#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Days before Christmas, Bethlehem erects ‘resistance tree’ outside Nativity Church

12-23-2015, 06:21 PM #1
sophiaponders
Chaplain
Video: Days before Christmas, Bethlehem erects ‘resistance tree’ outside the Nativity Church to show the world that Palestinians existence under Zionist occupation is resistance- and that Palestinians will continue to live in their land regardless of the daily oppression, theft and persecution they face.

Bethlehem, Palestine:

Tourists, political leaders, activists and residents of Bethlehem gathered right in front of the Nativity Church Thursday night with an unusual message. While December is usually a time for cheerful Christmas celebrations at the Nativity, this year the people of Bethlehem have been unable to put aside the political turmoil for the sake of the holiday.

With Christmas just days away, the city of Bethlehem erected what they call a “Resistance Tree.” The tree, an olive tree which was recently uprooted by Israeli forces from a nearby neighborhood, was placed in the center of the main square, overlooking the towering Christmas tree and historical Nativity church. Instead of baubles and tinsel, the Resistance Tree was decorated with tear gas canisters clinking together like bells, photos of Palestinians recently killed or detained, Palestinian national scarves and sling shots.

At the “lighting ceremony,” the Mayor of Bethlehem, Vera Baboun spoke to the crowd, “This tree is our message,” Baboun said. “We plant our roots and we are rooted to this land. Olive trees are the trees of life. We see our people’s eyes and the hopes of our women and the dreams of our men reflected off this tree.”

Around the tree, activists laid tear gas canisters in the shape of a star, lighting candles from the metal cylinders which were collected after protests in the city with Israeli forces.

“Even with the Israelis speaking a language of death, we speak a language of life,” the mayor proclaimed.

Via Mondoweiss http://mondoweiss.net/2015/12/christmas-...resistance
This post was last modified: 12-23-2015, 06:22 PM by sophiaponders.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 4 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • mani2368, Trenton, Serendipity, Tarikko

12-23-2015, 06:25 PM #2
sophiaponders
Chaplain

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 3 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • Trenton, Serendipity, Tarikko

12-23-2015, 06:36 PM #3
Serendipity
Justiciar
Banksy's Christmas card

Thank you for sharing this Sophia, it's uplifting in the middle of all the chaos that's going on over there. I've been there during the Christmas season, the atmosphere is beautiful Smile

This also shows how Muslims and Christians live in perfect harmony regardless of what the Israelis try to portray.
This post was last modified: 12-23-2015, 06:40 PM by Serendipity.

"Happiness only real when shared" - Christopher McCandless
The following 4 users Like Serendipity's post:
  • Trenton, Goku, Tarikko, sophiaponders

12-23-2015, 06:42 PM #4
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(12-23-2015, 06:36 PM)Serendipity Wrote:  Banksy's Christmas card

Thank you for sharing this Sophia, it's uplifting in the middle of all the chaos that's going on over there. I've been there during the Christmas season, the atmosphere is beautiful Smile

My pleasure dear Serendipity Heart
I have not been to Palestine yet- though my heart is always there and with all of the wonderful Palestinian people there and in exile. One day, God willing I will go. Smile
Oh.. and I love the Banksy Christmas card and all of the art he has done on the walls. And most of all, as you have mentioned- the loving unity of the Muslims and Christians there Smile
This post was last modified: 12-23-2015, 06:46 PM by sophiaponders.

The following 3 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • Tarikko, Trenton, Serendipity

12-23-2015, 06:50 PM #5
Serendipity
Justiciar
(12-23-2015, 06:42 PM)sophiaponders Wrote:  

My pleasure dear Serendipity  Heart
I have not been to Palestine yet- though my heart is always there and with all of the wonderful Palestinian people there and in exile. One day, God willing I will go. Smile
Oh.. and I love the Banksy Christmas card and all of the art he has done on the walls. And most of all, as you have mentioned- the wonderful unity of the Muslims and Christians there  Smile

You have a beautiful soul Sophia Smile. Your support is appreciated more than you will ever know. 

You should really visit it someday. You will definitely be treated better then us lol. If you ever go there, let me know. It's been a while since I've been there as well.

The following 3 users Like Serendipity's post:
  • Tarikko, Trenton, xoa.

