Hell that only get off on torturing you and tearing your soul apart.

And Nightmare on Elm Street also struck a similar chord. Things can be scary, but you can take solace in your sleep. Not any more! Here is Freddy Kruger that will haunt you in your dreams...and when you die in your dreams, you die in real life. Oh, that is really psychologically terrifying for me.

06-15-2015, 11:50 PM #7
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(06-15-2015, 11:30 PM)TekTek Wrote:  For me, Wes Craven brings the most horrifying creatures to our reality. Hellraiser...man, my fear is pain...so let's bring these beings from Hell that only get off on torturing you and tearing your soul apart.

And Nightmare on Elm Street also struck a similar chord. Things can be scary, but you can take solace in your sleep. Not any more! Here is Freddy Kruger that will haunt you in your dreams...and when you die in your dreams, you die in real life. Oh, that is really psychologically terrifying for me.

lol.. i found out a few years ago that there used to be a care taker that lived in a room in the basement of my building that has been boarded up since i moved in. It is attached to the boiler/laundrey room. Then I found out that the reason why it was boarded up was because he burnt to death in his bed. I needed some genuine deep breaths at that one.. smh. Hopefully he wasnt like Krueger tho, lol.

06-16-2015, 12:13 AM #8
TonyVanDam
Justiciar
(06-15-2015, 10:24 PM)sophiaponders Wrote:  
(06-15-2015, 10:13 PM)TonyVanDam Wrote:  

I see. Thanks for sparing me from watching the bad ones Tongue
Honestly I got so scared at the first one i never watched anymore lol

I highly recommend viewing Part 3: The Dream Warriors, simply because it's more connected with Part 1.

(06-15-2015, 11:30 PM)TekTek Wrote:  For me, Wes Craven brings the most horrifying creatures to our reality. Hellraiser...man, my fear is pain...so let's bring these beings from Hell that only get off on torturing you and tearing your soul apart.

The main lesson I've learn from Part 1 & 3 is that people have nightmares because they never learn to face their fears by knowing how to control their dream. I wouldn't know until later on in life that this tie-in with the topic about the Third Eye.
This post was last modified: 06-16-2015, 12:22 AM by TonyVanDam.

06-16-2015, 02:02 AM #9
monkt
Squire
The 90s movies were full of occult too, yes. As a matter of fact since the introduction of movies..early 1900s, they were full of occult as well

06-16-2015, 04:48 PM #10
CountDracula
Marshall
I remember that scene well. They kept making the films as a way to keep the demon at peace temporarily, so after "Freddy's Dead" killed off Freddy and the films weren't made anymore that allowed the demon to slip into reality. That was the premise of the whole film which was very clever if I do say so. New Nightmare is actually my favorite of the series. I like it even more than the original. All of the sequels aren't technically "good" but they're at least fun to watch and that's all I ask for in a film. The remake is neither good nor fun so it has absolutely no entertainment value.