#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Manspreading & The Coolness of Being a Violent Wimp

06-11-2015, 05:24 PM #1
TurdGolem
Knight
Well, it turns out that I was reading the news and I heard something about a word called "manspreading". And to be honest, I thought it was some troll in the comment section complaining about men getting arrested or cited for such actions. I don't know what made me search the term in google, which sadly I did...

From the beggining, the first articles or references I read were from lunatic radical feminists that seemed to simply complain about every aspect of their lives, and just wanted something dumb to rant about in Tumblr, or other forms of media. Nothing big there, since that seems to be the norm of modern feminists, or feminist men. ***(Granted, this is not a take at actual women that believe in humanism, but the group of radicals that harp and blame men for every single aspect of their actual failures, so please, don't take this as an actual rant against females, or women in well standing positions of leadership.)***.

Sadly, I stumbled upon actual news articles where they made the push so much, and complained about manspreading as if it was an actual thing that they even made the subway stations waste money on putting up signs such as these:

Kept going further, and there seems to be too many people, including these wimps, thinking that this is an acutal social issue, depicting how men control women, blablabla "insert random offended issue for non real issue here, like the #killallmen or #rapeculture yadayadayada"

They've taken pictures and there are actual people... really behind this... and there are people that actually do beleive that men are mysongygygwabala or whatever word they come up with that they never heard of but heard in tumbler, just because men spread sometimes.

I was laughing a bit at the lunacy to be honest, then I stumbled upon this and the smirk on my face kind of turned into dismay:

Huffingtonpost: 2 Men Get Cited & Arrested for Manspreading

Yes... You can click the link if you want, or be saved from the lunacy in it. This is modern wimpiness taken to an extreme. Apparently, tumbler feminists push their hatred for humanity to such an extent that NY city decided to make this a minor offence worth of arrest if committed more than once.

Discuss:

My view on this is that we really need to help society... We're letting a bunch of wimps cry so loud and we don't tell them they're wrong, delusional, or crazy when we should. We've let loudmouths be so offended by everything, that in our desire not to offend them we've just let them whine, enabling them to think they're right, when they're only mentally ill. What can we do to help them? Yeah we can bash them all night long, that's easy considering they're completely crazy, and mostly violent for what I've experienced. But this is becoming a big social problem, and we as humans should do something to help... We all know someone who we believe is "out there" in these terms. Should we just shut up about it? Look at what we've enabled.

Anyway... Open for discussion:
This post was last modified: 06-11-2015, 05:49 PM by TurdGolem.

06-11-2015, 06:04 PM #2
justjess
Chaplain
those two men werent exactly arrested for "manspreading"... which is a ticketable offense and has been for many years prior to the recent social media campaign against it because it breaks MTA rules http://web.mta.info/nyct/rules/rules.htm - they were arrested for having outstanding warrants that popped up when the officers went to issue them tickets for the "manspreading" ( i really hate that term )

and the actual rules apply to women as well.. if i were to leave my purse on the seat next to me or lay down across a row of seats when drunk or something those same rules of conduct for riding on the MTA would apply to me.

i have serious issues with broken window policing in general, i dont think anyone should be arrested or even ticketed for a victimless crime or something as silly as this - if anything throw them off the train - but NYC is a police state all its own. and has been for a very long time, or at least as long as i can remember.

have u ever rode on a NYC subway?

06-11-2015, 07:35 PM #3
TurdGolem
Knight
Well hello there,

Quote:those two men werent exactly arrested for "manspreading"

They were arrested because they were cited since they had a prior offense. So, the prior offense was not valid enough to arrest them, but combined with the criminal act of manspreading, it validated enough cause for an arrest. Hence, yes, they were arrested since the manspreading crime made it enough legal weight to go after these criminals.

These are the first 2 cases where manspreading has actually led to arrests. As described in the article. So we'll just go ahead and say, that if they had manspread before, and they were found manspreadding again, they would've been arrested likewise.

Quote:and the actual rules apply to women as well.. 
I understand, my concern probably relies with the weak wimp attitude of the social media outrage over manspreading. I hope you understand that I'm not in favor of men, or women. I see both human genders with equal capacity to commit acts of grandeur and stupidity alike. For instance, the MTGOW or whatever movement which although has some valid causes, like some cases of feminism, is full of idiots and tumbler and google plus internet warriors that affect public opinion as we know it. So, probably my real concern is with the cultural wimp outrage of modern tumblr and g+ protesters that have made non criminal activity be shunned as criminal activity.

Granted, the problem probably arises fo the term, manspread. Clearly distinctive of one of the genders. I do not believe someone should be arrested, cited, or ticketed for putting their bags on a seat that is empty. Neither someone for spreading their legs and being comfortable when the subway train is practically empty "Like in this occasion at a night time subway"

Quote:i have serious issues with broken window policing in general, i dont think anyone should be arrested or even ticketed for a victimless crime or something as silly as this - if anything throw them off the train - but NYC is a police state all its own. 

