#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Maa Antum? What Are You?

12-08-2015, 01:30 PM #1
Scimitar
Grand Commander
I'm a Muslim - a non denominational one. I do not belong to any sect within Islam. Neither did the Prophet Muhammad pbuh.

Maa Antum?

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 7 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Serendipity, shahah25, khadeejah, Loki, The Creeper, Tarikko, erucysae

12-08-2015, 01:31 PM #2
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Loki - Maa Antum? Big Grin

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 4 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • shahah25, Loki, The Creeper, Tarikko

12-08-2015, 01:34 PM #3
erucysae
Justiciar
What is "Maa Antum"?

By the time, verily, man is in loss.

RIDDLER, GO AWAY LOL

~LV
The following 4 users Like erucysae's post:
  • shahah25, The Creeper, Tarikko, Scimitar

12-08-2015, 01:35 PM #4
Scimitar
Grand Commander
"What are you?"

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 3 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • shahah25, The Creeper, Tarikko

12-08-2015, 01:47 PM #5
Tarikko
Chaplain
Al Hamdulillah akhi,

A Muslim, inshallah. Always and Forever.

Our religion is One, our Book is One, our Prophet is One, Allah is one.

"Woe to those who divide their religion into sects".

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 5 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • Serendipity, shahah25, khadeejah, Scimitar, The Creeper

12-08-2015, 01:47 PM #6
Loki
Chaplain
I don't have any need for a label. I'm Loki. Well, I have a real name, just not one I'm going to share here. Jess can verify that I do in fact have a real name though.

I'm kind and helpful without wanting or expecting anything in return. I'm also selfish at times and do have a love for collecting material things and techy gadgets I have no real need for. I love animals but also squish spiders and hate ants, gnats, mosquitos, fleas, and most of the annoying insects. I think I'm pretty funny and while I can be serious I prefer to look at everything from a whimsical point of view. Maybe that's the optimist in me or maybe sometimes we have to laugh to keep from crying. I believe we were created by something but I don't claim to know by what and to what extent. I find all religions to be mostly full of shit while usually meaning well and I think that whatever brings you joy and happiness is good so long as you aren't harming others. I'm undecided on the spirit world and which parts are legit and which parts are hokum, but I like the idea of it. I have absolutely no interest in others telling me what to believe or how to believe it, but I'm open to all sorts of ideas and while skeptic I do enjoy to muse about things no matter how silly they might seem to my rational brain.

That's just a very cursory glance at what I am, but enough I think.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 6 users Like Loki's post:
  • Serendipity, shahah25, Goku, Tarikko, Scimitar, The Creeper

12-08-2015, 01:49 PM #7
Tarikko
Chaplain
P.S:

Islam is no label, it is a state of mind... A way of life

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 3 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • shahah25, Scimitar, The Creeper

12-08-2015, 01:52 PM #8
erucysae
Justiciar
lollllllll oh now I feel stupid, it was in the title. DUH

I am a wanderer. I do not belong anywhere. I am an explorer. I find the truth using all that I can perceive with. I am a friend. I give all I can to the earth and everything that resides in it. I am a mother. I nurture the lives that have been given into my hands. I am a crying and smiling soul. I live in awe of all that is around me. I am a servant of the Lord of the Worlds. And I live and die in His name.

By the time, verily, man is in loss.

RIDDLER, GO AWAY LOL

~LV
The following 7 users Like erucysae's post:
  • Serendipity, shahah25, Goku, Loki, Scimitar, The Creeper, Tarikko

12-08-2015, 01:56 PM #9
The Creeper
Chaplain
Other people tend to look down on me because I am a dirty ex-druggy with no money and apparantly I am crazy.

I am the ultimate peace loving hippy. Every man is my brother and every woman is my sister (whether they believe or not)

I am a Muslim.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 8 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Serendipity, shahah25, Goku, Kung Fu, Tarikko, Sidhuriel, Loki, Scimitar

12-08-2015, 01:58 PM #10
Scimitar
Grand Commander
(12-08-2015, 01:47 PM)Loki Wrote:  I don't have any need for a label. I'm Loki. Well, I have a real name, just not one I'm going to share here. Jess can verify that I do in fact have a real name though.

I'm kind and helpful without wanting or expecting anything in return. I'm also selfish at times and do have a love for collecting material things and techy gadgets I have no real need for. I love animals but also squish spiders and hate ants, gnats, mosquitos, fleas, and most of the annoying insects. I think I'm pretty funny and while I can be serious I prefer to look at everything from a whimsical point of view. Maybe that's the optimist in me or maybe sometimes we have to laugh to keep from crying. I believe we were created by something but I don't claim to know by what and to what extent. I find all religions to be mostly full of shit while usually meaning well and I think that whatever brings you joy and happiness is good so long as you aren't harming others. I'm undecided on the spirit world and which parts are legit and which parts are hokum, but I like the idea of it. I have absolutely no interest in others telling me what to believe or how to believe it, but I'm open to all sorts of ideas and while skeptic I do enjoy to muse about things no matter how silly they might seem to my rational brain.

That's just a very cursory glance at what I am, but enough I think.

May I refer to you as an Agnostic?

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 6 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Serendipity, shahah25, Goku, Tarikko, Loki, The Creeper