#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
10 yr Old Girl Closes Angry Note To Her Parents With A Shockingly Original Twist

12-19-2015, 05:20 PM #1
sophiaponders
Chaplain
"middle finger emoji".. lol.. Big Grin
See.. this is what happens when you lie to kids. If Christian people in and from the west (Europe & North America) just kept Christ and God in their celebrations instead of just pretending to kids that Santa, Easter Bunny etc were real.. parents wouldnt have to say anything was make believe to their children at one point. Just sayin..
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/girl...mg00000063
This post was last modified: 12-19-2015, 05:42 PM by sophiaponders.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 3 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • Tarikko, Trenton, The Creeper

12-19-2015, 05:57 PM #2
Trenton
Justiciar

Made me think of the end scene of Zim's Most Horrible XMas Ever

Time-stamped it in a link. dunno why when I tried imbedding then video it just plays the whole thing lol.

Edit still not working. If ya wanna watch, it starts at 9:51. Why do I try...pffhaha
This post was last modified: 12-19-2015, 06:00 PM by Trenton. Edit Reason: Buaaahhh

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 1 user Likes Trenton's post:
  • sophiaponders

12-19-2015, 06:15 PM #3
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(12-19-2015, 05:57 PM)Trenton Wrote:  

Made me think of the end scene of Zim's Most Horrible XMas Ever

Time-stamped it in a link. dunno why when I tried imbedding then video it just plays the whole thing lol.

Edit still not working. If ya wanna watch, it starts at 9:51. Why do I try...pffhaha

lol
well .. "what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive."
'santa' is really only 'jolly' to those who are rich or popular.
and is not real.
and it teaches kids that deception is fine?!
on the otherhand.. to Christians and believers in God.. Christ and God are real.. and love the poor and outcast regardless of material things or money or popularity.
I have a feeling Christmas would not be such a terrible time of year for so many people in the western world if there wasnt this materialist and egocentric 'santa' idol in the middle of it instead of God and Christ.. just sayin.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 1 user Likes sophiaponders's post:
  • Trenton

12-19-2015, 08:46 PM #4
Trenton
Justiciar
It's still to this day a pagan holiday. Satanists slapped Christ's name on it to defile his memory. Or something like that.

We don't know exactly when Christ was born, but I read years ago, according to the stars, and the century, he most likely was born in springtime, maybe April. So easter is closer to his real birthday.

I celebrate Christmas for fun, and I still love Jesus, but I won't lump him in with some lies some people made up to make pagans join Christianity. I don't find pagans to be evil. But also I don't think it's a good idea to muddle Christ's memory by plagerizing the winter solstice festival.

Christ would probably not want us lying and stealing. I dunno what he'd think of the pagan traditions. But gift giving and cheer would probably be alright by him. I'm sure he'd be more angry about Santa (satanclaws) idol worship, and the mass murder of trees.
This post was last modified: 12-19-2015, 08:48 PM by Trenton.

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 2 users Like Trenton's post:
  • distractobot, sophiaponders

12-19-2015, 09:01 PM #5
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(12-19-2015, 08:46 PM)Trenton Wrote:  It's still to this day a pagan holiday. Satanists slapped Christ's name on it to defile his memory. Or something like that.

We don't know exactly when Christ was born, but I read years ago, according to the stars, and the century, he most likely was born in springtime, maybe April. So easter is closer to his real birthday.

I celebrate Christmas for fun, and I still love Jesus, but I won't lump him in with some lies some people made up to make pagans join Christianity. I don't find pagans to be evil. But also I don't think it's a good idea to muddle Christ's memory by plagerizing the winter solstice festival.

Christ would probably not want us lying and stealing. I dunno what he'd think of the pagan traditions. But gift giving and cheer would probably be alright by him. I'm sure he'd be more angry about Santa (satanclaws) idol worship, and the mass murder of trees.

Well you are right Dec 25 is not the set date of his birth.. but don't believe everything you read by others either Wink Christ's resurrection is closer to Easter .. it happened on Passover.. but Passover is not on a set date, like Ishtar is. Most likely- Christ's birth happened during Hanukkah.. during the winter as written.. which is also not a set date like 'Deus Solis' is Wink

The following 1 user Likes sophiaponders's post:
  • Trenton

12-19-2015, 09:46 PM #6
Lady
Chaplain
(12-19-2015, 09:01 PM)sophiaponders Wrote:  
(12-19-2015, 08:46 PM)Trenton Wrote:  It's still to this day a pagan holiday. Satanists slapped Christ's name on it to defile his memory. Or something like that.