Well then it seems we may agree on more terms than those that we disagree. The way I look at it is as a way to use the common folk as ATM machine for the police department.

Quote:have u ever rode on a NYC subway?

That is correct. Although I've been to other states, the only places I've had the wondrous experience of going through a subway is Washington DC, PR, and NY. Of those 3, I would have to say that NY was not the best of the 3 experiences sadly.

Of all the things I saw, I would say manspreading was the least of my concerns. So were "bags in a seat".

Actually, a lady had bags on a seat and I gently asked her to remove her to let me and my wife site there. She was gentle enough to give me a grumpy face, yet remove them anyways.
This post was last modified: 06-11-2015, 07:47 PM by TurdGolem.

06-11-2015, 07:45 PM #4
Sarge
Marshall
Nothing bothers me more than guys in public who behave like they're alpha males. But i've always thought it was something that bothers other men only?

Manspreading is one of two things. Either the guy is overweight and feels comfortable sitting that way, or he is trying to tell the world he is the shit.

I find it funny that its actually legislated someplaces, but i will agree with any law that counters male egotism.

06-11-2015, 07:53 PM #5
TurdGolem
Knight
(06-11-2015, 07:45 PM)Sarge Wrote:  Nothing bothers me more than guys in public who behave like they're alpha males. But i've always thought it was something that bothers other men only?

Manspreading is one of two things. Either the guy is overweight and feels comfortable sitting that way, or he is trying to tell the world he is the shit.

I find it funny that its actually legislated someplaces, but i will agree with any law that counters male egotism.

Please... goodness what does alpha male animals have to do with the criminal act of manspreading?

Before continuing. Please just take a moment to consider, how is this being an "alpha male"

Then explain why is this woman being all alpha male

Thanks,
This post was last modified: 06-11-2015, 07:56 PM by TurdGolem.

06-11-2015, 08:44 PM #6
Sarge
Marshall
haha

Hey manspreading is definitely more comfortable then conventional sitting, so i'm not saying they're all that way.

But there is a difference in the way they're sitting in those pictures and the sign.

06-11-2015, 09:03 PM #7
justjess
Chaplain
(06-11-2015, 07:35 PM)TurdGolem Wrote:  They were arrested because they were cited since they had a prior offense. So, the prior offense was not valid enough to arrest them, but combined with the criminal act of manspreading, it validated enough cause for an arrest. Hence, yes, they were arrested since the manspreading crime made it enough legal weight to go after these criminals.

These are the first 2 cases where manspreading has actually led to arrests. As described in the article. So we'll just go ahead and say, that if they had manspread before, and they were found manspreadding again, they would've been arrested likewise.

they were arrested because they had outstanding warrants. they were no arrested for manspreading, though the manspreading led to the arrest because if they hadnt been doing it they wouldnt have had their information run and the warrants wouldnt have came up. i have found nothing to state that the previous warrant was also for manspreading. where did u see that?

Quote:I understand, my concern probably relies with the weak wimp attitude of the social media outrage over manspreading. I hope you understand that I'm not in favor of men, or women. I see both human genders with equal capacity to commit acts of grandeur and stupidity alike. For instance, the MTGOW or whatever movement which although has some valid causes, like some cases of feminism, is full of idiots and tumbler and google plus internet warriors that affect public opinion as we know it. So, probably my real concern is with the cultural wimp outrage of modern tumblr and g+ protesters that have made non criminal activity be shunned as criminal activity.

Granted, the problem probably arises fo the term, manspread. Clearly distinctive of one of the genders. I do not believe someone should be arrested, cited, or ticketed for putting their bags on a seat that is empty. Neither someone for spreading their legs and being comfortable when the subway train is practically empty "Like in this occasion at a night time subway"

manspreading was a term that some internet people or whoever came up with. the actual offense is not listed as manspreading.. its found in the mta's rules which i posted for you under a generic code for taking up too much space on the subway.. which could apply to anyone.

and i agree. violating basic manners should not be a crime in any sense, but that is nyc for u. those subways are a nightmare and always overcrowded. it is no doubt rude to take up soo much space when there are people who need seats. but being rude isnt a crime the last time i checked - though, the way police act now you would think it is.

Quote:That is correct. Although I've been to other states, the only places I've had the wondrous experience of going through a subway is Washington DC, PR, and NY. Of those 3, I would have to say that NY was not the best of the 3 experiences sadly.

Of all the things I saw, I would say manspreading was the least of my concerns. So were "bags in a seat".

