#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The Big Brainwash

12-22-2015, 05:01 PM #1
JackTrades
Knight
What are we doing to ourselves? We have convinced ourselves that we live our lives in the servitude of others! We prepare our children for this slavery and convince ourselves that this is the way it is supposed to be.
From the age of four we are put in brainwash institutions called school to learn how to waste our lives for the benefit of a happy few. We are taught to listen, learn, behave and follow rules we have absolutely no say in. We learn how to compete against each other. We learn if you don't follow these sets of rules that you are not good enough, not worthy of respect. This way we learn not to trust each other. Then after a few years of this mental torture we start putting ourselves in categories; Smart kid, stupid kid, troublemaker, leader material and drop outs, to name but a few.
This label is then attached to us for almost always the rest of our lives. And then, after this period of brainwashing that lasts for at least twelve years but can be extended to over twenty, we are expected to find a "slave" position in the "factories" of the brain-dead. The vast majority of us starts working, wasting our energy and time, to get hold of the biggest slavery tool of them all. MONEY!!! And what do we do with the toil of our blood sweat and tears? We spend it on material goods that a few smart (read: evil) men say we need. They make us believe that we need their shit, like cosmetics, the latest fashion and the newest car, etc., etc.... That if you don't have these things, you are not cool, you don't belong, that you are a loser. And we fall for this! So we spend our whole lives on a treadmill, running but we never get anywhere. And deep down most of us know that this is happening to us, so we get frustrated about how powerless we are, we get jealous of people who only have it marginally better than us. And by the time they (the system and the people behind it) let us have our well-earned rest. We are too old and too miserable to really enjoy our time of "freedom". A lot of us do not even make it to this age. At the end of our lives most of us regret never to have followed their real passion. We regret to have wasted our lives on things we can't take with us to our graves. We are afraid to die because even at this late stage in life we still believe we can correct all those bad decisions and take all those missed opportunities.

I think it is time to stop all this nonsense Time to change this system that only allow a small percentage of us to do as they/we please while others have to work for the benefit of this small group. Every baby born in this world has talents and a BIG potential for amazing achievements and it is time we start allowing for everyone to reach that full potential.  Everyone should be able to get the basics for living a healthy and long life and should be handed the tools to develop their talents to their full capacity. And all this is possible folks!!! If we just start caring about others, not only the ones we like but everyone. Even the misguided aggressive ones. We can redistribute our planetary natural recourses to make this happen. "Imagine no possession" John Lennon used to sing. Well, he was a true prophet after all because that is the only way to go. Ownership of anything is just an idea, a concept, it is not real. This is an invention of greedy people for who having a lot is not enough. They are the ones who have fooled us into believing that property is real and that you are allowed to do anything to defend it. Even kill!!! These few are the reason we have war, poverty, religious conflict and misery in our lives. They have created this horrible scenario we now have on our beautiful planet. And now, clearly, they are becoming too greedy. They cannot stop to milk us of everything we have. So in their greediness they have overreached their greed and now the masses are starting to have enough of it. Less and less of us accept our current predicament. And there is no stopping this movement because in their greed they have created a system that is un-sustainable. We have a finite situation with an infinite system. A limited living space, this planet, and a system that demands growth and increase of profit. Some would say a situation of an unstoppable force meeting an unmovable object, but in this case the supposed unstoppable force (the capitalist system) will turn out to be not as unstoppable as we think. This system will break down. The only thing we have to decide is how to deal with this breakdown. What we will replace it with. If we do nothing and let this system break down by its own stupidity we will create an un-imaginable amount of grief. World War II will look like a picnic in the park on a sunny Sunday afternoon, compared to the mayhem that will follow the implosion of this system.
Or we can intervene and gently relieve our old leaders of their powers, take away all excess property of the filthy rich and start taking care of ourselves and each other. No one excluded!

And the next bit is vital!!! 

One last final advice and please do not forget this. We do not take revenge on our old leaders and the rich. This is one of the most important bits of this coming change people! We have to break this ongoing chain of violence that is poisonous to our spirit. No more generations of hatred for past wrongdoings. 

THE VIOLENCE STOPS NOW!!!!! 

