#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Dear Muslim Community (A Message From A Peace Loving Christian)

12-12-2015, 07:11 PM #1
sophiaponders
Chaplain
From the blog of an American Christian- John Pavlovitz- a wonderful message Heart : http://johnpavlovitz.com/2015/12/10/dear...christian/

"Dear Muslim Community,

I’m an American Christian and I’m sorry.

I’m sorry that the loudest voices representing my faith tradition right now seem to be the most hateful ones, the ones least like Jesus.

I’m sorry that these voices are making you feel unwelcome and unloved in my country, that they are magnifying fear, that they are causing you to experience terrible discrimination and undeserved animosity in the places you worship and raise your families and make your livings.

I’m sorry that you are being unfairly penalized for a handful of twisted, violent people who share little more than simply the name of your faith. (I understand well what that is like).

I need you to know that these ignorant, frightened, bigoted bullies claiming to speak for Christians do not represent me, no matter how high a platform they have or how recognizable their names are or how much money they have.

They don’t represent most of the Christians I know either.

You see, we fully realize that these men and women are extremists too. They too are terrorists, only instead of vest bombs and assault rifles and swords, their weapons are pulpits and podcasts and press releases. It’s all the same vile stuff in a different package, and it is all the enemy of Life.

There is little difference between them and those they so vehemently condemn, and so many of us know this. We recognize contempt and malice and bitterness, even when it is camouflaged in faith and wrapped in religion, and we are having none of it, either in our name or in Jesus’.

We understand well that hatred is not the sole property of any faith tradition, and we reject the broad and damaging brush they paint you with because you deserve to be fully seen and fully heard and fully known. We all do.

We know that so many of you, like so may of us choose goodness and default to gentleness. We know that you too believe in the inherent value of all people and genuinely seek peace with those who live alongside you. We believe that you agree with us, that love and compassion and kindness and mercy are universal values, and that in so many fundamental ways we are the same.

We are together in this; living shoulder to shoulder in the kindhearted middle of true Humanity, stuck wedged between warring factions who don’t realize they are so very much alike. We are all their collateral damage.

I apologize for those who are misrepresenting our Christian faith tradition and the way they have caused you such pain. I am sorry that they are perpetuating violence with every sermon, every stump speech, every interview, and that they show little remorse and great arrogance as they do so.

But more than that, I am sorry that so many of us have been so silent in the face of it all. Most people don’t have the power or the reach or the influence that they have, but that can no longer be an excuse.

Just as the beheaders and the bombers steal the voices of your people in the world, so the celebrity pastors and the Presidential candidates steal ours. We’re going to change that. We have to.

Right now, please accept these words as a beginning; as confirmation that we are fully disgusted with our misguided brothers and sisters, that we condemn their continuing, narrow-minded, unprovoked attacks on you and your faith tradition, and that we are fully committed to finding a better response to violence than more violence.

We will not meet fear with fear.
We will not respond to bigotry with more of the same.
We will not be drafted into their manufactured holy war.

So until we can wrestle the microphone from those warmongers who have commandeered it, and until we can make sure that the voice of Jesus is the one most loudly representing us, please know that we are sorry.

We are called by our tradition to be forgivers, to be cheek turners, to be healers, to be peacemakers.

Many of us remember this.

Many of us desire this.

May this peace be in us.

And may this peace, be with you."
This post was last modified: 12-12-2015, 07:11 PM by sophiaponders.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/

12-13-2015, 05:07 AM #2
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
That's beautiful, Sophia! Thank you for sharing Heart

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 5 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • The Creeper, Scimitar, shahah25, sophiaponders, Tarikko

12-13-2015, 05:49 AM #3
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(12-13-2015, 05:07 AM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  That's beautiful, Sophia! Thank you for sharing Heart

Heart love Heart

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 5 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • ayoosharose, The Creeper, Scimitar, Tarikko, Thy Unveiling

12-13-2015, 12:06 PM #4
Scimitar
Grand Commander
As a Muslim, my response is as follows,

Dear American Christians - we don't blame you for the opinions you hold of us.

It's not your fault you were born into a world full of deceptions.

It's not your fault that most of you are nothing but tape recorders repeating the bigotry and hatred your govt. and media have conditioned you to believe.