Well you are right Dec 25 is not the set date of his birth.. but don't believe everything you read by others either Wink Christ's resurdorection is closer to Easter .. it happened on Passover.. but Passover is not on a set date, like Ishtar is. Most likely- Christ's birth happened during Hanukkah.. during the winter as written.. which is also not a set date like 'Deus Solis' is Wink
Here is a good site that discusses what is exactly behind Christmas-and according to Dan Valles, it has nothing to do with Jesus Christ! Valles refers to Jeremiah chaper 10 which warns God's people to not follow after pagan traditions of cutting down trees from the forest and decorating them. It was a custom used to commemorate Nimrod (behind the building of the tower of Babel) It has made me completely question what exactly I am following when I decorate my house with evergreen wreaths, Christmas lights, and a tree.  I am not outright worshiping the Christmas tree, but, if "symbols rule the world not words nor laws," then placing these holiday decorations in my home may inadvertently make it seem that I am following after other gods. Is this how God sees it? Here's that site:
http://informedchristians.com/index.php/...the-reason

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.  Jeremiah 31:3
The following 2 users Like Lady's post:
  • Foggy D., Trenton

12-20-2015, 12:27 AM #7
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(12-19-2015, 09:46 PM)Lady Wrote:  
(12-19-2015, 09:01 PM)sophiaponders Wrote:  

Well you are right Dec 25 is not the set date of his birth.. but don't believe everything you read by others either Wink Christ's resurdorection is closer to Easter .. it happened on Passover.. but Passover is not on a set date, like Ishtar is. Most likely- Christ's birth happened during Hanukkah.. during the winter as written.. which is also not a set date like 'Deus Solis' is Wink
Here is a good site that discusses what is exactly behind Christmas-and according to Dan Valles, it has nothing to do with Jesus Christ! Valles refers to Jeremiah chaper 10 which warns God's people to not follow after pagan traditions of cutting down trees from the forest and decorating them. It was a custom used to commemorate Nimrod (behind the building of the tower of Babel) It has made me completely question what exactly I am following when I decorate my house with evergreen wreaths, Christmas lights, and a tree.  I am not outright worshiping the Christmas tree, but, if "symbols rule the world not words nor laws," then placing these holiday decorations in my home may inadvertently make it seem that I am following after other gods. Is this how God sees it? Here's that site:
http://informedchristians.com/index.php/...the-reason

Quote:Jeremiah chaper 10 which warns God's people to not follow after pagan traditions of cutting down trees from the forest and decorating them.

That passage in Jeremiah chapter 10 is not about decorating trees, but idolatry in general. Christmas trees adorned with lights aren't "nailed down so they don't move" as the passage really states.. they are brought out and thrown out. But I understand the confusion with the intermingling of pagan and Christian customs such as santa and sun and light and trees God made.
This post was last modified: 12-20-2015, 12:30 AM by sophiaponders.

12-20-2015, 09:42 AM #8
Lady
Chaplain
Hi Sophia,
I first heard this passage in Jeremiah many years ago, and really never took it to heart. My response had always been, "Well, I know and God knows that I am not worshiping this tree; it is merely a traditional decoration." Recently, I have been questioning many things (as we all are here on this site) and to be honest, I really think it is time for me to strip away the brainwashing that I have had about all things I have been doing for tradition's sake. 

As I am learning more about the history behind Christmas and who and what is really being commemorated at this season, the Jeremiah passage really is hitting home. I think it what God is dealing with me on and in obedience to Him, I am rethinking what I have done for so long. Yes, it is a bummer for my family. But, that's what happens as we all delve into truth. We just may not please those we love as we become more awakened and live in truth. 
Blessings in Christ

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.  Jeremiah 31:3
The following 2 users Like Lady's post:
  • sophiaponders, Foggy D.

12-20-2015, 01:32 PM #9
Foggy D.
Squire
Lady, I want to thank you for your posts and for the link to the Informed Christians web site.

Below is a You Tube link to the third part of the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr71OmaDI8g

12-20-2015, 02:02 PM #10
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(12-20-2015, 09:42 AM)Lady Wrote:  Hi Sophia,
I first heard this passage in Jeremiah many years ago, and really never took it to heart. My response had always been, "Well, I know and God knows that I am not worshiping this tree; it is merely a traditional decoration." Recently, I have been questioning many things (as we all are here on this site) and to be honest, I really think it is time for me to strip away the brainwashing that I have had about all things I have been doing for tradition's sake. 

As I am learning more about the history behind Christmas and who and what is really being commemorated at this season, the Jeremiah passage really is hitting home. I think it what God is dealing with me on and in obedience to Him, I am rethinking what I have done for so long. Yes, it is a bummer for my family. But, that's what happens as we all delve into truth. We just may not please those we love as we become more awakened and live in truth. 
Blessings in Christ

To be honest sister.. I don't celebrate Christmas like that anymore since I was born again and see the mess of the whole thing. I was just saying that i think the passage is about idolatry in general, not just the idolatry in Christmas. There is also a passage alluding to idolatry in Isaiah.. but the person who cuts down the tree makes an idol out of it and bakes bread with the rest of the wood, then thinks he is the creator since he made the idol and warmed his hands on the fire he lit while forgetting he did not make the tree in the first place.
Blessing to you as well Smile
This post was last modified: 12-20-2015, 02:13 PM by sophiaponders.