Pease, Curiosity and Diversity to you all

"Breathe in, Breathe out"
The following 5 users Like JackTrades's post:
  • Tarikko, The Creeper, Trenton, Serendipity, Goku

12-22-2015, 05:27 PM #2
Lisa
Chaplain
(12-22-2015, 05:01 PM)JackTrades Wrote:  What are we doing to ourselves? We have convinced ourselves that we live our lives in the servitude of others! We prepare our children for this slavery and convince ourselves that this is the way it is supposed to be.
From the age of four we are put in brainwash institutions called school to learn how to waste our lives for the benefit of a happy few. We are taught to listen, learn, behave and follow rules we have absolutely no say in. We learn how to compete against each other. We learn if you don't follow these sets of rules that you are not good enough, not worthy of respect. This way we learn not to trust each other. Then after a few years of this mental torture we start putting ourselves in categories; Smart kid, stupid kid, troublemaker, leader material and drop outs, to name but a few.
This label is then attached to us for almost always the rest of our lives. And then, after this period of brainwashing that lasts for at least twelve years but can be extended to over twenty, we are expected to find a "slave" position in the "factories" of the brain-dead. The vast majority of us starts working, wasting our energy and time, to get hold of the biggest slavery tool of them all. MONEY!!! And what do we do with the toil of our blood sweat and tears? We spend it on material goods that a few smart (read: evil) men say we need. They make us believe that we need their shit, like cosmetics, the latest fashion and the newest car, etc., etc.... That if you don't have these things, you are not cool, you don't belong, that you are a loser. And we fall for this! So we spend our whole lives on a treadmill, running but we never get anywhere. And deep down most of us know that this is happening to us, so we get frustrated about how powerless we are, we get jealous of people who only have it marginally better than us. And by the time they (the system and the people behind it) let us have our well-earned rest. We are too old and too miserable to really enjoy our time of "freedom". A lot of us do not even make it to this age. At the end of our lives most of us regret never to have followed their real passion. We regret to have wasted our lives on things we can't take with us to our graves. We are afraid to die because even at this late stage in life we still believe we can correct all those bad decisions and take all those missed opportunities.

I think it is time to stop all this nonsense Time to change this system that only allow a small percentage of us to do as they/we please while others have to work for the benefit of this small group. Every baby born in this world has talents and a BIG potential for amazing achievements and it is time we start allowing for everyone to reach that full potential.  Everyone should be able to get the basics for living a healthy and long life and should be handed the tools to develop their talents to their full capacity. And all this is possible folks!!! If we just start caring about others, not only the ones we like but everyone. Even the misguided aggressive ones. We can redistribute our planetary natural recourses to make this happen. "Imagine no possession" John Lennon used to sing. Well, he was a true prophet after all because that is the only way to go. Ownership of anything is just an idea, a concept, it is not real. This is an invention of greedy people for who having a lot is not enough. They are the ones who have fooled us into believing that property is real and that you are allowed to do anything to defend it. Even kill!!! These few are the reason we have war, poverty, religious conflict and misery in our lives. They have created this horrible scenario we now have on our beautiful planet. And now, clearly, they are becoming too greedy. They cannot stop to milk us of everything we have. So in their greediness they have overreached their greed and now the masses are starting to have enough of it. Less and less of us accept our current predicament. And there is no stopping this movement because in their greed they have created a system that is un-sustainable. We have a finite situation with an infinite system. A limited living space, this planet, and a system that demands growth and increase of profit. Some would say a situation of an unstoppable force meeting an unmovable object, but in this case the supposed unstoppable force (the capitalist system) will turn out to be not as unstoppable as we think. This system will break down. The only thing we have to decide is how to deal with this breakdown. What we will replace it with. If we do nothing and let this system break down by its own stupidity we will create an un-imaginable amount of grief. World War II will look like a picnic in the park on a sunny Sunday afternoon, compared to the mayhem that will follow the implosion of this system.
Or we can intervene and gently relieve our old leaders of their powers, take away all excess property of the filthy rich and start taking care of ourselves and each other. No one excluded!

And the next bit is vital!!! 

One last final advice and please do not forget this. We do not take revenge on our old leaders and the rich. This is one of the most important bits of this coming change people! We have to break this ongoing chain of violence that is poisonous to our spirit. No more generations of hatred for past wrongdoings. 

THE VIOLENCE STOPS NOW!!!!! 

No offense-but how old are you?

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

12-22-2015, 06:25 PM #3
JackTrades
Knight
[

[/quote]

Before I answer that question I would like to know why you want to know, or at least how old you think I am

The following 2 users Like JackTrades's post:
  • Tarikko, The Creeper

12-22-2015, 07:15 PM #4
Lisa
Chaplain
(12-22-2015, 06:25 PM)JackTrades Wrote:  [

Before I answer that question I would like to know why you want to know, or at least how old you think I am
[/quote]

I don't know hold you are. I was just wondering because some of the things you posted seem a little silly. Take from the rich and give to the poor and everyone will be happy kind of thing. Seems like a young person's thought. 