Actually, a lady had bags on a seat and I gently asked her to remove her to let me and my wife site there. She was gentle enough to give me a grumpy face, yet remove them anyways.

personally i think ny'ers should be getting more up in arms about the bed bug infestations currently plaguing the subways but i didnt see an mta rule about their own conduct in keeping things sanitary so i guess there is nothing to be done about that.

also the lady u posted a picture of below should have been ticketed as well. she is taking up three seats. that is not ok. doesnt matter the gender. and for chrissakes why is her dog on the subway?

06-11-2015, 09:11 PM #8
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(06-11-2015, 05:24 PM)TurdGolem Wrote:  Well, it turns out that I was reading the news and I heard something about a word called "manspreading". And to be honest, I thought it was some troll in the comment section complaining about men getting arrested or cited for such actions. I don't know what made me search the term in google, which sadly I did...

From the beggining, the first articles or references I read were from lunatic radical feminists that seemed to simply complain about every aspect of their lives, and just wanted something dumb to rant about in Tumblr, or other forms of media. Nothing big there, since that seems to be the norm of modern feminists, or feminist men. ***(Granted, this is not a take at actual women that believe in humanism, but the group of radicals that harp and blame men for every single aspect of their actual failures, so please, don't take this as an actual rant against females, or women in well standing positions of leadership.)***.

Sadly, I stumbled upon actual news articles where they made the push so much, and complained about manspreading as if it was an actual thing that they even made the subway stations waste money on putting up signs such as these:

Kept going further, and there seems to be too many people, including these wimps, thinking that this is an acutal social issue, depicting how men control women, blablabla "insert random offended issue for non real issue here, like the #killallmen or #rapeculture yadayadayada"

They've taken pictures and there are actual people... really behind this... and there are people that actually do beleive that men are mysongygygwabala or whatever word they come up with that they never heard of but heard in tumbler, just because men spread sometimes.

I was laughing a bit at the lunacy to be honest, then I stumbled upon this and the smirk on my face kind of turned into dismay:

Huffingtonpost: 2 Men Get Cited & Arrested for Manspreading

Yes... You can click the link if you want, or be saved from the lunacy in it. This is modern wimpiness taken to an extreme. Apparently, tumbler feminists push their hatred for humanity to such an extent that NY city decided to make this a minor offence worth of arrest if committed more than once.

Discuss:

My view on this is that we really need to help society... We're letting a bunch of wimps cry so loud and we don't tell them they're wrong, delusional, or crazy when we should. We've let loudmouths be so offended by everything, that in our desire not to offend them we've just let them whine, enabling them to think they're right, when they're only mentally ill. What can we do to help them? Yeah we can bash them all night long, that's easy considering they're completely crazy, and mostly violent for what I've experienced. But this is becoming a big social problem, and we as humans should do something to help... We all know someone who we believe is "out there" in these terms. Should we just shut up about it? Look at what we've enabled.

Anyway... Open for discussion:

.... "manspreading" all I can say is lol. hhhhhhh
yup.. its crazytown.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/

06-11-2015, 09:14 PM #9
TurdGolem
Knight
(06-11-2015, 08:44 PM)Sarge Wrote:  haha

Hey manspreading is definitely more comfortable then conventional sitting, so i'm not saying they're all that way.

But there is a difference in the way they're sitting in those pictures and the sign.
Heh, indeed, there's idiots everywhere. But this is a thing that both male and female alike do, both in their respective weird way. I just don't think it has anything to do with misogynist rape culture that wants to destroy women or whatever else I sadly stumbled upon while reading manspreading articles.

Probably it's some dude "or dudette" being either an @hole, or simply feeling comfortable. Is it wrong? Maybe, only if the train is full  I would say they're being kind of aholes. But then again, msot people do way worse crap and having these people cited in court, arrested, or ticketed is beyond bizarre.

It is a bit funny, yet it's a bit sad that some people do take it so serious and just... rage as if it was an actual case of cultural something something oppressive "insert weird offensive term here"

It's stuff like that that makes me giggle and cry a little bit at the same time.

Granted, this one was a bit funny.
Big Grin 

In all seriousness, I do not understand the behavior of some mentally ill dudes, like these:

As much as I can't understand why some think that this is some weird oppressive patriarchal whatever. I mean, the whole thing would be silly and worth a few jokes if people were not being ticketed or court cited over it.

Seriously, I see a dude doing that and I'll just look at him and say something.

06-11-2015, 09:15 PM #10
justjess
Chaplain
Quote:The two arrestees highlighted in the report had previously been issued court summonses for other small crimes, including public urination and being in a park after dark, according to PROP Director Bob Gangi. Neither man showed up in court or paid his fine, so an arrest warrant was issued for each of them. When the officers allegedly saw the men spreading out on the subway and ran their background checks, warrants for the previous petty offenses popped up -- and voila, the officers could make the arrests.

from your own article