It's not your fault that your govt's foreign policy stinks to high heaven.

It's not your fault that you do not get taught LOGIC in your schools so it's not your fault that in most cases you guys just don't know how to think or how to measure the truthfulness of a statement.

It's just not your fault.

So don't apoligise, we do not require it, although the semtiment is appreciated - it is not necessary.

God bless,

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 8 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • 24theking, ayoosharose, The Creeper, manifesto, shahah25, khadeejah, sophiaponders, Tarikko

12-13-2015, 02:52 PM #5
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(12-13-2015, 12:06 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  As a Muslim, my response is as follows,

Dear American Christians - we don't blame you for the opinions you hold of us.

It's not your fault you were born into a world full of deceptions.

It's not your fault that most of you are nothing but tape recorders repeating the bigotry and hatred your govt. and media have conditioned you to believe.

It's not your fault that your govt's foreign policy stinks to high heaven.

It's not your fault that you do not get taught LOGIC in your schools so it's not your fault that in most cases you guys just don't know how to think or how to measure the truthfulness of a statement.

It's just not your fault.

So don't apoligise, we do not require it, although the semtiment is appreciated - it is not necessary.

God bless,

Scimi

Scimi, I agree with what you have said and thank you for your response.. but I think you should keep in mind why this apology was written right now. I don't think you live in America- (I think I read you live in Pakistan?) - however American Muslims need to hear things like this right now, because of the GOP and especially Donald Trump. The right wing here is going absolutely xenophobic against Arab and Muslim people here. Since Trump's speech a week ago saying that all Muslims should be banned from America.. there have been at least 17 attacks on Muslims throughout the country by right wing extremists. That was in the last week! Sad And fears are high in the Muslim and Arab community here because of the rhetoric by right wing politicians. Not even after 9/11 was xenophobia this high.. I am no Bush apologist, but not even he demonized all Muslims after that.. he made sure to say that Islam was a religion of peace and Al Qaeda did not represent Muslims and American Muslims were our citizens.. Trump is publicly demonizing all Muslims and saying they are all like ISIS to the point where even Dick Cheney had to come out last week and say Trump's racist and bigoted rhetoric was unacceptable and unAmerican.. not that Trump listened. And he is leading in the Republican polls.
This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 03:01 PM by sophiaponders.

The following 4 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • shahah25, The Creeper, Tarikko, Scimitar

12-13-2015, 03:18 PM #6
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Can't disagree with that Cool

The American People who are bigoted, racist, xenophobic, whatever - they are not whom I am speaking to in terms of forgiveness - its hard not to forgive the ignorant - I refer to people like yourself Sophia, good, honest, caring people who are not hard of heart. You do not need to apologise to us - we are in this fight together.

Btw, I live in London, England. Was born here. And I love it here too. Where I live, we have very diverse communities with the latest influx of immigrants coming from Eastern Europe.

Scimi
This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 03:19 PM by Scimitar.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 4 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • shahah25, The Creeper, sophiaponders, Tarikko

12-13-2015, 03:59 PM #7
sophiaponders
Chaplain
Also.. last week the main American Nazi publication- 'The Daily Stormer' came out and endorsed Trump for president and called him the new leader for his anti-Islamic and Arab rhetoric.. said heil Trump etc. The mainstream media covered it.. and Trump never said a word about it- did not distance himself from it- for the past week. Unbelievable and unforgivable at this point. He is also still running for president even though the WH said last week his comments disqualified him for running for President. And he is the leading republican candidate now in polls. Now the Nazis are calling on him to lead a 'thousand year reich' against the Arabs in America. (as well as Mexicans Black people, Jews, white ppl that dont agree w them etc) This is the pandoras box he has opened.. and it is having an effect,, since his anti-Arab speech last week and Nazi endorsement- there have been numerous attacks on Muslims and Arabs across America, sound familiar? And when I say Nazis.. I mean THE NAZIS. Look up their newspaper i mentioned above some time. They hate all people who arent white, or white people who don't agree with them, do not differentiate between Muslims or ISIS, Jews or Zionists etc.. also hate black people, mexicans.. all that aren't white- and are evil occultists.
Nazis never just hated all Jews.. or just killed Jews. And they certainly weren't/aren't Christian.
They also have alot of power in this world still to this day.. our whole f'd up political system is based around them. Anytime anyone brings up anything to do with unpleasant facts about war, geo-political policies etc- the answer is always 'because- the nazis, look at the nazis, etc. They are the harbingers of evil and death in many different ways. MK Ultra also comes from them. They havent gone away.
Also.. I can't begin to say what spirit is behind them, or what or who they follow bec. that is a different and long thread- however the Nazis are extremely satanic occultists, part of the illuminati secret societies and always have been. They were never 'Christian'.
I may write about this in the future.
This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 04:12 PM by sophiaponders.

