#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Mohammad's birthday (PBUH) is on Dec 24th this year

12-18-2015, 06:16 AM #1
sophiaponders
Chaplain
For first time in 457 years- ‪‎Muslims‬ and Christians‬ will celebrate ‪‎Christmas‬ and Prophet Mohammad(PBUH) birthday at the same time. Regardless of how Christmas may or may not make us truther Christians feel.. i think it is a good sign to bring us closer together in the west Smile & I bet in places like Egypt, Palestine and Lebanon- this will be wonderful as alot of Christians and Muslims already celebrate Christmas together Smile Now it will be a double celebration there Smile
This post was last modified: 12-18-2015, 06:32 AM by sophiaponders.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 4 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • The Creeper, erucysae, Serendipity, Tarikko

12-18-2015, 06:20 AM #2
Riddler
Chaplain
(12-18-2015, 06:16 AM)sophiaponders Wrote:  For first time in 457 years- ‪‎Muslims‬ and Christians‬ will celebrate ‪‎Christmas‬ and Prophet Mohammad(PBUH) birthday at the same time. Regardless of how Christmas may or may not make us feel..  i think it is a good sign to bring us closer together Smile

real christians wont celebrate christmas.

and mohammed's birthday is on 24 december? since when?

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout ‘Save us!’ And I'll whisper ‘No
------------
----------------------------------------------
The following 1 user Likes Riddler's post:
  • The Creeper

12-18-2015, 06:24 AM #3
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(12-18-2015, 06:20 AM)Riddler Wrote:  
(12-18-2015, 06:16 AM)sophiaponders Wrote:  For first time in 457 years- ‪‎Muslims‬ and Christians‬ will celebrate ‪‎Christmas‬ and Prophet Mohammad(PBUH) birthday at the same time. Regardless of how Christmas may or may not make us feel..  i think it is a good sign to bring us closer together Smile

I understand what you mean about Christmas Riddler.. I feel the same but most Christians still do celebrate it, until God makes a change.. most do.
Mohammad's birthday is not on the same date every year. It is figured out astronomically. This is the first time in over 400 years it has landed on Dec 24th.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 4 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • The Creeper, erucysae, Serendipity, Tarikko

12-18-2015, 06:51 AM #4
Axiom
Marshall
The Christians in those regions you listed will likely be celebrating the Nativity of our Lord in th flesh on January 7, so not really at the same time.
The following 1 user Likes Axiom's post:
  • Artful Revealer

12-18-2015, 07:02 AM #5
Serendipity
Justiciar
(12-18-2015, 06:20 AM)Riddler Wrote:  

The Islamic calendar is a lunar calendar. The lunar year is shorter than the typical year (around 354 days) and therefore shifts in respect to the Christian calendar. It just happened that this year it fell on the 24th of December.

"Happiness only real when shared" - Christopher McCandless
The following 4 users Like Serendipity's post:
  • The Creeper, Goku, Tarikko, erucysae

12-18-2015, 07:09 AM #6
erucysae
Justiciar
A joyful season for allll!

I on the other hand do not take part in our prophet's (may peace and blessings be upon him) birthday. This is a lengthy topic I don't want to get into. I celebrate his life in the way of his teachings throughout his life. Smile each to their own and I'm happy for everybody in whatever way they wish to celebrate their faith.

I am SO glad it's the christmas holidays now. No more freakin' chaotic school runs now lol and yay for family time.

I'm going to be spending the next 2 weeks with my close family and friendssss, happy holidays to all! Xxx
This post was last modified: 12-18-2015, 08:06 AM by erucysae.

By the time, verily, man is in loss.

RIDDLER, GO AWAY LOL

~LV
The following 5 users Like erucysae's post:
  • The Creeper, xoa., Serendipity, Tarikko, Goku

12-18-2015, 08:02 AM #7
HongKongHoward
Marshall
(12-18-2015, 06:24 AM)sophiaponders Wrote:  I understand what you mean about Christmas Riddler.. I feel the same but most Christians still do celebrate it, until God makes a change.. most do.
Mohammad's birthday is not on the same date every year. It is figured out astronomically. This is the first time in over 400 years it has landed on Dec 24th.

Mmm if you think about it too much it's almost like a sign

"You can find in a text whatever you bring, if you will stand between it and the mirror of your imagination. You may not see your ears, but they will be there." - Moral, by the Cat

12-18-2015, 11:06 AM #8
Kung Fu
Chaplain
We don't celebrate Muhammad's(pbuh) birthday or any other prophets birthday. The only thing Muslims celebrate is knowing their Lord and that He is One.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 3 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • The Creeper, Serendipity, Tarikko

12-18-2015, 11:16 AM #9
Scimitar
Grand Commander
As Muslims, we celebrate only two ‘eid (festivals): ‘eid ul-fitr (after the end of Ramadhan), and ‘eid ul-Udh-ha, the day of the greater hajj (pilgrimage).

During these two festivals, we offer felicitations, spread joy, and entertain children. But more importantly, we offer remembrance of God's blessings, celebrate His name and offer the ‘eid salaat (prayer). Other than these two occasions, we do not recognize or celebrate any other days in the year.

Of course, there are other joyous occasions for which the Islamic shari’ah dictates appropriate celebration, such as gathering for special meals during weddings or on the occasion of the birth of a child (aqeeqah). However, these days are not specified as particular days in the year; rather, they are celebrated as they happen in the course of a Muslim’s life. It is not a Muslim tradition to celebrate birth days, every year - only on the day of the birth as it is a joyous occasion.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 5 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • khadeejah, The Creeper, Serendipity, Tarikko, Kung Fu

12-19-2015, 02:46 PM #10
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(12-18-2015, 06:51 AM)Axiom Wrote:  The Christians in those regions you listed will likely be celebrating the Nativity of our Lord in th flesh on January 7, so not really at the same time.

Axiom, yes Eastern Orthodox Christians also celebrate Christmas in January.. however.. the Christians of the middle east all celebrate Christmas on Dec 24/25 as well, including the Orthodox.

The following 1 user Likes sophiaponders's post:
  • The Creeper