12-23-2015, 11:57 PM #6
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(12-23-2015, 06:50 PM)Serendipity Wrote:  
(12-23-2015, 06:42 PM)sophiaponders Wrote:  

My pleasure dear Serendipity  Heart
Oh.. and I love the Banksy Christmas card and all of the art he has done on the walls. And most of all, as you have mentioned- the wonderful unity of the Muslims and Christians there  Smile

You have a beautiful soul Sophia Smile. Your support is appreciated more than you will ever know. 

You should really visit it someday. You will definitely be treated better then us lol. If you ever go there, let me know. It's been a while since I've been there as well.

Thank you dear sister, the beauty in my soul is a reflection of the beauty of your soul, and all of God's children. We are also one. Heart
The evil 'one' shall not prevail.
I will visit someday... as I said God willing.. but i'm almost 100% sure I am just as much on the Zionists shit list at this point as you are- lol. May we all go there and enjoy beauty, kindreds, love and faith when they are gone, thanks to God and Christ.
Much love to you, Palestine and all this Christmas season.. and also a blessed day  to the believers in the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) whos birthday this year lands on Dec.24th. May we all struggle in God's word and will and overcome evil with God's help & belief in His promises and have wisdom in these troublesome times.
Ameen
This post was last modified: 12-24-2015, 12:04 AM by sophiaponders.
The following 2 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • Tarikko, Serendipity

12-24-2015, 02:37 AM #7
sophiaponders
Chaplain

• Tarikko, Serendipity

12-27-2015, 06:32 AM #8
Serendipity
Justiciar
Israelis at it again  Rolleyes

"Christmas has no place in the holy land" - Far Right Israeli Leader

However, the Arab member of the Knesset Dr. Ahmad Tibi had the perfect response 

Dr. Tibi's response

“And, to Gopstein and his followers, I say this: the soles of our Christian brothers’ shoes are worth more than you and everyone who stands with you. The Christians in this country are the natives of the land.” 

The following 2 users Like Serendipity's post:
  • Tarikko, sophiaponders

12-27-2015, 03:13 PM #9
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(12-27-2015, 06:32 AM)Serendipity Wrote:  Israelis at it again  Rolleyes

"Christmas has no place in the holy land" - Far Right Israeli Leader

However, the Arab member of the Knesset Dr. Ahmad Tibi had the perfect response 

Dr. Tibi's response

“And, to Gopstein and his followers, I say this: the soles of our Christian brothers’ shoes are worth more than you and everyone who stands with you. The Christians in this country are the natives of the land.” 

I wrote this on my Facebook page but sharing in regards to your last post sis :

In his annual 'Christmas address' to the 'Christians' of the world this year; as always- PM Netanyahu said that 'Israel is the only place in the Middle East where Christians can celebrate Christmas freely' and or 'practise Christianity freely'. Except.. he is LYING as usual. Honestly, it is fine if Jews do not celebrate Christmas if they do not want to.It's okay, it doesn't bother me. It's also fine if they do. It is his and the Zionist state's lying and political usage of Christians that bothers me. It is absolutely nuts that Israel pretends to the world that it is a 'beacon of freedom' to Christians in the ME, while elsewhere (including Palestine), Christians suffer. In fact: Zionist Israel is the only place I DIDNT this year and dont any year see any Christmas celebrations in Israel in the news. Not one photo of a church, a tree, santa, nothing. And when Christmas does come up by the govt in local news- it is hatefully sectarian, because it is an Arab holiday, not embraced. Actually- it was the only place that DIDNT have any celebrations in the news- this year, and years past- all countries surrounding it (ie Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, and of course Palestine- (who are Christians and Muslims) all had intercommunal and inter-faith Christmas celebrations EXCEPT Israel in the news. Even in GAZA- where nutanyahu claims Hamas are extreme to Christians- there were Christmas celebrations. What a lying shmuck.

The following 1 user Likes sophiaponders's post:
  • Tarikko

12-27-2015, 03:19 PM #10
sophiaponders
Chaplain
Also, I would like to add.. their 'grinchiness' has nothing to do with Jewish law. I respect if Jews (and others) see the idolatry that is in Christmas. However.. Zionists arent even real Jews. They break every law in the book. This has to do with RACISM not 'Jewish law'. And true Jews (and others) respect others communities to do as they wish even if they do not take part. Or do. I am sick of this rogue state's charades.
This post was last modified: 12-27-2015, 03:20 PM by sophiaponders.

• Sidhuriel, Tarikko