#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Robin Williams

12-17-2015, 09:44 AM #1
erucysae
Justiciar
"Robin Williams acknowledged that he had opened himself up to transformative demonic powers that aided him on stage. Without the aid of such demonic powers, it is likely that you would have never have heard of Robin Williams and many other famous celebrities. Williams also recognized that these powers had manifested a very evil influence on stage and that there could be a hefty price to pay for their assistance. Williams told James Kaplan of US Weekly:

“Yeah! Literally, it's like possession ‑ all of a sudden you're in, and because it's in front of a live audience, you just get this energy that just starts going…But there's also that thing ‑ it is possession. In the old days you'd be burned for it…But there is something empowering about it. I mean, it is a place where you are totally ‑ it is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, where you really can become this other force. Maybe that's why I don't need to play evil characters [in movies], 'cause sometimes onstage you can cross that line and come back. Clubs are a weird kind of petri dish environment. I mean, that's where people can get as dark as they can in comedy ‑ in the name of comedy, be talking about outrageous stuff and somehow come out the other side. I mean, that's one place where you really want to push it” (Robin Williams, "Robin Williams,” by James Kaplan, US Weekly, January, 1999, p. 53)." "

I didn't know this but I do miss the guy Sad

By the time, verily, man is in loss.

RIDDLER, GO AWAY LOL

~LV
The following 1 user Likes erucysae's post:
  • Trenton

12-17-2015, 09:57 AM #2
Kung Fu
Chaplain
Robin Williams, killed himself simply because the women in his life totally drained him of everything he had.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

12-18-2015, 01:25 AM #3
cameronjcw
Justiciar
He actually supposedly killed himself because he had Lewy Body Dementia!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dementia_with_Lewy_bodies

12-18-2015, 07:30 AM #4
Axiom
Marshall
(12-17-2015, 09:57 AM)Kung Fu Wrote:  Robin Williams, killed himself simply because the women in his life totally drained him of everything he had.
Do you really believe that or are you just trying to spin your misogynistic views into as many scenarios as possible?

12-18-2015, 10:06 AM #5
Annonymous Damsel
Marshall
(12-17-2015, 09:57 AM)Kung Fu Wrote:  Robin Williams, killed himself simply because the women in his life totally drained him of everything he had.

Oh really?? Undecided

12-18-2015, 11:12 AM #6
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(12-18-2015, 07:30 AM)Axiom Wrote:  
Do you really believe that or are you just trying to spin your misogynistic views into as many scenarios as possible?

You mad?

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

12-18-2015, 01:48 PM #7
DiscoStu
Marshall
(12-17-2015, 09:44 AM)erucysae Wrote:  "Robin Williams acknowledged that he had opened himself up to transformative demonic powers that aided him on stage. Without the aid of such demonic powers, it is likely that you would have never have heard of Robin Williams and many other famous celebrities. Williams also recognized that these powers had manifested a very evil influence on stage and that there could be a hefty price to pay for their assistance. 

This sounds very similar to something Roseanne Barr talked about in one of her books. In that case, she'd likened the devil to look like Tom Arnold.
The following 2 users Like DiscoStu's post:
  • Trenton, erucysae

12-18-2015, 02:15 PM #8
erucysae
Justiciar
(12-18-2015, 01:48 PM)DiscoStu Wrote:  
(12-17-2015, 09:44 AM)erucysae Wrote:  "Robin Williams acknowledged that he had opened himself up to transformative demonic powers that aided him on stage. Without the aid of such demonic powers, it is likely that you would have never have heard of Robin Williams and many other famous celebrities. Williams also recognized that these powers had manifested a very evil influence on stage and that there could be a hefty price to pay for their assistance. 

This sounds very similar to something Roseanne Barr talked about in one of her books. In that case, she'd likened the devil to look like Tom Arnold.

