#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
On My Travels: Coombe Abbey

12-04-2015, 09:49 AM #1
erucysae
Justiciar
Hey guys, hope you're all well.
Apologies for the long post, but this is a place I've stayed at twice now. A country hotel and also popular wedding venue in a remote location in Coventry. Beautiful surrounding gardens and country. But crazy stories and  dark experiences I've had there lol.
I had many more pictures but not quite sure where they are. Some are from my phone , some a disposable camera (because why not lol)
Anyway, I'll try to keep it short. LOTS of mirrors, huge ones, lots of statue heads and statues. Massive chairs. Massive doorways. Massive stairs. Eagles in the gardens, very Zelda like, you could imagine pushing a statue for it to reveal a secret passageway :p. Slave statues pushing and lifting up statue heads on their own head. A sarcophagus of a priest (don't have a picture of this ). As above so below depictions on it. Lots of paintings of soulless people. I had to stick paper over the ones in the my room, too creepy, hated the massive mirror infront of my bed too. So much red, dark red corridoors, lights that cast light in the shape of a butterfly (this didnt come out in my picture). There was chequered flooring but mainly in the bathrooms. Alot of other rooms as it's a huge building but they are closed off for guests. It's very quiet, a distant harp playing in the background, was very Eyes Wide Shut, the whole vibe. Sound is compressed in this building, thick with atmosphere and energy. Uneasiness, and the feeling of something in the corner of your eye lol. Enjoy!
This post was last modified: 12-04-2015, 09:52 AM by erucysae.

By the time, verily, man is in loss.

RIDDLER, GO AWAY LOL

~LV
The following 3 users Like erucysae's post:
  • Serendipity, Goku, Tarikko

12-04-2015, 09:50 AM #2
erucysae
Justiciar

RIDDLER, GO AWAY LOL

~LV

12-04-2015, 09:51 AM #3
erucysae
Justiciar

Aaand a mickey mouse 666 hand thrown in for good measure lol

I'm done!
~Eru
This post was last modified: 12-04-2015, 09:55 AM by erucysae.

RIDDLER, GO AWAY LOL

~LV