#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Christmas - Are you ready?!!!!

12-14-2015, 06:02 AM #1
cookie
Marshall
So, that ' most wonderful time of the year' is fast approaching.
Most of us are running round like headless chickens, deciding what gift to buy for whom, how much to spend and getting caught up in tinsel and glitter.
The tree is up, the blown bulbs have been replaced in the fairy lights, the cards have been posted and the gifts are almost wrapped.
Christmas music blasting out from everywhere possible and even the Z Lister's have a Christmas album out.
You're prepared for the year's biggest event and the stress factor runs high in your body.

So...sit down, chill out and put your mind at peace & read this Big Grin

http://www.oneballmedia.com/2015/12/11/h...n-rings-2/

Happy Christmas everyone!

Your beliefs don't make you a better person,
Your behaviour does.
The following 1 user Likes cookie's post:
  • Vytas

12-14-2015, 06:07 AM #2
Sidhuriel
Chaplain
I wrote an article on Christmas on my blog a few years ago:

http://xhokolatl.tumblr.com/post/6870186...ristmonths

It's meant as humorous; so have a laugh Wink 

Now I don't participate in it at all anymore; I won't fund the spending craze and I believe it's a pagan holiday anyway so I won't be seen near it.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness
Only light can do that
Hate can't drive out hate
Only love can do that
Heart
The following 1 user Likes Sidhuriel's post:
  • cookie

12-14-2015, 06:13 AM #3
cookie
Marshall
(12-14-2015, 06:07 AM)Sidhuriel Wrote:  I wrote an article on Christmas on my blog a few years ago:

Now I don't participate in it at all anymore; I won't fund the spending craze and I believe it's a pagan holiday anyway so I won't be seen near it.
Love it!

Your behaviour does.
The following 1 user Likes cookie's post:
  • Sidhuriel

12-14-2015, 06:20 AM #4
cookie
Marshall
It is based on the pagan winter solstice - which I have no problem with..The death and re birth cycle of nature.
For many years I took part in the festivities, as I'm now much older I have come to realise what a farce it all is!

Your behaviour does.
The following 3 users Like cookie's post:
  • Tarikko, Todd, Scimitar

12-14-2015, 06:24 AM #5
Riddler
Chaplain
I keep myself far and distant from pagan rituals and fake peace behavoir.

besides,
Christmas has no roots in true Christianity. Many Bible scholars of various religious denominations acknowledge this.

According to tradition, Jesus’ birth took place on December 25 and is celebrated on that date. “Christmas,” says the Encyclopedia of Religion, means “‘Christ’s Mass,’ that is, the mass celebrating the feast of Christ’s nativity,” or birth

“The establishment of December 25 evolved not from biblical precedent,” says The Christmas Encyclopedia, “but from pagan Roman festivals held at year’s end, included the Saturnalia, in honor of Saturn, god of agriculture, “ -
The saturnalia holiday was celebrated with a sacrifice at the Temple of Saturn, in the Roman Forum, and a public banquet - and the combined festivals of two sun gods, the Roman Sol and the Persian Mithra.
Those pagan festivals began to be “Christianized” in the year 350, when Pope Julius I declared December 25 to be Christ’s birthday.

About the star on the tree... it did not lead the astrologers ['wise'] men directly to Bethlehem, but to Jerusalem, where their inquiries about Jesus reached the ears of King Herod. Herod then “secretly summoned the astrologers,” to "Make a careful search for the young child, and when you have found it report back to me.” Herod’s interest in Jesus, however, was anything but noble. Rather, this proud and ruthless ruler was resolved to put Jesus to death.
Ironically, an ornament called the star of Bethlehem is usually seen at the very top of the Christmas tree.

