#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Candice Bergen and her father's dummy

12-12-2015, 10:44 PM #1
awake
Squire
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hph...e=56DA22ED

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-died.html

I saw the childhood picture of Candice Bergen today. It seemed very creepy. Then I Googled her and found out that her dad treated his ventriloquist dummy as a child, her sibling. Sounds traumatizing. I didn't really watch any of her work but I do remember seeing her now and again on TV. What do you think?
This post was last modified: 12-12-2015, 10:52 PM by awake.
The following 1 user Likes awake's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

12-12-2015, 10:47 PM #2
awake
Squire
Huh Can you see the picture?
This post was last modified: 12-12-2015, 10:54 PM by awake.

12-12-2015, 11:43 PM #3
DiscoStu
Marshall
The first link is the picture, and it is creepy. Not sure how to embed here because the string of characters in the URL.

I haven't followed Candice's career. I watched Murphy Brown, which is pretty dated now. IIRC, she once mentioned being chased down that same tunnel in Paris where Princess Diana was killed. 

The following 3 users Like DiscoStu's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, awake, sophiaponders

12-13-2015, 01:57 AM #4
awake
Squire
[quote][quote='DiscoStu' pid='38904' dateline='1449978190']
The first link is the picture, and it is creepy. Not sure how to embed here because the string of characters in the URL.

I haven't followed Candice's career. I watched Murphy Brown, which is pretty dated now. IIRC, she once mentioned being chased down that same tunnel in Paris where Princess Diana was killed. 

[/quote]

About Murphy Brown...
"She compared playing her award-winning title role on Murphy Brown to channeling her inner Charlie."

"'A gentle squeeze on the back of my neck was my cue to open and shut my mouth so he could ventriloquize me. Charlie and I would chatter together silently, while behind us Dad would supply the snappy repartee for both of us. Charlie had his own bedroom next to mine- and his was bigger.'"

And about the death of her spouse
‘'I was in a black anger. I felt that my life, which had always been blessed, had suddenly been hijacked by this completely other force.'’
This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 01:59 AM by awake.
The following 1 user Likes awake's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

12-13-2015, 05:23 AM #5
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I noticed those mentions, too, while reading that. Also wondered what was meant by she's become a lunatic when separated from her daughter. Some serious lines to read between.

That picture was disturbing. Same with the puppet being the favorite child. Sounds like her dad had personality issues himself.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job