#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Lord of the Rings - Hidden meaning?

06-15-2015, 06:58 AM #1
Mindshift
Squire
I remember the first time I saw the Lord of the Rings movie, I was estatic! It was unlike every other movie I had ever seen. A great storyline, a world with dwarves, elves, orcs and other phantasy figures, great special effects and an amazing plot. I've to admit I got sucked in big time.

Some time after seeing the trilogy I became aware of the hidden meaning of songs, movies and symbols (via sites like VC, youtube and such). And I wondered if this would be the case with the LOTR trilogy. My mother always had the feeling there may be a underlaying connection to biblical themes. Reason enough for me to put it to the test. 

I found these website that claim to have unraveled the hidden meaning, which I'm diving into today:

http://powerpointparadise.com/beyondstar...nglotr.htm

http://www.bewilderingstories.com/issue2...ssay1.html

http://www.illuminati-news.com/tolkien-occult.htm

Did some of you already research the LOTR series? What are your findings? I'll post mine when I'm done.

P.S.: J.R.R. Tolkien looks like an interesting person to dive into btw.
This post was last modified: 06-15-2015, 08:23 AM by Mindshift. Edit Reason: P.S.

06-16-2015, 12:13 AM #2
Armas
Marshall
(06-15-2015, 06:58 AM)Mindshift Wrote:  I remember the first time I saw the Lord of the Rings movie, I was estatic! It was unlike every other movie I had ever seen. A great storyline, a world with dwarves, elves, orcs and other phantasy figures, great special effects and an amazing plot. I've to admit I got sucked in big time.

Some time after seeing the trilogy I became aware of the hidden meaning of songs, movies and symbols (via sites like VC, youtube and such). And I wondered if this would be the case with the LOTR trilogy. My mother always had the feeling there may be a underlaying connection to biblical themes. Reason enough for me to put it to the test. 

I found these website that claim to have unraveled the hidden meaning, which I'm diving into today:

http://powerpointparadise.com/beyondstar...nglotr.htm

http://www.bewilderingstories.com/issue2...ssay1.html

http://www.illuminati-news.com/tolkien-occult.htm

Did some of you already research the LOTR series? What are your findings? I'll post mine when I'm done.

P.S.: J.R.R. Tolkien looks like an interesting person to dive into btw.

Have not done any research but I have some connections. Like they battle for the middle earth? They mean a battle for middle east maybe? Considering Middle East will be the center of wars and end of times events. I have seen The Hobbit 1 and 2. The dwarfs story line is very similar to zionists where they are trying to retrieve "their land". They portray palestinians as an evil dragon lols. Their language is similar to Hebrew. Here are quotes from Tolkien himself:

Quote:Tolkien noted some similarities between Dwarves and Jews: both were "at once natives and aliens in their habitations, speaking the languages of the country, but with an accent due to their own private tongue…".[1] Tolkien also commented of the Dwarves that "their words are Semitic obviously, constructed to be Semitic."[2] Tolkien based Dwarvish language on the Semitic languages. Like these, Khuzdul has triconsonantal roots: kh-z-d, b-n-d, z-g-l. Also other similarities to Hebrew in phonology and morphology have been observed.[3][4]

06-16-2015, 01:59 AM #3
monkt
Squire
Although tolkien was a strong catholic, he did have knowledge of the occult. Im not really sure if those occult themes found their way into his writings with any deep meaning..but certainly his Catholic beliefs did.

Well..that statement is ironic, considering I believe the Catholic church is full of occult teachings and rituals but I digress

06-16-2015, 04:52 PM #4
jesusknight
Peasant
Tolkien adamantly and publicly denied any hidden political and environmental themes whatsoever in his trilogy.

That said, there do seem to be many 'themes within themes' in The Hobbit and The Lord Of The Rings movies and books, mostly occultist in nature. Mind control, as we see from the gradual transformation of Saruman from a good guy to an evil warlord, via the communication orb he uses to talk to Sauron, his handler.
There is the ring, itself, which can, if given the chance, control the desires of its 'handler' or owner to do its will.
Gandalf, who dies and then is 'reborn' as Gandalf the 'white', seems a sort of Christ figure, who died to save his friends, and returns to save them yet again.

The books and movies are so replete with this stuff, any in-depth look would take quite a long time.. and yes, I've done it, but its way too long for this blog.