According to the popular view, the Santa Claus myth owes its origin to Saint Nicholas, Archbishop of Myra in Asia Minor, now Turkey. “Virtually everything written about St. Nicholas is based on legends,” says The Christmas Encyclopedia. The designation “Santa Claus” may owe its origin to the word Sinterklaas, a corruption of the Dutch terms for “Saint Nicholas.” Historically and Biblically, Santa Claus has nothing in common with Jesus Christ.

about gifting:

Ancient Roman Saturnalian festivities began on December 17 and concluded on the 24th, when gifts were exchanged. Homes and streets were noisy with banqueting, heavy drinking, and riotous behavior.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout ‘Save us!’ And I'll whisper ‘No
------------
----------------------------------------------
The following 5 users Like Riddler's post:
  • Tarikko, sophiaponders, Scimitar, Sidhuriel, cookie

12-14-2015, 06:32 AM #6
Sidhuriel
Chaplain
(12-14-2015, 06:13 AM)cookie Wrote:  
(12-14-2015, 06:07 AM)Sidhuriel Wrote:  I wrote an article on Christmas on my blog a few years ago:

Love it!

Thank you; it's the season to be jolly so why not have a laugh Tongue  *wink wink* [/sarcasm]

Only light can do that
Only love can do that
Heart

12-14-2015, 06:35 AM #7
cookie
Marshall
Nice Riddler!
As I stated, I don't have a problem with pagans (true pagans) nor do I have a problem with Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists etc. I welcome anyone who has a true heart & soul!
My problem lies with the evil ones who have pulled the wool over peoples eyes for millennia.

Your behaviour does.
The following 4 users Like cookie's post:
  • Tarikko, sophiaponders, Riddler, Sidhuriel

12-14-2015, 06:37 AM #8
Sidhuriel
Chaplain
(12-14-2015, 06:24 AM)Riddler Wrote:  I keep myself far and distant from pagan rituals and fake peace behavoir.

besides,
Christmas has no roots in true Christianity. Many Bible scholars of various religious denominations acknowledge this.

The article Cookie posted was about that too; which is why I didn't repeat this info here.

Also; ''Santa claus'' is based on the myth of Saint Nicholas who was a Roman Catholic ''saint'' ; and his dark side called Krampus in Northern Europe. Both are pagan myths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krampus

Santa claus has absolutely NOTHING to do with Christ and neither has ''Christmas'' ; besides if it were about Jesus they'd call it ''Jesus mass'' and not ''christ'' mass - as ''christ'' only means ''anointed one'' in Greek. That can be anyone. A good reminder of what's really going on.
This post was last modified: 12-14-2015, 06:38 AM by Sidhuriel.

Only light can do that
Only love can do that
Heart
The following 2 users Like Sidhuriel's post:
  • Goku, cookie

12-14-2015, 07:07 AM #9
Riddler
Chaplain
(12-14-2015, 06:35 AM)cookie Wrote:  Nice Riddler!
As I stated, I don't have a problem with pagans (true pagans) nor do I have a problem with Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists etc. I welcome anyone who has a true heart & soul!
My problem lies with the evil ones who have pulled the wool over peoples eyes for millennia.

i respect that.

however, i do have a problem with obscuring and befouling true christianity, which has been done by - who else? the Roman Catholic church, making people think Christmas indeed is 'Christian' festivity, veiling the people from the truth.

People willing to be joyful and happy, i don't mind - though to be quite frank, i hate sanctimony. A classic example is in the WW's when 2 camps were shooting eachother and on christmas they put their weapons down ate together and then when it was over they shot eachother again. thats hypocrisy and rediculous. If any, that moment should have made people realise what they were doing and simply stop killing/making war alltogether.

to be honest, worst imho are atheists celebrating christmas. There are some prime example atheists on this board whom have a deep and profound hatred against religion and stop at nothing from being demeaning and insulting, showing their utter disrespect and disgust from anything religious. Paganism is also a religion.
It's hipocritical to the bone for these people to celebrate christmas. if any they should take a stand and distance themselves from it. but well.......it goes kind of different, doesnt it?

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout ‘Save us!’ And I'll whisper ‘No
------------
----------------------------------------------
The following 4 users Like Riddler's post:
  • Tarikko, sophiaponders, Scimitar, cookie

12-14-2015, 07:28 AM #10
cookie
Marshall
HaHa
The catholic church.. That's content for another thread!
Big Grin

Your behaviour does.
The following 3 users Like cookie's post:
  • Tarikko, Sidhuriel, Riddler