#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
ESP, telepathy, & Dr. Michael Persinger

12-16-2015, 01:48 AM #1
luna
Marshall
I simply found this interesting...so I thought I'd share. Make of it what you will; I simply searched and didn't find any threads on ESP/telepathy and figured I'd start one myself. If any already exist, I apologize in advance. I saw this neuroscientist on a program I saw, I can't remember when, but his work is curious and I figured I'd look him up again/ glance into it a bit more out of boredom. Some of you may have already seen it, or might be familiar with his work, but for those who aren't I'm posting just in case.

No particular opinion myself on the subject; just found it cool food for thought. Actually that, and neuroscience and the brain just interest me a lot in general. Anyway, make of it as you will, here's a small summary:

Quote:Neuroscience Researcher and Laurentian University professor, Dr. Michael Persinger, demonstrates telepathy under laboratory conditions.
undefinedClaims of telepathy, ESP and other psi phenomena are a mainstay of popular culture but taboo in neuroscience research circles.  Fortunately, Dr. Michael Persinger of Canada’s Laurentian University has never been afraid to venture where other researchers fear to go. In the 1980’s Persinger made headlines with his “God Helmet”, a device that stimulates temporal lobes with a weak magnetic field in order to produce religious states.
Now, Persinger has discovered the same type of brain stimulation can create metal states conducive to human telepathy.  “What we have found is that if you place two different people at a distance and put a circular magnetic field around both, and you make sure they are connected to the same computer so they get the same stimulation, then if you flash a light in one person’s eye the person in the other room receiving just the magnetic field will show changes in their brain as if they saw the flash of light. We think that’s tremendous because it may be the first macro demonstration of a quantum connection, or so-called quantum entanglement. If true, then there’s another way of potential communication that may have physical applications, for example, in space travel.”
While Persinger’s experiments could prove groundbreaking, he remains doubtful about his controversial findings reaching his colleagues, “I think the critical thing about science is to be open-minded. It’s really important to realize that the true subject matter of science is the pursuit of the unknown. Sadly scientists have become extraordinarily group-oriented. Our most typical critics are not are mystic believer types.  They are scientists who have a narrow vision of what the world is like.”

Full article here:

http://www.skeptiko.com/michael-persinge...thic-link/

Edit: For those who need a better summary of Dr. Persinger's work, he has proposed that extremely low-frequency electromagnetic waves may be able to carry telepathic and clairvoyant information. 

The above article is a bit long. While still an enjoyable read, if you need a more concise picture here's another interview with him as well:

http://ispectrummagazine.com/wp/?p=1237
This post was last modified: 10-21-2016, 04:27 PM by luna. Edit Reason: .
The following 7 users Like luna's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Serendipity, Goku, The Creeper, Tarikko, erucysae, Trenton

12-16-2015, 09:14 AM #2
erucysae
Justiciar
Interesting read! Thanks Luna Smile

By the time, verily, man is in loss.

RIDDLER, GO AWAY LOL

~LV
The following 4 users Like erucysae's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton, The Creeper, Tarikko

12-16-2015, 09:38 AM #3
Todd
Chaplain
I could see the elite being very interested in the "God Helmet" technology!

Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did
The following 4 users Like Todd's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton, The Creeper, Tarikko

12-16-2015, 10:08 AM #4
The Creeper
Chaplain
I remember reading about the God helmet a while back.

Facinating subject, thanks for making this thread luna Smile I might have more to add later when I have time.

I know ESP and remote viewing were heavily researched during the cold war. They said they stopped all that but I think it just went underground like MK Ultra.

There is a definate link between the brain and electricity.

Im going to bold that last sentance and just leave it hanging for a while.
I know it seems obvious but it is a really important thing to recognise.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 4 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton, luna, Tarikko

12-16-2015, 11:33 AM #5
luna
Marshall
(12-16-2015, 09:14 AM)erucysae Wrote:  Interesting read! Thanks Luna Smile

NP! I'm glad to contribute hehe Blush

(12-16-2015, 09:38 AM)Todd Wrote:  I could see the elite being very interested in the "God Helmet" technology!

(12-16-2015, 10:08 AM)The Creeper Wrote:  I remember reading about the God helmet a while back.

I know ESP and remote viewing were heavily researched during the cold war. They said they stopped all that but I think it just went underground like MK Ultra.

You guys just jogged my brain...I remember now. The show was Through The Wormhole.

This episode was concerning whether or not there is a sixth sense, but they've touched on this subject before in other episodes as well. One of them centered around the question, could our minds be hacked? They likened the brain to a biological computer, and asked if someone could be able to hack and tamper with or rewrite our thoughts some day.

Both were interesting to watch. Found them this morning, I can actually link the videos if anyone is interested. Keep in mind they are full forty minute long episodes, so definitely something to watch when you have some time.

It'd be cool to hear more, Creeper, or from anyone else who might've researched ESP,  telepathy, or anything of the sort and has more ideas. No pressure though. Just happy to post the article in the hopes that it might be interesting to someone.
The following 4 users Like luna's post:
  • Portent, The Creeper, Thy Unveiling, Trenton

12-16-2015, 12:44 PM #6
HongKongHoward
Marshall
I once heard a quote and I can't remember who said it but it went something like:

"Your imagination is the repository of all things that exist"

So if you can imagine it, it might have been a reality in the past or the future or right now in a distant galaxy!

