#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
How Christianity stole the Winter-Solstice holiday and made it Christmas!

11-30-2015, 07:34 PM #1
TonyVanDam
Justiciar
This is TonyVanDam and I approve the following message by Jim Walker, webmaster of NoBeliefs.com:

-------

Perhaps I should title this section, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" except that the Grinch, in this case, describes Christians, and 'Christmas' gets replaced by the original pagan celebrations.

Christians celebrate the Nativity, or the birth of the alleged Jesus every December 25. Contrary to belief, there exists no evidence for a Jesus born on a December. Not a single shred of Biblical text declares this date, nor gives a hint of a winter season birth for a Jesus "the Christ." In fact, there occurs not a tad of evidence for the existence of a historical Jesus!

The Christmas that we celebrate today derived from pre-Christian Germanic, Roman, and Celtic people who celebrated the winter solstice. The use of holly, mistletoe, yule logs, wassail bowls, and decorating a tree derived from early pagan customs. Many European countries still call this celebration "Yule-tide" meaning "wheel time," the cycles of time. None of these derive from Christian origin.

The Persian Mithras cult spread during the 3rd and 4th centuries B.C.E. and predates Christian ceremonies and rites such as: baptism, communion wafer, and Sunday rest. On December 25, the sacrifice of a bull celebrated the Sol invictus (the invincible sun) and signaled the birth of a young sun god who sprang from a rock or a cave in the form of a newborn infant.

The Romans celebrated the Winter Solstice on December 25th as a renewing of the sun every year. Also the Romans celebrated the festival of the Saturnalia from December 17th to the 24th to honor Saturn, the god of grain and agriculture. The festival consisted of a period of goodwill, devoted to visiting friends and the giving of gifts.

At the beginning of the first century, Christianity emerged as a fledgling religion but not until the 4th century did Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus. The motive behind the introduction of this celebration aimed at subverting the practice of pagan rituals such as Mithra and Saturnalia. Pope Liberius introduced the Nativity on December 25th 354 C.E.. By the 5th century, the event became so customary that it began to mark the beginning of the ceremonial year.

Today, we still celebrate with ornaments on trees, mistletoe and giving gifts, none of which has anything to do with Christian mythology. So instead of celebrating the Christian deception, why not opt for the earlier non-god celebration of the Winter Solstice? After all, it represents an actual event as the planet earth orbits about the sun. The universe presents us with far more magnificent events than the superstitious religionists have ever dreamt up. Even more than the imagination of Dr. Seuss.

SOURCE:
http://www.nobeliefs.com/facts.htm#anchor189702

-------

At the end of the day, everyone still have their Freedom Of Choice to believe and/or practice whatever they want for the holiday season. But if nothing else, this should be used as a reminder that December 25th being the day to celebrate the birth of (the mythical and fictional character called) The Messiah Yahusha (AKA Christ Jesus) is a total lie, plain and simple.

Happy Holidays at your own reason.
The following 6 users Like TonyVanDam's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, cookie, Serendipity, Goku, Tarikko

11-30-2015, 07:56 PM #2
Yahda
Chaplain
The Egyptians also practice this same worship with Aset, Asar, and Heru/Horus who was the first  so called Jesus, Mary, and Joseph . 

This is why a cow is always depicted above or around the nativity scene. This is how Mary came about. In Egypt/Kemet, the cow/muri which equals Mary is depicted on the temple or chapel walls watching over Heru/Horus. This is why a cow is always depicted in the manger. Even the tour guide brochure page 18 states that this is where Christmas comes from. Well they used the words " curious resemblance " to be exact. Your 3 wise men, the immaculate conception.....all that comes from here !

Let's take a look at the Christmas tree itself . What is on top ?

An angel or star right ?

What is wrapped around this tree ?

Garland.

What's on the tree ?

Ornaments balls right ?

What's under the tree ?

Presents 

What you have is the story of falling Angels and the corruption of human DNA

If you look up a DNA strand, it has little balls, and and the strands kind of spiral down and around...

Now let's go back to the garden when the snake deceived Eve. This is always depicted with a snake spiraling down a tree, which brings me back to the angel or star that is placed on top of the tree, and the garland spiraling down. The presents beneath represent the corrupted seed/offspring. 

This my friends is what you all proudly show off every year in your homes. I just thought I'd share some interesting information. 

(11-30-2015, 07:34 PM)TonyVanDam Wrote:  This is TonyVanDam and I approve the following message by Jim Walker, webmaster of NoBeliefs.com:

-------

Perhaps I should title this section, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" except that the Grinch, in this case, describes Christians, and 'Christmas' gets replaced by the original pagan celebrations.

Christians celebrate the Nativity, or the birth of the alleged Jesus every December 25. Contrary to belief, there exists no evidence for a Jesus born on a December. Not a single shred of Biblical text declares this date, nor gives a hint of a winter season birth for a Jesus "the Christ." In fact, there occurs not a tad of evidence for the existence of a historical Jesus!

The Christmas that we celebrate today derived from pre-Christian Germanic, Roman, and Celtic people who celebrated the winter solstice. The use of holly, mistletoe, yule logs, wassail bowls, and decorating a tree derived from early pagan customs. Many European countries still call this celebration "Yule-tide" meaning "wheel time," the cycles of time. None of these derive from Christian origin.

The Persian Mithras cult spread during the 3rd and 4th centuries B.C.E. and predates Christian ceremonies and rites such as: baptism, communion wafer, and Sunday rest. On December 25, the sacrifice of a bull celebrated the Sol invictus (the invincible sun) and signaled the birth of a young sun god who sprang from a rock or a cave in the form of a newborn infant.