The theory seems to be if everyone stood up to the people in charge and we took control then the world would be a better place-no more problems-kumbaya. Problem is is that the new people in charge would probably let the power go to their heads and be corrupted themselves. If you could take the old people out of power that is. There are always more people that want to take their places. And no one really can get along long enough to come together and do what needs to be done and that's if the solution could be agreed upon. This is not brainwashed thinking in my part. I think it's pretty realistic. 

You said we spend our whole lives on a treadmill and we never get anywhere. Where is it that you want to get to and why can't you get there? 

And I think your money rant is pretty silly. Don't buy stuff you don't need then. Money is needed to live. Sorry you may not like that but without money you can't eat, be clothed or have a roof over your head.

What other system would you put in place and after you take all the rich people's money and give it to the poor then what? Who makes the money then? Or after we all get the money that will set us up for life and we don't need more money? Who needs to work then? No workers-how do you get food? Or clothing? Do we then all become farmers? Seamstresses? What if you don't want to be a farmer? Too bad.  What if you don't like to sew? Then what? 

If we just start caring for everyone and give everyone what they needed. What's their incentive to do well then? When people are handed stuff then they become prideful and arrogant and you actually aren't helping them then. It's a good thing to struggle a bit and make it on your own-that in itself is good for you. Being good to people doesn't mean they will be good back.

What big achievements do you think every baby is born with?

It's just that you seem to have little experience in the real world where the things you talk about sound like viable solutions.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
The following 3 users Like Lisa's post:
  • MissMiami, Goku, FlixKandish

12-22-2015, 07:27 PM #5
xoa.
Justiciar
Lisa, what he said does not imply that he is young or silly. Since when do certain thoughts become a "young persons" thought?

He has the same privilege everyone has here, to voice his opinion. 

And I am a young person, and I consider myself to have pretty damn intelligent ideas. I'm a millennial. Deal with it. Tongue

"Our lives end when we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

An Arab poet said:

The vast ocean feels no harm
                  When the boy pitches into it a rock.
The following 3 users Like xoa.'s post:
  • Tarikko, The Creeper, Kung Fu

12-22-2015, 07:40 PM #6
Lisa
Chaplain
(12-22-2015, 07:27 PM)xoa. Wrote:  Lisa, what he said does not imply that he is young or silly. Since when do certain thoughts become a "young persons" thought?

He has the same privilege everyone has here, to voice his opinion. 

And I am a young person, and I consider myself to have pretty damn intelligent ideas. I'm a millennial. Deal with it. Tongue

It's a lack of experience that causes younger people to think that anything can be accomplished but it's theories only much of the time. Some things really cannot be done in the real world and you learn that as you get older. 

I never said Jack couldn't voice opinions. 

I actually don't have a problem with young people and I don't mean to imply that you or any young person is stupid but tell me how can the things talked about in the op come to be? In real life?

The following 1 user Likes Lisa's post:
  • FlixKandish

12-22-2015, 08:17 PM #7
JackTrades
Knight
(12-22-2015, 07:15 PM)Lisa Wrote:  
(12-22-2015, 06:25 PM)JackTrades Wrote:  [

I don't know hold you are. I was just wondering because some of the things you posted seem a little silly. Take from the rich and give to the poor and everyone will be happy kind of thing. Seems like a young person's thought. 

The theory seems to be if everyone stood up to the people in charge and we took control then the world would be a better place-no more problems-kumbaya. Problem is is that the new people in charge would probably let the power go to their heads and be corrupted themselves. If you could take the old people out of power that is. There are always more people that want to take their places. And no one really can get along long enough to come together and do what needs to be done and that's if the solution could be agreed upon. This is not brainwashed thinking in my part. I think it's pretty realistic. 

You said we spend our whole lives on a treadmill and we never get anywhere. Where is it that you want to get to and why can't you get there? 

And I think your money rant is pretty silly. Don't buy stuff you don't need then. Money is needed to live. Sorry you may not like that but without money you can't eat, be clothed or have a roof over your head.

What other system would you put in place and after you take all the rich people's money and give it to the poor then what? Who makes the money then? Or after we all get the money that will set us up for life and we don't need more money? Who needs to work then? No workers-how do you get food? Or clothing? Do we then all become farmers? Seamstresses? What if you don't want to be a farmer? Too bad.  What if you don't like to sew? Then what? 

If we just start caring for everyone and give everyone what they needed. What's their incentive to do well then? When people are handed stuff then they become prideful and arrogant and you actually aren't helping them then. It's a good thing to struggle a bit and make it on your own-that in itself is good for you. Being good to people doesn't mean they will be good back.