06-16-2015, 06:55 PM #5
Gorilla
Marshall
(06-16-2015, 12:13 AM)Armas Wrote:  Have not done any research but I have some connections. Like they battle for the middle earth? They mean a battle for middle east maybe? Considering Middle East will be the center of wars and end of times events. I have seen The Hobbit 1 and 2. The dwarfs story line is very similar to zionists where they are trying to retrieve "their land". They portray palestinians as an evil dragon lols. Their language is similar to Hebrew. Here are quotes from Tolkien himself:
Quote:Tolkien noted some similarities between Dwarves and Jews: both were "at once natives and aliens in their habitations, speaking the languages of the country, but with an accent due to their own private tongue…".[1] Tolkien also commented of the Dwarves that "their words are Semitic obviously, constructed to be Semitic."[2] Tolkien based Dwarvish language on the Semitic languages. Like these, Khuzdul has triconsonantal roots: kh-z-d, b-n-d, z-g-l. Also other similarities to Hebrew in phonology and morphology have been observed.[3][4]
The parallels between Tolkien's dwarves and the Jews are interesting indeed. Starts with the name Moria, underground city of the Longbeard clans in Middle-Earth, also the name in the Bible for the mount of Isaac's sacrifice, presumed, although contested, to be the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.

The dwarves mine metals. The Midianites (Jethro's/Moses' tribe) were copper miners.

The dwarves dug too greedy and too deep and laid bear a demon, Balrog. Nimrod was a god of copper. Nimrod is the Babylonian counterpart of the Semitic Ba'al.

You already mentioned the exile and return home.

Thorin was accompanied by 12 dwarves. Moses led the 12 tribes of Israel home.

This doesn't necessarily imply a hidden message of course. Tolkien was learned in mythology and used it as a source of inspiration.

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired.

06-17-2015, 03:51 PM #6
Blodfleur
Marshall
I think there are definitely hidden meanings.. the ones I noticed are odd though - I blame a blog I came across called the dead sea scrolls or something like that... anyway after reading his blog I noticed lots of a specific kind of occult symbolism everyehere.. its going to sound really weird, if I can find a link to the blog I'll post it and thatll explain it. But anyway I think the hidden meaning in LOTR is about the occult belief of illumination through sodomy Blush , mainly just from the books - I've not watched or read them all but in the first book I noticed what I took to be slang for male genitalia - such as a character called 'Fatty Bolger' and other similar references which I cant remember right now but will look up and of course theyre all chasing a ring Rolleyes Blush Shy   humour me, it maybe nothing

http://theopenscroll.blogspot.co.uk/2012...teway.html this explains better than I can about the sodomy illumination link, its really interesting and led me to notice these symbols all over the media. I'm not endorsing the blog at all, I don't agree with everything on there, though some of it is very compelling. And I have nothing against gay people whatsoever, I am bisexual... it just so happens that sodomy is apparently used in MK and as a way to achieve or force illumination and open the 3rd eye
This post was last modified: 06-17-2015, 04:05 PM by Blodfleur.

Always go too far, because that's where you'll find the truth. (Albert Camus)

06-17-2015, 09:51 PM #7
Corvus Metus
Marshall
As mentioned, Tolkien vehemently denied that there was any hidden message behind Lord of the Rings. And he did this, consistently. As someone whose an aspiring author myself, I believe him.

It's something that people, who aren't creators themselves, don't seem to understand. Yes, our ideologies (spiritual and political) do influence our writing. You can find elements of Tolkien's Catholicism in his work, just like you can find H.P. Lovecraft's xenophobia and racism in his. However, when it comes to more imaginative fiction very few authors have agendas and even if they do, they're usually very open about it. (Grant Morrison, one of the most respected comic book authors, for example includes a lot of occult themes in his work and is very open with the fact that he's a practicing chaos magician.)

We're usually a proud lot.  Of course, people are free to read into things as they like and take what they want from any work of art; that's the point of art, after all.   That  doesn't mean anything this there.   

I've come to see in the Land of the Free,  there's only a future for the chosen few.
Billy Bragg - To Have And To Have Not

06-21-2015, 08:47 PM #8
Sarge
Marshall
Aside from the obvious symbolism, i always drew the parallels between the films and the current conflicts in the world.

Someone has said it already, but middle earth being the middle east. Gondor/Men are from the West and oddly enough the Easterlings (from the east) side with Sauron lol