You cannot imagine something that doesn't exist in this universe.

All of that stuff is real for sure, plebs used to scoff at the notion of men flying, but it could be imagined and is now a reality. Same thing with submarines and spaceships.

"You can find in a text whatever you bring, if you will stand between it and the mirror of your imagination. You may not see your ears, but they will be there." - Moral, by the Cat
The following 5 users Like HongKongHoward's post:
  • The Creeper, Goku, Thy Unveiling, Trenton, luna

12-16-2015, 06:32 PM #7
Trenton
Justiciar
I've always been interested in psi phenomenon.

I've also heard from many people, in articles, videos, and in person about the subtle links we have with other humans minds. Especially when you spend enough time with another person.

I know many times a day my partner will say "get out of my head" when I say something they were thinking just moments before. Verbatim lol...

Yesterday it happened. We were at a flea market with toys and stuff. I picked up a Buttercup doll (from Powerpuff Girs) and when I saw her, I thought "Blossom" in my head. Then I showed it to my partner and she said "Ohh! Blossom!" And I said "lol its Buttercup, she's your favourite!"

She said "duh, lol idk why I said that"

And I said "well when I first looked at her I thought 'Blossom"

She said "that's why! Lol"

Also heard of two sisters sharing a weird dream. One sister dreamt she got out of bed, grabbed some scissors and stabbed her sister.

The sister woke up, shook her sister awake and said "I dreamt you were stabbing me with scissors! Lol!"

Creepy stuff.

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 3 users Like Trenton's post:
  • luna, The Creeper, Thy Unveiling

12-18-2015, 12:41 PM #8
luna
Marshall
(12-16-2015, 06:32 PM)Trenton Wrote:  I've always been interested in psi phenomenon.

I've also heard from many people, in articles, videos, and in person about the subtle links we have with other humans minds. Especially when you spend enough time with another person.

I know many times a day my partner will say "get out of my head" when I say something they were thinking just moments before. Verbatim lol...

Yesterday it happened. We were at a flea market with toys and stuff. I picked up a Buttercup doll (from Powerpuff Girs) and when I saw her, I thought "Blossom" in my head. Then I showed it to my partner and she said "Ohh! Blossom!" And I said "lol its Buttercup, she's your favourite!"

She said "duh, lol idk why I said that"

And I said "well when I first looked at her I thought 'Blossom"

She said "that's why! Lol"

Also heard of two sisters sharing a weird dream. One sister dreamt she got out of bed, grabbed some scissors and stabbed her sister.

The sister woke up, shook her sister awake and said "I dreamt you were stabbing me with scissors! Lol!"

Creepy stuff.

Ahahaha I knew this thread would unearth you somehow, Trenton. That's a good thing, I enjoy hearing you comment on stuff like this!

This is so cool of you to mention! I definitely believe that could've happened. I rewatched the episode, and they mentioned another interesting thing. Being able to 'feel' when someone is thinking about you.

Have you ever had that happen to you? I have. I'll literally get this sort of weird almost intuition like feeling, and then someone will text me like, "Oh hey! I was just thinking about you" lol. That sort of seems along similar lines to me with what happened with your Gf?

Also unrelated, but Bubbles was my favorite PPG.
The following 3 users Like luna's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, Trenton

12-18-2015, 12:49 PM #9
luna
Marshall
(12-16-2015, 12:44 PM)HongKongHoward Wrote:  I once heard a quote and I can't remember who said it but it went something like:

"Your imagination is the repository of all things that exist"

So if you can imagine it, it might have been a reality in the past or the future or right now in a distant galaxy!

You cannot imagine something that doesn't exist in this universe.

All of that stuff is real for sure, plebs used to scoff at the notion of men flying, but it could be imagined and is now a reality. Same thing with submarines and spaceships.

I don't think it came from The Twilight Zone, but I read that quote in Rod Serling's voice for some reason.

That's amazing tho, thanks go sharing that! Sounds kind of like the AU theory in theoretical physics where for literally every choice you encounter, there's an alternate universe out there where you acted upon it. That's a lot of freakin choices! My head is spinning now. I need to stop thinking about this lol.
The following 3 users Like luna's post:
  • The Creeper, Thy Unveiling, Trenton

12-27-2015, 05:03 PM #10
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I believe They're working on a "telepathy chip" that's going to replace most (if not all) technology and yes, it is going to get hacked or tampered with and will unleash anarchy because we'll be seeing/hearing things we're not meant to.

I coulda sworn I replied to this thread before...

I never thought I was telepathic or anything like that, but I recently have had some crazy experiences with someone across an ocean... and randomly learnt about this red string of fate that magically links those who are fated to be regardless of time or distance...sounds like what he and I have. So I guess even if you don't think you have any useful powers or believe this stuff to be true for you, maybe it will be once you connect with the right person?

God's Helmet, eh? Yeah cuz that's not blasphemous Tongue why does this remind me of the tower of Babel?

Thank you for sharing, ChibiVan! Big Grin Heart

My favourite was Buttercup. And MojoJojo. There's something to be said about completely insane and hilarious villains, especially from cartoons in the 90s! Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Thy Unveiling's post:
  • The Creeper