#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Who was the best U.S. President in the post-JFK era?

06-15-2015, 04:18 AM #1
TonyVanDam
Justiciar
I would like to think it was President William J. Clinton, but it would be for the very wrong reasons. If this dude was anything else in life apart from Arkansas Governor and/or U.S. President, Bill Clinton would have been a mack! lol

But seriously, who do you say was/is the best U.S. President in the post-JFK era. Remember, your choices are from LBJ to Obama. Have fun thinking about it! Big Grin

@VC &/or mods.....I think thread should be in The Lounge or General Discussion forum.
This post was last modified: 06-15-2015, 07:09 PM by TonyVanDam.

06-15-2015, 05:15 AM #2
Mindshift
Squire
Off-topic: I think this post better fits in the "The Lounge", since it has nothing to do with news or current events. 

How do you define "best president"?
Many had great ideas with seamingly the best interest of the general public in mind, but failed to deliver the promises. But thats a given in politics.

(06-15-2015, 04:18 AM)TonyVanDam Wrote:  I would like to think it was President William J. Clinton, but it would be for the very wrong reasons. If this dude was anything else in life apart from Arkansas Governor and/or U.S. President, Bill Clinton would have been a mack! lol

But seriously, who do you say was/is the best U.S. President in the post-JFK era. Remember, your choices are from LBJ to Obama. Have fun thinking about it!  Big Grin

06-15-2015, 07:09 PM #3
VC
Administrator
Moved thread to General Discussion.

The fact that you are not aware of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

06-16-2015, 02:32 AM #4
monkt
Squire
None..its like picking the best toilet paper..who cares its gonna be full of you know what anyways

06-16-2015, 07:05 PM #5
Alexandra
Knight
Would you rather have sugar, aspartame, or sucralose?

I'd say none of the above.

JFK for all his womanizing (I heard he actually got saved--became a Christian--shortly before his death) did try to actually do his job, and he did warn us about secret societies.  My guess is TPTB wanted to make sure THAT didn't happen again.  No doubt any president now is told, "Look what we did to JFK and people are still guessing."

06-16-2015, 10:26 PM #6
TonyVanDam
Justiciar
(06-15-2015, 07:09 PM)VC Wrote:  Moved thread to General Discussion.

Thanks! Smile

(06-16-2015, 02:32 AM)monkt Wrote:  None..its like picking the best toilet paper..who cares its gonna be full of you know what anyways

Good point. lol

(06-16-2015, 07:05 PM)Alexandra Wrote:  Would you rather have sugar, aspartame, or sucralose?

I'd say none of the above.

JFK for all his womanizing (I heard he actually got saved--became a Christian--shortly before his death) did try to actually do his job, and he did warn us about secret societies.  My guess is TPTB wanted to make sure THAT didn't happen again.  No doubt any president now is told, "Look what we did to JFK and people are still guessing."

Raw honey! Tongue

Now seriously, I'm convince even today that President Kennedy was THE last ever true U.S. President.
This post was last modified: 06-16-2015, 10:35 PM by TonyVanDam.

06-17-2015, 10:22 AM #7
gooner4life
Knight
Obama, has finally helped the US move on from being one of the most conservative areas in the West!

06-17-2015, 10:51 AM #8
Alexandra
Knight
(06-17-2015, 10:22 AM)gooner4life Wrote:  Obama, has finally helped the US move on from being one of the most conservative areas in the West!

And how is this good?

06-17-2015, 10:52 AM #9
gooner4life
Knight
(06-17-2015, 10:51 AM)Alexandra Wrote:  
(06-17-2015, 10:22 AM)gooner4life Wrote:  Obama, has finally helped the US move on from being one of the most conservative areas in the West!

And how is this good?
He has stopped the conspiracy culture
Showed those racists that a Black can become president
Showed that racist conservatives will not be pandered to
Took necessary decisions to improve quality of life!

(06-17-2015, 10:51 AM)Alexandra Wrote:  

And how is this good?
He has stopped the conspiracy culture
Showed those racists that a Black can become president
Showed that racist conservatives will not be pandered to
Took necessary decisions to improve quality of life!
This post was last modified: 06-17-2015, 10:52 AM by gooner4life.

06-17-2015, 11:03 AM #10
Alexandra
Knight
As one of those "racists" you like to harp on about...would it surprise you that blacks voted for Obama BECAUSE he's black?

I had no doubt a black guy could become president if you have enough of the sheeple denying that there are differences among the races that go way beyond skin color.  Then you have anti-White racist Eric Holder as AG (or we had).

Improve quality of life?  You're serious, aren't you?

I have to throw in that racism isn't always hateful.  There is nothing hateful about acknowledging the differences or wanting to associate with others of your own race.  What IS hateful is persecuting someone JUST BECAUSE they're of a different race...like blacks and their stupid knock-out and polar-bear hunting games!  Yes, they DO go around attacking people BECAUSE they're White (or Asian).  And we get accused of doing the same!  Projection much?