Disco Stuuuuu, my maaaan
Finally a reply in accordance with my actual post lol

RIDDLER, GO AWAY LOL

~LV

12-18-2015, 02:19 PM #9
luna
Marshall
Eru, I'm so glad you made this thread. I loved Robin. Have you seen the videos of him with Koko the gorilla? It's just beautiful, completely heartwarming. Search it on YouTube if you like, it's just magical to watch their bond. Damn. This is really sad if he did say this. You know, it could be that. Then again, there is a dark side to comedy. Really, psychologically it's an interesting and sad enough subject in its own. I can't remember where, pretty sure it was a study from the British Journal of Psychology tho. It showed statistically, comedians are more likely than others to admit to being easily distracted, antisocial, compulsive, and have less interest in connecting with other humans. I've seen this in RL too, a lot of interviews I've read. There was one where comedian Jerry Lewis spoke about how he struggled with depression so severely he said he would've killed himself, if it weren't for the sound of his own children's laughter from down the hall while he literally stood with a loaded gun in his mouth. A lot of funny peeps have openly admitted to struggling with drugs alcohol and or depression. Mara Wilson and Dan O'Brien struggle with Social Anxiety. Roseanne as DS mentioned too, has admitted to depression and suicide struggles. Chris Farley MY GOSH. He was so lonely. He hired prostitutes simply for company. He had one with him in his last moments; he collapsed, he'd been partying and shooting up for days straight beforehand, called out for her to please not leave him. She stole his watch and left. That one just tears my heart to hear. See? The thing about comedians, is that oftentimes they're funny because they think it's the only way to get people to like them. So maybe it was demons, maybe it was depression; maybe it was both, and evil forces simply lurk in those with these tendencies? It's interesting to note the correlation, but yeah, figured I'd go ahead and bring that up. RIP Robin, and everyone else out there who suffered as he did.
The following 5 users Like luna's post:
  • Valtharia, marsiffany, markymark1991, Trenton, erucysae

12-18-2015, 02:43 PM #10
erucysae
Justiciar
(12-18-2015, 02:19 PM)luna Wrote:  Eru, I'm so glad you made this thread. I loved Robin. Have you seen the videos of him with Koko the gorilla? It's just beautiful, completely heartwarming. Search it on YouTube if you like, it's just magical to watch their bond. Damn. This is really sad if he did say this. You know, it could be that. Then again, there is a dark side to comedy. Really, psychologically it's an interesting and sad enough subject in its own. I can't remember where, pretty sure it was a study from the British Journal of Psychology tho. It showed statistically, comedians are more likely than others to admit to being easily distracted, antisocial, compulsive, and have less interest in connecting with other humans. I've seen this in RL too, a lot of interviews I've read. There was one where comedian Jerry Lewis spoke about how he struggled with depression so severely he said he would've killed himself, if it weren't for the sound of his own children's laughter from down the hall while he literally stood with a loaded gun in his mouth. A lot of funny peeps have openly admitted to struggling with drugs alcohol and or depression. Mara Wilson and Dan O'Brien struggle with Social Anxiety. Roseanne as DS mentioned too, has admitted to depression and suicide struggles. Chris Farley MY GOSH. He was so lonely. He hired prostitutes simply for company. He had one with him in his last moments; he collapsed, he'd been partying and shooting up for days straight beforehand, called out for her to please not leave him. She stole his watch and left. That one just tears my heart to hear. See? The thing about comedians, is that oftentimes they're funny because they think it's the only way to get people to like them. So maybe it was demons, maybe it was depression; maybe it was both, and evil forces simply lurk in those with these tendencies? It's interesting to note the correlation, but yeah, figured I'd go ahead and bring that up. RIP Robin, and everyone else out there who suffered as he did.

Hey luna thanks for replying!
Was just checking out the video of him with Koko. It's so beautiful and completely tragic.

Yeah as a child growing up and watching these comedians, you're just so inspired by them and in awe at how fortunate they are because they look so "happy" and content. Little did I know the truth of their lives then. It's heartbreaking, and so complex, we can't begin to imagine that aspect of their lives. I was so deeply saddened when Robin died, you definitely feel the loss, he impacted so many lives in so many different ways he probably wasn't even aware of. Same applies to so many comedians who have been and gone, and many who are currently still going through this.

From my own personal feelings, I think the role of a comedian must attract alot of energy that has the potential to spiral out of control. Whether they intentionally called upon entities or not, they definitely were surrounded by them. Life on earth is devastating and really no laughing matter, pun not intended there lol. It's almost warped. In return it becomes a frenzy of an experience. On stage, off stage personas. Crying and laughing at the same time. Like the Joker. You embody the essence of a madmad to the point where you feel like you don't have control over what's happening around you.
This post was last modified: 12-18-2015, 02:46 PM by erucysae.

RIDDLER, GO AWAY LOL

~LV
The following 1 user Likes erucysae's post:
  • Trenton