#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

Return of The X-Files; yes, I'm excited about it

11-27-2015, 03:24 PM #1
When I was a kid, my brother watched "The X-files" and it was excellent for its willingness to explore what many considered "tin foil" conspiracy theories and I remember the "what if?" being a fun thing to consider.

Now, I'm older, wiser, studied a Science for years; in other words, I'm a thoroughly adult skeptic, who it takes a lot to convince of the validity some extraordinary happenings. Yet, I feel this show is more relevant and fascinating now, than it was for me in the 90's because as technology has expanded and become increasingly more accessible to all, the truth is clearly not as black and white as I thought it was 20+ years ago and I want to see how they navigate these murky areas in an era where theories previously written off as not worth paying attention to, don't seem to be so outlandish after all. 

Is anyone else interested in seeing the next season?

The following 1 user Likes Daisy's post:
  • Trenton

11-28-2015, 06:09 PM #2
The X-files was one of the best shows I ever watched! So it's exciting and will be interesting to see it's return. After all so muchhhhh has happened globally since it last aired, so I wonder what kindof agenda/conspiracies they will cover.

By the time, verily, man is in loss.

The following 1 user Likes erucysae's post:
  • Trenton

11-28-2015, 10:44 PM #3
I liked The Lone Gunmen. Though I know their fate, a small part of me hopes there's some deus ex machina ploy to bring them back.

11-29-2015, 07:31 AM #4
To be honest, i think it's a desperate attempt from fox to use anything left to drain money from it.
while the original actors are still around they can '(ab)use' them still to grab attention of classic
followers and new interest. i don't think it'll last long and then go out again untill they'll find they
need to find a drain for money again.

to be honest, i think X-files would be left best as making a thriller movie once a year instead of
being a tv-series. there's more time to improve quality and less pressure to invent as many
scripts that tend to become more and more absurd and lame.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout ‘Save us!’ And I'll whisper ‘No
The following 1 user Likes Riddler's post:
  • sarcasm

12-03-2015, 01:11 AM #5
Im not excited, but for some reason in the past the show appealed to me. In 2013, or14 I rewatched some eps, one of which stood out as totally SRitualAbuse.. something with an evil teacher and a girl who was starting to remember terrible trauma.

I dont see any point to try and rescuscitate this now. I prefer comedy shows... laugh a little. First 2 seasons of my name is earl, or likewise the australian old, but still distributed show "all together now". LMAO stuff.