#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Karim's kuku experiments

12-22-2015, 09:49 AM #1
Scimitar
Grand Commander
I been following AreWeFamousNow youtube (Karim) for a while and thought i'd share some of his gems for you guys.

"I went to give this homeless man money but he wanted something much more. A friend." - Karim

I love stuff like this.

More to come God willing,

Scimi
This post was last modified: 12-22-2015, 09:49 AM by Scimitar.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 4 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • dzubmarinara, Serendipity, Goku, Tarikko

12-22-2015, 10:09 AM #2
Scimitar
Grand Commander
"it feels right, to give something back to the world, you know? - life is hard, man" - Rodney, homeless person.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi

12-22-2015, 10:11 AM #3
Tarikko
Chaplain
Mashallah Akhi, wallahi it is totally heart breaking..

The existence of homeless people and beggars is an abomination, a stigma upon humanity.

It is revolting that such people should suffer such a fate just so the rich can have more at their expense

Imam Ali was very poor... he was the ultimate "emperor" of the Muslim Nation yet he continued to do menial jobs for the people...

Imagine that.. they used to get embarrassed seeing him carrying their buckets and the rocks while he is the CALIPHATE.. (Same applies to the rightly guided Caliphs)

He used to go hungry for days and once said: "if poverty was a man,  I would have killed him"

Imam Ali:

"The greatest wealth is Wisdom; the greatest poverty is stupidity; the worst unsociable is that of vanity and self-glorification; and the best nobility of descent exhibits itself in politeness and in refinement of manner.

The next four things, my son, are: “Do not make friendship with a fool because when he will try to do you good he will do you harm; do not make a miser your friend because he will run away from you at the time of your dire need; do not be friendly with a vicious and wicked person because he will sell you and your friendship at the cheapest price and do not make friend of a liar because like a mirage he will make you visualize very near the things which lie at a great distance and will make you see at the great distance the things which are near to you”.

All the trillions spent on wars and destruction...just picture if it were spent on science, medicine, feeding and housing the hungry and the destitute...

And they blame God for their failures.

At the time of the final rightly guided Caliph (Omar Bin Abdul Al Aziz), when Islam was pure and unadulterated, "not one bird went hungry in the lands of the Muslims".. let alone human beings...

How many millions like this man above exist? and look at their generous nature... Subhan Allah
This post was last modified: 12-22-2015, 10:15 AM by Tarikko.

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 3 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • celle76, Serendipity, Scimitar

12-22-2015, 10:13 AM #4
Scimitar
Grand Commander
So what happens when Karim, wears the shoes of the downtrodden homeless? let's find out.

"Well then, help somebody else out who needs it more than you - I don't need it anymore" - The Gentleman.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi

12-22-2015, 10:26 AM #5
Scimitar
Grand Commander
"fight back with love" - Karim

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 3 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Serendipity, Goku, Tarikko

12-22-2015, 10:29 AM #6
xoa.
Justiciar
(12-22-2015, 10:13 AM)Scimitar Wrote:  So what happens when Karim, wears the shoes of the downtrodden homeless? let's find out.

"Well then, help somebody else out who needs it more than you - I don't need it anymore" - The Gentleman.

Scimi

Scimi, this video is literally full of feels. That old guy is someone whose heart is full of love.  Heart 

I LOVE THAT VIDEO.

"Our lives end when we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

An Arab poet said:

The vast ocean feels no harm
                  When the boy pitches into it a rock.
The following 2 users Like xoa.'s post:
  • Scimitar, Tarikko

12-22-2015, 10:44 AM #7
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Foussey turns it around... this is what happens when the homeless try to share a little love.

"C-Class babay" - Societal failures.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
  • khadeejah, Serendipity, Goku, Tarikko

12-22-2015, 12:29 PM #8
Goku
Chaplain

This is the perfect thread for this video.

A man gives a homeless man $100, then secretly films him to see what he does with it.

It affected me deeply, everyone needs to watch this.
The following 3 users Like Goku's post:
  • Tarikko, Serendipity, Scimitar

12-23-2015, 08:59 PM #9
dzubmarinara
Marshall
Salam brother,
thank you so much for sharing all this, may Allah bless you for this. 
honestly, i'm through a rather rough time and i'm quite mad at everyone around me but these videos touched me and soften my heart a bit. nearly teared up
The following 2 users Like dzubmarinara's post:
  • Scimitar, Tarikko

12-24-2015, 11:57 AM #10
Scimitar
Grand Commander
When I get into one of my foul moods - it's time to go for a run, and if its raining - that's even better. A punchbag also helps.

So does staying away from people - but the best thing is, the bow in prostration to God, seeking HIS guidance and mercy. To invest hope in God during our desperate moments, is a gift which eases the burden upon the soul.

Too often, we neglect the fact that we are spiritual beings on an human journey, because our wild and out of control egos believed we were human beings on some spiritual journey.

Imagine, we human beings are failing at being human.

I'm pleased you found some benefit in these videos, God bless you brother.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 3 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • celle76, Tarikko, xoa.