The Romans celebrated the Winter Solstice on December 25th as a renewing of the sun every year. Also the Romans celebrated the festival of the Saturnalia from December 17th to the 24th to honor Saturn, the god of grain and agriculture. The festival consisted of a period of goodwill, devoted to visiting friends and the giving of gifts.

At the beginning of the first century, Christianity emerged as a fledgling religion but not until the 4th century did Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus. The motive behind the introduction of this celebration aimed at subverting the practice of pagan rituals such as Mithra and Saturnalia. Pope Liberius introduced the Nativity on December 25th 354 C.E.. By the 5th century, the event became so customary that it began to mark the beginning of the ceremonial year.

Today, we still celebrate with ornaments on trees, mistletoe and giving gifts, none of which has anything to do with Christian mythology. So instead of celebrating the Christian deception, why not opt for the earlier non-god celebration of the Winter Solstice? After all, it represents an actual event as the planet earth orbits about the sun. The universe presents us with far more magnificent events than the superstitious religionists have ever dreamt up. Even more than the imagination of Dr. Seuss.

SOURCE:
http://www.nobeliefs.com/facts.htm#anchor189702

-------

At the end of the day, everyone still have their Freedom Of Choice to believe and/or practice whatever they want for the holiday season. But if nothing else, this should be used as a reminder that December 25th being the day to celebrate the birth of (the mythical and fictional character called) The Messiah Yahusha (AKA Christ Jesus) is a total lie, plain and simple.

Happy Holidays at your own reason.
This post was last modified: 11-30-2015, 11:47 PM by Yahda.

~Yahda
The following 3 users Like Yahda's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, Tarikko

11-30-2015, 08:32 PM #3
Lisa
Chaplain
It's too bad that most Christains in the US don't want to know that. I tried telling this older gentleman once and he gave me the dirtiest look. Ok then.....

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
The following 2 users Like Lisa's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, MissMiami

11-30-2015, 09:53 PM #4
MissMiami
Marshall
I agree, but just want to point out that some people equate the evergreen tree as representing eternal and everlasting life, and the presents as representing the free gift of salvation.

12-01-2015, 05:02 AM #5
Annonymous Damsel
Marshall
Huh

12-01-2015, 06:03 AM #6
Goku
Chaplain
(11-30-2015, 07:56 PM)Yahda Wrote:  What you have is the story of falling Angels and the corruption of human DNA

If you look up a DNA strand, it has little balls, and and the strands kind of spiral down and around...

Now let's go back to the garden when the snake deceived Eve. This is always depicted with a snake spiraling down a tree, which brings me back to the angel or star that is placed on top of the tree, and the garland spiraling down. The presents beneath represent the corrupted seed/offspring. 

Christmas trees with the Star/Angel on top do not symbolise the falling of Angels and the corruption of Human DNA.

The 'little balls' on DNA are elements and they all combine perfectly with each other to make us who we are, all different.

I see your finding the similarities between garland and snake, the elements of DNA to baubles on a tree and presents as offspring?

Anyhow, I doubt anyone knew as much about DNA and the double helix as we do now, so your idea doesn't stick.

Don't overthink things Yahda, you make them more complicated than they already are.

Focus on the positive, not the negative.

@TVD - Awesome thread bro, shedding light on mainstream ceremonies is necessary to learning about the modern world.
This post was last modified: 12-01-2015, 06:04 AM by Goku.
The following 4 users Like Goku's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, TonyVanDam, Tarikko

12-01-2015, 07:04 AM #7
Sidhuriel
Chaplain
Christmas as we know it is indeed a pagan holiday; it dates back to the Germanic celebration of Yule which was the midwinter feast. The theme of Yule is the rebirth of the Sun God; and was later adopted by the Catholic church and turned into the birth of Jesus Christ.

Pagans believe that with the harvest feast in September; the Horned God dies and travels to the underworld. With Yule; he is reborn and resurrected.

The holly tree symbolises hope and life; in the darkest of winter it is still green. Indicating the promise of spring. The golden pike is a direct reference to masculine fertility; and again the Horned God. As are the golden balls and other ornaments used to decorate the tree.

Source: My own experience as a pagan/witch.

This is why I don't celebrate Christmas since I've become a Christian; it's rife with occult symbolism and the true date of birth of Christ is unknown.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness
Only light can do that
Hate can't drive out hate
Only love can do that
Heart
The following 10 users Like Sidhuriel's post:
  • Lady, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, sophiaponders, cookie, TonyVanDam, Scimitar, Todd, Goku, Tarikko

12-01-2015, 07:13 AM #8
Tarikko
Chaplain
Am I the only one who makes the connection between the pyramid and the all seeing eye and the pyramid shaped xmas tree and "star" on top?
This post was last modified: 12-01-2015, 07:14 AM by Tarikko.

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 5 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, TonyVanDam, Scimitar, Goku

12-01-2015, 07:50 AM #9
Goku
Chaplain
(12-01-2015, 07:13 AM)Tarikko Wrote:  Am I the only one who makes the connection between the pyramid and the all seeing eye and the pyramid shaped xmas tree and "star" on top?

I'd argue Fir Trees were around long before Pyramids bro.

However, I see what you're getting at.
The following 5 users Like Goku's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, sophiaponders, Scimitar, Tarikko

12-01-2015, 09:12 AM #10
Todd
Chaplain
Yep this is just one of the topics I taught in a mainstream church about 6 months before they disowned me Big Grin

Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did
The following 7 users Like Todd's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, peacebeuponall, Scimitar, Goku, Sidhuriel, Tarikko