The following 5 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • erucysae, shahah25, Tarikko, The Creeper, Scimitar

12-13-2015, 07:04 PM #8
The Creeper
Chaplain
(12-13-2015, 03:59 PM)sophiaponders Wrote:  Also.. last week the main American Nazi publication- 'The Daily Stormer' came out and endorsed Trump for president and called him the new leader for his anti-Islamic and Arab rhetoric.. said heil Trump etc. The mainstream media covered it.. and Trump never said a word about it- did not distance himself from it- for the past week. Unbelievable and unforgivable at this point. He is also still running for president even though the WH said last week his comments disqualified him for running for President. And he is the leading republican candidate now in polls. Now the Nazis are calling on him to lead a 'thousand year reich' against the Arabs in America. (as well as Mexicans Black people, Jews, white ppl that dont agree w them etc)  This is the pandoras box he has opened.. and it is having an effect,, since his anti-Arab speech last week and Nazi endorsement- there have been numerous attacks on Muslims and Arabs across America, sound familiar? And when I say Nazis.. I mean THE NAZIS. Look up their newspaper i mentioned above some time. They hate all people who arent white, or white people who don't agree with them, do not  differentiate between Muslims or ISIS, Jews or Zionists etc.. also hate black people, mexicans.. all that aren't white- and are evil occultists.
Nazis never just hated all Jews.. or just killed Jews. And they certainly weren't/aren't Christian.
They also have alot of power in this world still to this day.. our whole f'd up political system is based around them. Anytime anyone brings up anything to do with unpleasant facts about war, geo-political policies etc- the answer is always 'because- the nazis, look at the nazis,  etc. They are the harbingers of evil and death in many different ways. MK Ultra also comes from them. They havent gone away.
Also.. I can't begin to say what spirit is behind them, or what or who they follow bec. that is a different and long thread- however the Nazis are extremely satanic occultists, part of the illuminati secret societies and always have been. They were never 'Christian'.
I may write about this in the future.

I think there was a nazi thread already made and I said basically what you just said I will have to dig it up...

There are actually a few threads that talk about the nazi's.

EDIT: This one was the one I was thinking of, from back when the forum opened. There was another one I posted in as well but I couldn't find it.

http://vigilantcitizen.com/forums/Thread...-It-Happen?

It wasn't even supposed to be about the nazi's but it became about the nazi's when Resistance kept posting stuff about them and the Jews.

If you want to make a thread specifically about the weird shit the nazi's got up to and how the Nazi's didn't lose WW2 and just moved to America and Argentina and went underground. I think it would be a good thread.
This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 07:21 PM by The Creeper.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 4 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • shahah25, Tarikko, sophiaponders, Scimitar

12-15-2015, 09:25 PM #9
dzubmarinara
Marshall
while i appreciate the kind, beautiful words and intentions, i find it unfair you have to apologize for the whole of your community for the actions of a few.
something that's been pressured,  expected for a muslim to do when some random incident happens somewhere 1000 miles from where they live. acts done by muslims who don't even share their version of Islam , motivated by the politics of their environment.

i strongly believe christians,jews, muslims DO get along. we can live and let live, as taught by our faith.
the problem is the ones who don't get along have bombs, guns, armies.

u have a great day ahead!
The following 6 users Like dzubmarinara's post:
  • sophiaponders, Goku, Todd, Tarikko, Scimitar, The Creeper

12-16-2015, 09:12 AM #10
erucysae
Justiciar
Apology accepted

By the time, verily, man is in loss.

RIDDLER, GO AWAY LOL

~LV
The following 4 users Like erucysae's post:
  • The Creeper, Scimitar, sophiaponders, Tarikko