What big achievements do you think every baby is born with?

It's just that you seem to have little experience in the real world where the things you talk about sound like viable solutions.
[/quote]

I am naive and like it. Sure I know that making the changes that I am proposing are not going to be easy, but I find no problem into showing people what could be.

Getting rid of money is probably going to be extremely difficult and we might have to come up with some interim solutions for that. But if you read some Bertrand Russel you could see that it is quite possible for all of humanity to prosper and all we would need to do is work for about 4 hours a week. Sounds a bit better than the 40 or 50 most people do these days now doesn't it?

You say that other psycho's will drift to the top again and start doing the same thing as all the others have done before. What if we don't let them? What if (maybe a strange idea but why don't you try it?) we start to properly educate everyone. And I don't mean the current education system that was set up by big business to make us marginally smarter but still dumb enough to keep most of us easy to control. I am talking about a system of education where kids (and grown-ups because we are never too old to learn something new) get to learn how to think for themselves.

Because I believe that all babies that are born, every individual, has talents and gifts, but most of them are brainwashed out of the general population by the current educational system. If we change this system people would start to achieve amazing things you and I cannot even imagine right now.

Oh and for you information, I do not buy any stuff I don't need, or as much as possible so I am already denying the rich most of my money. I have no debts either. Can you say the same? Me and my girlfriend grow a lot of our own food as well.

And another brainwash I noticed in your reply. You seem to think that we need leaders "Problem is is that the new people in charge would probably let the power go to their heads and be corrupted themselves". I propose that we start trying to do without them. I am sick and tired of some joker telling me what to do. Don't care if they are presidents, kings, bosses, police, teachers or any self proclaimed leader. We should get rid of that (I know, it is not going to be easy). I firmly believe that no one has the right to tell me what I should or should not do and I have no right to tell others the same thing, but maybe (what a silly and naive thought) we could cooperate and work things out together.

I am very sorry to see you are so cynical about humans and the state of affairs we are in, but a large part of that is the actual Big Brainwash I was writing about in this post, so maybe you should get some soap and start washing.

So there you have it. This silly and childish 48 year old has had a very hard time to stay this naive and positive in this mean and depressing world,  and I've had my share of nasty experiences,but I believe my way is preferable over your cynical views. So please cheer up!
This post was last modified: 12-22-2015, 08:20 PM by JackTrades.

The following 5 users Like JackTrades's post:
  • Tarikko, The Creeper, Serendipity, Goku, Trenton

12-22-2015, 08:33 PM #8
khadeejah
Chaplain
(12-22-2015, 08:17 PM)JackTrades Wrote:  So there you have it. This silly and childish 48 year old has had a very hard time to stay this naive and positive in this mean and depressing world,  and I've had my share of nasty experiences,but I believe my way is preferable over your cynical views. So please cheer up!

I like your outlook!

The following 4 users Like khadeejah's post:
  • Tarikko, The Creeper, Goku, Trenton

12-22-2015, 08:43 PM #9
Lisa
Chaplain
Well I guess you aren't a young person then. 
I still think you have some silly notions. Cynical? Realistic. Realistically speaking what you are saying can't be done. It's not brainwashing that tells me this. Sit in a room with a dozen strangers and tell them your ideas. Some may think your brilliant and some may think you're silly but how will you win the ones who think it's all silly over to your ideas? I think you will find that many people have their own ideas about things and it will be harder then you imagine to win them over. Harder then you can imagine to put a plan together with just a dozen strangers. Now go into the world and try to win over people with different cultures to your plans. Hopefully you can agree on how it would all work but if not what do you do then? 

Who comes up with the re education program and what if people think it's as dumb as the current one-what then? How do you get those people to relearn the better way? Who makes up the better way learning program? 

Yes you can't imagine the things babies could grow up to do because it's just a theory.

Does it matter if I have debts? I'm not the one bothered by people buying stuff like you are.

I'm not the one unhappy here-haha-your the one who wrote the op.

The following 1 user Likes Lisa's post:
  • FlixKandish

12-22-2015, 09:04 PM #10
Trenton
Justiciar
I watched M Night's The Village last night....

That hypothetical town managed OPs idea (with a legendary beast fear tactic, but only so they wouldn't travel to the modern world) and it was working for them.... The fear tactic wasn't for behaviour correction, the folks were able to be themselves and prosper.

It was just a movie. But I love its idea. I wish humans could live life like that everywhere. No money, everyone works for food, eats together, all that jazz.

It would be hard, to get this type of world up and running. But if we did, it'd be heaven on earth imo.

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 2 users Like Trenton's post:
  • Tarikko, The Creeper